Author Topic: Does it really matter if the West isn't on top?  (Read 330 times)

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
Re: Does it really matter if the West isn't on top?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 03:03:24 AM »
fuck ppl who listen to mili vanili

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 03:06:49 AM »
Yes it does matter, because the East Coast just doesn't have as much style as the West Coast does.  Hip-hop was at it's peak in the mid-90's when the West Coast was running hip-hop.  Then, after the demise of the West Coast in 97, we had to deal with the South and Master P and the shiny suits of the East Coast.  Even the LOX, Jadakiss and all them used to wear shiny suits when it was in style, and I don't care what anyone says, Jay-Z was never much more than an average rapper.
co-sign

'EclipZe

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 03:21:12 AM »

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 03:28:46 AM »
It really does not affect ME cause, in Spain we just don't get much repercussion of what's hot over there in terms of rap music. BUT:

Why it would be nice to be back on top:
- Exposure. You'll hear westcoast tracks all over the place, in the club, in the radio, your friends will ask you for that Bad Azz CD when they used to ask you to download the new Nelly.
- New cats. A lot of upcoming talents that would have not even tried with the actual westcoast situation (no possibilities of blowing up), will appear and new stars will take over the left side.
- Old cats blowing up. Vets in the game will see their chance to blow up and improve their shit.

Why it would NOT be nice to be back on top:
- Over-exposure. Don't you hate it when a song that you love blows up, you hear it 24/7 and end up tired of it? Or when peeps that don't know shit about the west start representing and talking to you about how classic Doggystyle is when they were bumpin Milli Vanilli at the time.
- Commercialization. Westcoast rap would transform more and more into a radio-friendly format in order to gather even more listeners. The spotlight may not mean better music is made but that even wack music blows up.

youre right!
and some competition on the west would be damn good
but right now when you buy an album.. .or download... its not the same quality as it used to be
the average westcoast album at the moment: 2-3 nice tracks, rest garbage...
back in the day: almost the whole CD was straight heat!

and i think this will change... as soon the west is doing better again

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 06:57:12 AM »
It matters to me that tha West Coast gets back on top coz when tha West had it locked muthafuckas were cashing in and tha Rap game was more competitive. tha game is loaded witt lames right now............Dip Set is a perfect example....... 8)

Thirteen

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2005, 07:13:48 AM »
i could care less if i don't hear my favorite artist on the radio 3 times an hour but too bad i can't say the same for the artists... it's this lack of exposure that was one of the reasons that DJ Quik almost quit

doesnt matter...i like being on the east and being one of the few out here the bump mostly west coast...as long as the dope music keeps coming who really gives a fuck?  do sales have anything to do with any of us?

and man i hate being on the east coast and listening to westcoast music....east coast people are biased as fuck

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2005, 07:28:12 AM »
East Coast people are biased as fuck

I almost punched this nigga in tha face last night for talking shit about tha Westcoast........nigga don't know shit about Westcoast rap.
He said all of tha rappers sound tha same and talk about tha same thing. Their flow is slow, so i asked him to name some Eastcoast rappers who's flow isn't slow and when i mean this i mean just raps at fats pace. tha nigga couldn't ansewr so i said man your just hating and i started to name rappers who don't spit that Gangsta shit 24/7 and he was justb there listening.
 tha nigga started shiting on 2Pac to saying 2Pac ain't good and i asked him if he ever listened to a 2Pac album he said no wtf........how can you judge him and never listened to one of his albums  ???
 then tha nigga went and said 2Pac albums never sold and now Feminem is producing his albums he's selling. i told him he's wrong then he said ever since 2Pac died Feminem produced all his albums.
I named tha albums released since his death that Feminen didn't do no production on Makaveli, R U Still Down ? [Remember Me] , Still I Rise, Until The End Of Time, Better Dayz, Nu-Mixx Klazzics . he had nothing to say that's when i was about to knock him out.

I hate when people talk just out of hatred shit pisses me off

acbaylove

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2005, 07:30:16 AM »
FOR ME: I just wanna hear good music.
FOR THE RAPPERS: Well to sell 2x platinum is different than to sell 50,000 units.
FOR THE MUSIC: Selling platinum albums will makes you invest more on your next project, making better music.

MASHALOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2005, 09:35:02 AM »
HELL YEAH IT MATTERS. IF WE ON TOP WE AS ARTIST CAN MAKE MONEY. THEN MOST OF US WON'T BE RESORTING TO LIKS AND GETTING LOCKED UP LIKE HALF OF THE WEST COAST ARTIST. IF THE WEST WAS ON TOP ALOT MORE ARTIST WILL BE COMFORTABLE AND ABLE TO MAKE A GOOD LIVING. CUZ LABELS WOULD BE WILLING TO SPEND THE MONEY

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2005, 10:12:04 AM »
i could care less if i don't hear my favorite artist on the radio 3 times an hour but too bad i can't say the same for the artists... it's this lack of exposure that was one of the reasons that DJ Quik almost quit

doesnt matter...i like being on the east and being one of the few out here the bump mostly west coast...as long as the dope music keeps coming who really gives a fuck?  do sales have anything to do with any of us?

and man i hate being on the east coast and listening to westcoast music....east coast people are biased as fuck

^so true man ... I know exactly what you are talking about
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion