Author Topic: Is anybody else into this band?  (Read 243 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is anybody else into this band?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 07:17:19 AM »
yeah, Bradley Nowell, the incredibly talented band leader OD'd on heroin in '97

and Sikotic, if you wanna get into them, i suggest you get their third album first, it's a perfect introduction to the band and like jake, me and some others said, classic shit right there

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 07:21:12 AM »
there's that one song I like.  I don't remember what it's called tho.  It's their most popular song.

like bra said "What I Got" or maybe "Santeria", the 2nd huge hit of theirs

Doggystylin

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 12:42:54 AM »
Summertime is the shit. I've always wanted to get into Sublime, but I alwasy forget about em.

lmao

yeah sublime is cool, they got some nice shit but you got to be in the mood for it, i was really into them back in the day, not so much nowdays but they still get some spins

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 03:24:28 AM »
I started listening to them when "What I got" hit. They're nice.

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 08:31:55 AM »
i just got into sublime this year up at college.  but i would have to say although i love santeria, summertime, what i got, date rape, and 2 joints, more than most, my favorite has to be poolshark.  that song is insane.  you can really tell what he is going through with his heroin addiction.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2005, 03:49:38 PM »
i just got into sublime this year up at college.  but i would have to say although i love santeria, summertime, what i got, date rape, and 2 joints, more than most, my favorite has to be poolshark.  that song is insane.  you can really tell what he is going through with his heroin addiction.

one of the few songs that really kinda make me sad...i'm not too easily affected by sad lyrics, but this shit is quite brutal, just a few lines and you got the picture of this desparate heroin fiend wanting to get off but failing...he even says he's gonna lose the war and a few years later he did... :-\

Citizen-Y

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2005, 05:25:03 PM »
I like them when I first heard them but I do wish he would have never of died so he could have made more songs so I don't have to hear Santeria OVER AND OVER AND OVER again on the radio.

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2005, 11:20:05 PM »
yep i like sublime they are alright but i dont wanna get to into them cuz they are over now but Rip to the dud that died from the band if im correct if not then it the beer but the band i like right now that is not rap is Three Dyas Grace iand i hate canadian music but this shit  fits certain moods like the song "home" when me girl punks me out i just bump that shit and im like i think his girl is the same way.