Author Topic: Tsunami Donator Countries: Australia is king  (Read 768 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tsunami Donator Countries: Australia is king
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2005, 01:56:06 PM »
Conservatives believe in equal rights.  Republicans have no problem running racist candidates, and giving racist senators high ranking positions in their party.   

Funny. Just the other night I was watching a documentary about Martin Luther King. They were showing some video clips of one of his group's marching demonstrations, and you see some people on the sidelines smashing store windows, pretending to be part of the march. Turns out they were really being paid to cause trouble. Some public officials took the opportunity to denounce King's efforts as violent and to discourage people from joining his cause. Guess which senator got a cameo in the documentary as one of these officials?

Robert Byrd (D)

I wonder how many anti-semitic bigots voted against Bush because he's pro-Israel?

your party is racist thats why it controls the south.  racist voters aren't voting for candidates that support affirmative action, simple as that.  if you want to ignore reality feel free.....

Byrd was racist 3 decades ago when the majority of america was racist, he has since denouced racism and joined the democrats to promote equal rights because he is embarassed of his poast.

Republicans on the other hand embrace former democrats who left the party because the dems pushed out racist candidates.  Your party embraced racist dems with open arms and promoted them to leadership positions. 

your dwelling on things that happened 30 years ago, i'm telling you what still happens today.

Let's face it the KKK isnt voting for democrats.  And your party ran candidates THIS YEAR who told people there are "favored races" and implied the reasons our cities look like shit is because of black people.  This didnt happen 30 years ago, this happened in 2004.  In 2002 you had your CHOSEN senate majority leadersay the country would be better off if we remained segregated.

___

and if you want to talk about anti-semitism, your party is anti the whole middle east practically. whenever i hear anyone say "you know what i think, i think we should just nuke all those bastards" its always followed by "and that is why i voted for Bush."  The avg. joe isnt running around all day thinking about hating jews and forming jewish hate groups.  The avg. republican at the very least dislikes black poeple, and was happy to see iraqis, who had nothing to do with 9-11, being tortured by US soldiers, because we were trying desperately to find the location of WMD that never existed.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 01:58:27 PM by Ant »

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2005, 01:57:21 PM »

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2005, 07:09:22 PM »
lol it's not about who donates the most, a more effective parameter should be the amount of effort each country is putting in and a monetary form doesn't reflect it to a full extent.

My country, Australia, did not donate all this money just so they could be at the top of the donations list, cause we can't even afford to do so. Efforts with sporting events and concerts have enabled us to give more also.

Indonesia and Australian governments have had good ties through out the past, with negotiations which lead to the development of the new democracy of East Timor, fighting against rebels, etc etc. So naturally when a disaster like this happens on our 'doorstep' of course were going to lend a helping hand to it, which is a trait to our people.

In Japan's case i can understand since they have dealt with tsunami's in the past, and can empathise. Other countries have put in massive amounts too which is good to see people uniting to overcome such an unfortunate disaster.

I am tho quite proud of Australia's involvement, however with other natural problems occuring back home (bushfires, etc) i think Howard also needs to attend to home issues as well as a broad.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)