Author Topic: Lakers 102, Heat 104 (1OT)  (Read 2347 times)

acbaylove

Re: Lakers 102, Heat 104 (1OT)
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2004, 03:38:39 AM »
LOL, then what woulda' been a better shot than that, Mr. NBA analyst?

A 2 points shot. ;)

With 3 seconds remaining? I don't think so...

Why not? I mean in Europe they prefeer to make another OT rather than doing the thing everybody is expecting.. done by the guy everybody is doubling.. In fact they doubled Kobe and Kobe shot from 3pts. Like everybody was expecting. And he didnt have enought balance when he shot. But i understand in the NBA they usually play to make the last WINNING shot rather than a 2 points play.

acbaylove

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2004, 03:48:40 AM »
Anyway IN NO WAY i'm saying this is the "last step" they need (they'll probably have it in 2007..), but the addition of Caron Butler, Vlade Divac (100% healty) and Devean George will help them for sure.

acbaylove

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2004, 03:58:56 AM »
Anyway LMAO @ Shaq saying this one was just a "normal" game before the match. What a fucking lyer, lol.

"All day, I was saying to myself, no layups and no dunks. I kind of forgot I had five [fouls] at that point."
No layups and dunks for everybody?
"Basically everybody, but especially, you know, him," O'Neal said.

(source: NBA.com)

LOL what a moron! He left the team without him just to intentionally foul Kobe..
He's very lucky that Kobe felt tired at that point and he didnt close the game..
Immagine Kobe making 15 points in the last 5 minutes and winning the game..
Shaq risked too much. He did a pretty huge mistake.
I'm the first to blame Kobe when he makes a basketball mistake, but this time it was Shaq doing it.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2004, 04:20:00 AM »
I agree, with 3 secondes left Kobe should have taken a pick and roll and penetrade to the basket, get fouled, make them free-throws and force another over-time without Shaq.

But Antonio, don't you play basketball too? If it's your mission to not let easy, psychologically important baskets happen, you sometimes forget about what would be better on a long-term basis. Plus Im sure Shaq really didnt want to see Bryant doing a fancy dunk with him standing by for like a million times in slow motion on TV after the Game.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2004, 04:52:35 AM »
I agree, with 3 secondes left Kobe should have taken a pick and roll and penetrade to the basket, get fouled, make them free-throws and force another over-time without Shaq.

Yeah, that's what we do here in Europe. I mean Kobe was playing at home, against a Shaq-less Miami, and he wasnt 100% healty (he was hella tired, in fact he was scoreless since 3'' in the 4th quarter). Odom and Atkins were making them 3 points since then. So Kobe wasnt the best guy to shoot from 3pts (what about Odom? He was on fire from 3pts, plus he really wanted to make that shot. Just watch his reaction after Bryant, doubled, missed the last shot). And a 3pts shot was too dangerous, expecially in Kobe's hands, since everybody and their moma knew Kobe was about to shoot from 3pts. Miami doubled him, he missed the shot. Game over. But like i said in the NBA they dont do those things. Players win or loose the matches, not tactics. I'm sure if it was an NCAA final, that one was a 2pts shot (or 2 FT shots). I aint mad at Kobe bacause of it. I mean he led Lakers till there, he deserved the shot. But that wasnt tecnically the best shot possible and the "right thing" to do.

Another example? Detroit last year. Lakers -3, a couple of seconds left. In Europe it was a no-time out situation. I mean everybody knows that's a typical foul situation with 2 FT. You make a faul, the other team makes 2 from the FT, you get the ball, you win. No. Brown did the "NBA" thing. He let Kobe make the last shot from 3pts. Kobe did it. Overtime. Lakers win. That's the great difference between NBA and NCAA/Europe.

But Antonio, don't you play basketball too? If it's your mission to not let easy, psychologically important baskets happen, you sometimes forget about what would be better on a long-term basis. Plus Im sure Shaq really didnt want to see Bryant doing a fancy dunk with him standing by for like a million times in slow motion on TV after the Game.

Yeah, of course. I was just joking with him.. cause he was acting like the thought guy, you know.. "That's just a normal game..". Hell naw! Have you seen his eyes? He wanted to win that game more than an NBA final. lol.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2004, 07:23:40 AM »
lol...the lakers are in a fight for the 7th and 8th seeds...kobe doesnt make anyone better the way shaq does..the lakers fucked up...kobe = ball hog, dribbles 2 much, shoots 2 much...and doesnt get anyone else involved

acbaylove

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2004, 07:34:52 AM »
lol...the lakers are in a fight for the 7th and 8th seeds...kobe doesnt make anyone better the way shaq does..the lakers fucked up...kobe = ball hog, dribbles 2 much, shoots 2 much...and doesnt get anyone else involved

Once again it's easy to reply to you with stats: KOBE RANKS #6 IN NBA IN ASSIST PER GAME (7.2)

The truth is that Miami is a better team than the Lakers (without George, Butler and Divac), that Wade and Eddie Jones are two very good players (i just loved Eddie.. like everyone but Shaq did, in L.A.), that Leattner helped them a lot from the bench, that they had 4 different players rotating and defending on Kobe, and that Riley is the best coach ever to make games for a Center (remember Kareem?).

On the other side, Rudy T doesnt even have a gamebook: he just gives the ball to Kobe and Kobe creates. On the other side, Lakers have no decent players coming from the bench. And yesterday they started with Atkins, Mihm and Jumaine Jones. 3 decent back-up players, but nothing more. And if you consider the bench players were even worse......

I think you all disrespect Kobe too much. Yesterday Kobe did a great game, Shaq a pretty good (but nothing special) game. Yesterday Kobe did the last shot to win the game, while Shaq was so dumb to make a stupid foul against Kobe (his 6th) letting his team without him for the 4th quarter and the OT.

And, the last thing, you care too much about Kobe and Shaq. Or Jordan and Pippen. But remember a good supporting cast is fundamental: players like Horace Grant, Rodman, Harper, Paxon, Kerr, Horry, Fisher, Fox, Shaw, etc.. deserves the ring just like Kobe & Shaq. Cause it's a basketball TEAM, that's not tennis or golf.

So please, give it up with that random nonsense shit..

Lakers are in a fight for the 7th and 8th seeds..? Does it mean Miami did a wonderful game and Shaq dominated? Or viceversa?

acbaylove

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2004, 07:38:30 AM »
P.S. In Overtime, Kobe didnt shot till the last one. He just kept passing the ball and letting his teammates be involved. Lakers lost.
Until there, Kobe just kept shooting and playing alone. Lakers were winning.
Think about it.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2004, 08:50:45 AM »
kobe said it was a normal game also. and my views on kobe was that he was a huge ballhog throughout the whole game. and the reason he wasnt hogging the ball at the end was because he was tired. kobe is a very good player but if he became more of a team player then they would do a lot better imo. but then again, this is the first time i have watched kobe and the lakers play since the finals last year. and about all this media bs, all in all kobe and shaq are both idiots imo. and i was hoping for the lakers to defeat the heat, bc for sum reason i dont like shaq. he claims to be all classy but ever since i saw barkley whoop his ass hes just a bitch.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2004, 09:54:12 AM »

He's very lucky that Kobe felt tired at that point and he didnt close the game..

LOL...Kobe "felt" tired...arn't his team mates giving him 110% ;D? Those 9 turnovers really made him feel tired  ::)

and if I was Shaq, i'd go for the block...Shaq was going for the block..when you're in a game like that with a very close score...everything counts..Shaq had to at least contest it

Antonio..lay off the coffee..or whatever you have in your system ;D

Does it mean Miami did a wonderful game and Shaq dominated? Or viceversa?

They had a horrible game

DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »
uhhh shaq hasnt proved shit without Kobe on his team. he has no finals games wins w/out Kobe. so how could u call shaq a "winner" and kobe a "loser?" not real good logic

Because I have always believed that Shaq was the reason for the wins and Kobe could have been replaced with about 7 or 8 different guys, while Shaq could have been replaced by only Duncan. The next couple years will show if I'm right or not.

and NIK, Kobe has never shown me anything outside of a few high light reel appearances to make me think he's anywhere near Bird yet.

You must not watch basketball...Without Kobe, there is no way the Lakers would've won 3 straight championships...NO WAY IN HELL...You gotta be one dumbass not to know that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2004, 10:36:11 AM »

A 2 points shot. ;)

Why not? I mean in Europe they prefeer to make another OT rather than doing the thing everybody is expecting.. done by the guy everybody is doubling.. In fact they doubled Kobe and Kobe shot from 3pts. Like everybody was expecting. And he didnt have enought balance when he shot. But i understand in the NBA they usually play to make the last WINNING shot rather than a 2 points play.

The paint was being guarded, so there was no way to throw the ball into the painted area without having it deflected, and it takes a lot more than 3 seconds to drive the ball in and get a nice look at a lay-up...Kobe took the best shot possible, and that's probably the play Tomjonavich drew out...This isn't Europe, buddy.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2004, 10:42:09 AM »

LMAO@Kobe doesn't make anyone better...Caron Butler, Chris Mihm, Chucky Atkins, Brian Cook, Jumain Jones, Tierre Brown, etc. are all playing better than they were last year...Lamar Odom is shooting a higher percentage shot than he ever has with Kobe on the team...Kobe is averaging about 7 assists a game, the most of his career...You don't know your shit, man...

acbaylove

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2004, 10:44:18 AM »

A 2 points shot. ;)

The paint was being guarded, so there was no way to throw the ball into the painted area without having it deflected, and it takes a lot more than 3 seconds to drive the ball in and get a nice look at a lay-up...Kobe took the best shot possible, and that's probably the play Tomjonavich drew out...This isn't Europe, buddy.

No, it's not that the paint was guarded. It's that, like you said, both Kobe & Rudy T wanted Kobe to shot from 3pts. It wasnt an European game, I know. But i aint blaming Kobe.. It's all good, he deserved that shot.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2004, 10:45:30 AM »
but then again, this is the first time i have watched kobe and the lakers play since the finals last year. and

There's your answer...Kobe is playing a team game more than ever...Check out his average assists per game.