Author Topic: Why isn't Ice cube considered maybe the best rapper ever???  (Read 927 times)

Trauma-san

Re: Why isn't Ice cube considered maybe the best rapper ever???
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2005, 09:41:42 AM »
Anybody who was around in the early 90's knows Ice Cube is one of the most consistant of all time.  He basically was the reason gangsta rap contiuned past NWA, without Ice Cube's solid albums after leaving the group, the whole genre might have not even lasted long enough for Dr. Dre to perfect it on "The Chronic" and "Doggystyle".  He was one of the first rappers to actually have a *GOOD* part in a movie, and won widespread critical acclaim for "Boyz In the Hood".  He's made 500 million dollars in the box office with the movies he's starred in, far more than any other rapper.  He's changed his style over the years, but still shows (like when N.W.A. 'reunited') that he can still do things the old way, he just for whatever reason chooses not to.  He was the one at the centerpoint of all of the 'cracker' rap about how he wanted to kill the man, and how white women had flat asses, but yet stands today with the love of at least young white America, despite that.  Instead of turning into an old outdated rapper who's not cool anymore, a casualty of time... he's turned into one of the most successful actors in Hollywood.  I can't fault him for that. 

Got to be one of the greatest.  I'd probably put him @ #2.  I love Biggie, but Biggie unfortunately wasn't around long enough to get much accomplished.  Ignoring Pac's incredibly prolific output and not considering him #1 would be ignorant, so you can't say that (even though I'm not much of a fan of Pac, I understand his 'greatness')... but Ice Cube I think has arrived at the #2 spot, only behind Pac.  Pac is dead, so one day Cube may be the only one around still building legacies. 

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2005, 08:12:19 AM »
Answer to your question -> Because he isn't.  ;D
NO MORE WAR

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2005, 11:38:18 PM »
ahhhahahahahahah thats ja rule

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2005, 06:03:20 AM »
Wow, you can see things... *applause*   guessing your a fan of Ja Rule #2   a.k.a. 50 cent ??
NO MORE WAR

Florez

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Return of the gangstas
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2005, 12:07:03 PM »
Wow somebody makes a comment on your picture of Ja rule, and you change you picture!
And since everybody loves Pac.....
People opinions really influence you a lot don't they?
''I'm still a doggpound nigga I ain't never gonna give it up''