Author Topic: ANTI VIRUS HELP  (Read 82 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
ANTI VIRUS HELP
« on: January 16, 2005, 07:44:21 AM »
Ive had my computer for almost a year and I use anti virus and Im still somewhat of a newb due to an extended " vacation " I was forced to take this summer ....anyways when I bought my computer I was urged to buy nortons antivirus by the dudes at best buy...It expires in a few weeks....I really dont wanna pay for more coverage and Ive heard norton is mad flawed anyways...can yall make some suggestions about how I could go about getting some solid antivrus ? like I said Im some what of a newb ..Is it safe to down load antivirus programs from the web?....Info and links to sights that would help me would be very much appreatiated...

good lookin out yall
-VEGAZ

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: ANTI VIRUS HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 08:07:38 AM »
i bought 1 from my college for 8$

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 08:09:04 AM »
that aint bad at all...I paid like 60 bucks for my shit last year

Thirteen

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 09:19:40 AM »
no antivirus catches all viruses so they say it's good to have two

AVG antivirus is free of charge and ranks up there with the best of them....you can download it at www.girisoft.com or something like that... if that's not the site just type in AVG antivirus in a google search

the best are mcaffee and norton, but you'll pretty much pay for those unless you dl them off kazaa or some shit

Matrix Heart

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 09:28:06 AM »
Ive had my computer for almost a year and I use anti virus and Im still somewhat of a newb due to an extended " vacation " I was forced to take this summer ....anyways when I bought my computer I was urged to buy nortons antivirus by the dudes at best buy...It expires in a few weeks....I really dont wanna pay for more coverage and Ive heard norton is mad flawed anyways...can yall make some suggestions about how I could go about getting some solid antivrus ? like I said Im some what of a newb ..Is it safe to down load antivirus programs from the web?....Info and links to sights that would help me would be very much appreatiated...

good lookin out yall
-VEGAZ

More important you need a firewall...
http://www.download.com/ZoneAlarm/3000-10435_4-10346118.html?tag=lst-0-12

Check out this site fo your basic downloads.
http://www.download.com/Utilities/2001-2018_4-0.html?tag=stbc.gp

It also has antivirus programs you can choose from  :banana_llama:

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 04:09:30 PM »
just uninstall and reinstall. the computer will think its a new subscription. it only works for a year or 2