Author Topic: Its Scarry to think of how good big pun would be if he was still alive....  (Read 542 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Discuss.....

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeh. i remember when he died i was in my friends car listening to the radio and was like damn. and they kept mentioning j lo since they knew eachither so well or something.

RIP pun

Throwback

never got into him. so i dont know.

Elevz

If you're talking about him being mad skilled... I guess his debut album was ok, but it wasn't to me like he was the new 'King of New York'. He even died too early in his career to be a real legend like Pac or Big. Unlucky, maybe he would have grown somewhat, but I don't really feel like the world of hip-hop lost something great back when Big Pun died. I'd probably rate ODB more skilled. Him dying meant more to me.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
This is the big pun appreatiation thread because the anniversary of his death is almost here....I mean for real yall....the word play was immaculate everything all the greatest rappers in the game got....pun had it.....give up some props for one of the best rappers to ever touch a MIC regardless of color or coast .....BIG PUN

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
HIS WORD PLAY IS UNTOUCHABLE !!!!

R.I.P

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
If you're talking about him being mad skilled... I guess his debut album was ok, but it wasn't to me like he was the new 'King of New York'. He even died too early in his career to be a real legend like Pac or Big. Unlucky, maybe he would have grown somewhat, but I don't really feel like the world of hip-hop lost something great back when Big Pun died. I'd probably rate ODB more skilled. Him dying meant more to me.

you gotta be fucking kidding me....he never claimed to be king of new york....the critics put that kind of pressure on him....by the time
"yeeeeah baby!!!" came out he was coming into his own a few more albums  and he could have been a real legend in the game....I like odb as much as anybody else thats a bad look man, all Im sayin is dude was sick...

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

Matrix Heart

Any word on his last meal ?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

If I could drop your karma youd be hit.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re: Its Scarry to think of how good big pun would be if he was still alive....
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 08:31:14 AM »
what if...what if...

who cares? everyone knows he got his entire style from g rap and he never took it to another level

great mc, near classic debut. nothing more, nothing less.

lol @ untouchable wordplay

common, gza, redman>puns wordplay

« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 08:33:39 AM by smartass »
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Matrix Heart

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 08:36:12 AM »

If I could drop your karma youd be hit.

If I could delete this thread it would disappear.

If I could eat 15 big macs I would.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005, 08:36:48 AM »
what if...what if...

who cares? everyone knows he got his entire style from g rap and he never took it to another level

great mc, near classic debut. nothing more, nothing less.

no doubt, point taken but Pun was like some G RAP new and improved shit....he always gave G rap his props as a young bronx rapper who else you gonna look up to? everyone has an inspiration....people act like everyone is just so damn original....jay got his style from big L
nas got his style from G rap and rakim....biggie combined the best elements of snoop , nas , lord finesse , 2 pac etc.

* bumps road to riches by kool G rap *

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 09:31:09 AM »

it would be scary.. but got overlook by most..kuz of the shitty productions they had then... i always said he sounded betta without the beats he had..

jus think.. cuban link would still be in the click... fuck ass joey

dray

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2005, 10:28:49 AM »
i think that pun was of the nicest dudes out at that time. his career was just beginning to take off when he passed. his wordplay was unlike anything i had evr heard. this guy could say a ton of words in seconds without breathing. r.i.p. big pun.