Author Topic: quit smoking  (Read 278 times)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
quit smoking
« on: January 25, 2005, 04:00:46 PM »
Ive been a smoker for about 2 years, started when i was around 15. However within the last year ive become a really heavy smoker, and ive decided to quit. For the past year ive smoked 5 packs a week, hella lotta money.

Ive tried cold turkey, and its no use. Ive tried the gum, but i cant stick to it. Anyone ever tried quitting, or suceeded.

Matrix Heart

Re: quit smoking
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 04:23:56 PM »
Join a gang  :D

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 04:26:40 PM »
take an overdose :)

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 04:28:19 PM »
get hypnotized

Matrix Heart

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 04:34:37 PM »
^^ROFL

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 04:44:41 PM »
go walk around with a toothpick in ur mouth all day instead of using cigarettes :P

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 05:12:24 PM »
when I quit smoking it was easy, one day I was at a party with a bonfire at my friend's house, then shot my smokes in the fire.  my friend was like WTF are you doing!!??

"I just quit smoking"

then lit up a bowl of chronic :)

seriously though I dont know, you should try and stay away from people who are.. uh, if the gum didn't work, I wouldn't really know what to say man, sorry..

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 05:17:49 PM »
Pick up another habit. Just masterbate whenever you have to smoke lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Matrix Heart

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 05:36:27 PM »
Jolly ranchers or sunflower seeds ??

But I don't smoke.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2005, 05:41:47 PM »
good for you.. im also doing the same.. truthfully, its hard cold turkey, but i just limit myself to like 1 or 2 cigarets a day... and eventually, it will be a drag, and then nothing...

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 05:56:09 PM »
good for you.. im also doing the same.. truthfully, its hard cold turkey, but i just limit myself to like 1 or 2 cigarets a day... and eventually, it will be a drag, and then nothing...
i cant limit myself, if i have em i smoke em.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 05:57:43 PM »
^O i dont buy packs, thats my other thing, i bum cigs, if i will smoke, and my friends are all getting tired of bumming them to me, and they all know im quiting, so they are gonna stop soon..
but im reallyt weak also, i always make exeptions for me to smoke, like im drunk, or the eagles won, or it snowed...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 08:34:31 PM »
My Dad tried this new age thing, I'll see if I can find out what it's called. He was a heavy smoker, a pack a day and after 3 sessions and $100 he hasn't had a craving.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2005, 05:13:49 AM »
but im reallyt weak also, i always make exeptions for me to smoke, like im drunk, or the eagles won, or it snowed...
hahaha, same here man. it's a shitty day, beautiful sunset right there, i just worked alot, what a dope fucking song, weather sucks, i've just done something i deserve a reward for..............the list is endless lol

i gotta say though, i'm not even trying to stop right now, i'm just trying not to exaggerate...what i often do is when i think it would be a nice opportunity to smoke, i just say to myself no not now and wait for the next one to come along...that does reduce my consume a lil, but you cannot stop like that of course

my prob would be that the vast majority of my friends smoke...i can't spend a few hours around a bunch of people anywhere without one of them lighting up a cig and then it's painful to just watch them lol

so except for the usual stuff i don't think i can give you any advice