Author Topic: Mercenaries....Final thoughts  (Read 164 times)

Thirteen

Mercenaries....Final thoughts
« on: January 19, 2005, 02:42:41 PM »
Beat the game yesterday... pretty nice how i let the last guy launch nuclear missles and the end changed accordingly...no more Seoul, South Korea...but overall it wasn't to satisfying of a final level or ending

pros:
- graphics
- controls
- sound
- amount of weapons and vehicles
- mission structure
- hidden items that unlock extra vehicles, equipment and cheats are fun to look for because of the environment and also most of the items have different names.... even found plans for "Death Star" because of the Lucasarts developer

cons
- some collision detectection issues on bridges... especially at top speed
- some dumb computer AI moves
- missions themselves get repeatitive after awhile
- money near the end of the game has no value...you have MILLIONS of dollars earned and there's nothing stopping you from just unleashing everything because when the game is over, that money means nothing....also eliminated the chance of me keeping the last guy alive... why should i take the $100,000,000 for taking him alive when i can just shoot him in the face with a shot gun and get $50,000,000?

over all a good game for the 20ish hours, gets a little boring near the end, but you push through just to see the end

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Mercenaries....Final thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 11:16:28 AM »
I FINALLY got this game lol...been playing it..i didn't know if you killed a memebr of the 52 deck that you'd only get half the money...i ran over the 7 of clubs ;D...dope game game
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Thirteen

Re: Mercenaries....Final thoughts
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »
I FINALLY got this game lol...been playing it..i didn't know if you killed a memebr of the 52 deck that you'd only get half the money...i ran over the 7 of clubs ;D...dope game game

yeah near the end i had a shotload of money so i was just killing the number cards....i'd crash helos on them, drop bombs on their area, pick up their jeeps with the helos and toss them into mountains....and the last level is pretty difficult, but i was just bored of the capturing so i planned on shooting him in the face with a shotgun

game would have been alot better if they tied all the cards into missions and not just the face cards...after awhile it just felt like you were arresting nameless people and you don't really have any reason to hate them or want them captured besides the short paragraph about them