Author Topic: what's so bad about 'toy soldiers'?  (Read 581 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: what's so bad about 'toy soldiers'?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2005, 07:30:33 AM »
good song, Ive always liked it. unique production.
Does that mean they rule? No. Does that mean that it's unique? Hell yeah, it does.

Explain that. First you like it for it's unique production, then you're saying those are not related to each other?

I like it.
Still, unique doesnt mean that it's always good you know?
I can make some random beat that sounds like pure BS, and you have never heard a beat like that before (because it sucks) and it is still unique.
Even the people who don't like Toy Soliders should know that the drums are unique. They can hate the drums, but they remain unique.
I like the song. But I can understand how come many people don't feel the same way.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2005, 03:58:57 AM »
k, so them drums being unique stand alone from you liking the song... that clears things up... but to me, them drums are some of the most annoying ones ever heard. the song could have been so much better if only eminem had changed the drums and his flow.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2005, 04:14:31 AM »
Snoop`s fall off  isn`t even CLOSE to how bad Em fell off . Snoop atleast kept his style and flow , rhymed about bitches , weed , gangsta shit ... regular Snoop  . But he had horrible production on the game is to be sold .

Eminem has ruined his entire style . He sounds like a irish countryboy from the south or something . Lyrics are wack as fuck , and his production is possibly the most annoing hip hop production I have ever heard . I don`t even think he gives a shit about his music sounding good anymore .

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2005, 09:50:07 PM »
lyrics were whack n the video was confusin. did someone die or sumthing?

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2005, 10:45:05 PM »
lyrics were whack n the video was confusin. did someone die or sumthing?

::)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2005, 12:19:09 AM »
Snoop`s fall off  isn`t even CLOSE to how bad Em fell off . Snoop atleast kept his style and flow , rhymed about bitches , weed , gangsta shit ... regular Snoop  . But he had horrible production on the game is to be sold .

Eminem has ruined his entire style . He sounds like a irish countryboy from the south or something . Lyrics are wack as fuck , and his production is possibly the most annoing hip hop production I have ever heard . I don`t even think he gives a shit about his music sounding good anymore .

an irish country boy?.....i'm sorry but he sounds nothing like bubba sparxxx and eminem makes better beats than MANY producers

i don't know how anyone can say that this beat sux or is bland.

okay the song is called "toy soldiers" that's why there's that rolling snare drum loop....those are the same kind of drums they use when soldiers die at funerals...."we all faaaaaaaaallll like toy soldiers" also he's talking about beef going too far and people dying like big and pac over something stupid shit.....imo this song is deep

my only critique is that during the verses all the production goes away ...if he kept the energy inbetween it'd be a really dope track

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sikotic™

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2005, 06:00:27 PM »
I owuldn;t say Em fell off as hard as Snoop. Y'all are over doing it. Eminem put out one bad album and now it's equivalent to the 3 bad ones Snoop put out? Wait for the next album before you judge.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DAYUM

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2005, 09:54:36 PM »
I owuldn;t say Em fell off as hard as Snoop. Y'all are over doing it. Eminem put out one bad album and now it's equivalent to the 3 bad ones Snoop put out? Wait for the next album before you judge.

what are the 3 bad albums snoop put out? he only has 2 imo

Paid the cost to be the boss
and
the game is sold not told