Author Topic: The_Game-The_Documentary-2005-RNS (OFFICIAL GAME THREAD)  (Read 23526 times)

King Of L.A.

Re: Is it safe to say that Game= King of WestCoast???
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2005, 12:20:26 AM »
No way in hell. Get off his dick. ;D

since when is liking an album being on his dick?

i like doggstyle, does that mean im riding snoops dick?

please stfu white boy.

acbaylove

Re: Is it safe to say that Game= King of WestCoast???
« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2005, 02:16:26 AM »
^^ Black boy, he didnt just say he like the album, cause i like it too. But he named his topic "Is safe to say Game is the king of the West?" (Nima moved his topic into this one), and he added: "He's a better songmaker than all  of the so called MC competition!!! And he's a better MC than the great songwriters!!! Now he has the sells to go with the skills. #1 on Power 106!!!". He didnt even named the album, black boy. So shut the fuck up. P.S. I was joking anyway.. Cant you see the smile? Moron.

Bo$ta Bo$$

• 'G'
  • The Bo$$ would like to see ya
The Game finnaly apeared on dutch tv
« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2005, 05:22:39 AM »
Today I saw How we do for the first time on tv, we had to wait a verrry long time
But he finnaly arrived 8)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Something about GAME's album, and my thoughts on how Snoop Dogg stays #1
« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2005, 05:46:43 AM »
I finally got chance to listen to The Game's "Documentary", he's dropped an - almost - classic album, that will certainly go down in history of westcoast rap music, maybe even Hip Hop history.

But sorry to say it, I dont think GAME will reach 50 Cent / Eminem / Dre / Jay Z / Tupac / BIG / Snoop Doggy Dogg status, for 1) he doesnt have the charisma, and 2) because his album doesnt have a stand out single.

I feel, in todays Music Business, you need a HIT "Single", and one that will STICK in the mind of a 14 year old child. Just as Eminem did with "My Name Is", Dr Dre "Still D.R.E.", 50 Cent "In Da Club", Petey Pablo "Freak A Leak", Truth Hurts "Adictive", Jay Z "03 Bonnie & Clyde" even Snoop's "Drop It Like Its Hot", and Eamon's "Dont Want You Back"(was it called?)...... songs that were all over MTV, 24 hours per day and put a "new artist" or "new album" in the media spotlight..... The Game's album lacks that song. Just my opinion.

This is something I fear from Crooked I's debut album. I keep stressing that an album needs at least 1 song.

Let me use Snoop Dogg as an example:

From 1992-1996 Snoop Dogg put out classic rap records and singles that bless the charts worldwide. He left Death Row and signed to No Limit, released an album in 98, without making huge noise, and again with NL Top Dogg. Both didnt reach the success of his past work. What was he missing? This was when Snoop Dogg really Sold Out, he started jumping on WHATS HOT. He jumped to Master P cause he was "Bout It Bout It" and No Limit were hot in 97. He went to Timbaland to get a hit single for The Last Meal album, he went to Neptunes to get hit singles in 2002 with "Beautiful" etc, he got on 50 Cent's dick to start DPG Unit and do the PIMP REMIX, and he's still using Pharell to stay in the media. Not to mention working with Nelly, Lil Jon, Justin Timberlake etc to score more hits.

Snoop Dogg jumps on whats hot. He leaves his friends behind, like Kurupt said, he had beef with DMX, then the day after Snoop was on a song with the Ruff Ryders because they were "whats hot". But its what keeps him the #1 in the industry.

So respect to Game for keeping it true and not selling out, while having a mix of producers and guests on his album.

Just my thoughts ladies & gentlemen.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: The Game finnaly apeared on dutch tv
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2005, 05:54:42 AM »
yea its been on german tv for a few weeks not too often tho

mauzip

Re: The Game finnaly apeared on dutch tv
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2005, 05:58:10 AM »
hopefully he'll blow up... next month he'll be in europe, so that'll be his chance to shine

5*$TUNNA

• Lil Geezy
Re: The_Game-The_Documentary-2005-RNS
« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2005, 02:14:35 PM »
anyone got any linkz to download the dvd or bonus discs for the documentary?!

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Something about GAME's album, and my thoughts on how Snoop Dogg stays #1
« Reply #262 on: January 21, 2005, 07:19:41 PM »
que somethin else we agree on. i feel snoop does jus onto whats hot at tha time and thats wat i dont respect bout him, to me he jus shits on us all wit this new album its really awful im not gonna say snoop needs to hook up wit dre (cus soon dre Will b in the charts agen and u know snoop will want to be a part of that) but he really needs to do music for his fans not jus tryin to crossover into this nelly justin timblelake neptune shit it makes me sad to think a guy wit talent sellin out cus at the moment girls like those two ass holes.

If snoop never worked wit dre agen i wud b sad yet happy if i knew he woz makin good music but they way things r goin he will continue to sell out.

boutthe game i dont think he has the carisma as well but i do think he has a few tracks on there which could b good singles, i think Higher wud b gud, how we do is ok for a single but its jus 50 and him throwin verses which i like but u need somethin like higher or put u on the game. where im from wud b ace but its the song u know it wud b an ace single but it wont b like Oh by Obie Trice Feat busta rhymes it woz a good song but didnt get chose due to other songs bein pushed instead

this is my longest post eva i think jus wanted to express my thoughts
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2005, 07:33:59 PM »
I feel, in todays Music Business, you need a HIT "Single", and one that will STICK in the mind of a 14 year old child. Just as Eminem did with "My Name Is", Dr Dre "Still D.R.E.", 50 Cent "In Da Club", Petey Pablo "Freak A Leak", Truth Hurts "Adictive", Jay Z "03 Bonnie & Clyde" even Snoop's "Drop It Like Its Hot", and Eamon's "Dont Want You Back"(was it called?)...... songs that were all over MTV, 24 hours per day and put a "new artist" or "new album" in the media spotlight..... The Game's album lacks that song. Just my opinion.
???
what about big pimpin?

King Of L.A.

« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2005, 08:30:25 PM »
I finally got chance to listen to The Game's "Documentary", he's dropped an - almost - classic album, that will certainly go down in history of westcoast rap music, maybe even Hip Hop history.

But sorry to say it, I dont think GAME will reach 50 Cent / Eminem / Dre / Jay Z / Tupac / BIG / Snoop Doggy Dogg status, for 1) he doesnt have the charisma, and 2) because his album doesnt have a stand out single.

This is something I fear from Crooked I's debut album. I keep stressing that an album needs at least 1 song.

Let me use Snoop Dogg as an example:

From 1992-1996 Snoop Dogg put out classic rap records and singles that bless the charts worldwide. He left Death Row and signed to No Limit, released an album in 98, without making huge noise, and again with NL Top Dogg. Both didnt reach the success of his past work. What was he missing? This was when Snoop Dogg really Sold Out, he started jumping on WHATS HOT. He jumped to Master P cause he was "Bout It Bout It" and No Limit were hot in 97. He went to Timbaland to get a hit single for The Last Meal album, he went to Neptunes to get hit singles in 2002 with "Beautiful" etc, he got on 50 Cent's dick to start DPG Unit and do the PIMP REMIX, and he's still using Pharell to stay in the media. Not to mention working with Nelly, Lil Jon, Justin Timberlake etc to score more hits.

Snoop Dogg jumps on whats hot. He leaves his friends behind, like Kurupt said, he had beef with DMX, then the day after Snoop was on a song with the Ruff Ryders because they were "whats hot". But its what keeps him the #1 in the industry.

So respect to Game for keeping it true and not selling out, while having a mix of producers and guests on his album.

Just my thoughts ladies & gentlemen.

"how we do" is the number one song in the country. wtf u talkin about.  they droping dreams and then Higher which is a perfect single.

400,000 in one day. lol @ him not selling. your obviously retarded. 

DrewDogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Veni Vidi Vici / v3 /
Re: The_Game-The_Documentary-2005-RNS
« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2005, 09:54:02 PM »
Okay, I found a song called "Soldier", that game was referring to in "Starting from scratch" it's pretty hot.

Anyone else know of any other songs, that didn't make it to "The Documentary?"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2005, 12:41:41 AM »
about game LOL ..........dude is selling like his name was 50 cent or eminem

about snoop ....you can say what he did/does is selling out but what he does imo is more STREET than you think....in your cozy white suburbs  alot of you might think that everyone in the hood and on the streets listens to LiL rob and crooked I all the live long day but like snoop, 96% of people on the street bump whatever is hot at the time. nobody is pledging allegiance to the west coast hip hop scene,lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Big BpG

« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2005, 01:15:02 AM »

game hasn't sold out, but he wouldn't be where he is if it wasn't for 50 cent and GUnit...

secondly, rap goes into phases. Eminem's music is not has big as it used to be. He still sells and does his music his way. However, there will be a time when his style is too familiar. You need to change your style to stay in the industry.

You may say Snoop Dogg is just selling out, but he's like the west coast LL Cool J.

In fact he just might be Rap's Madonna.

The reason why the westcoast doesn't sell well is because they don't re-invent themsevles. The continue to try to push what was hot over ten years ago. Tell me this, in 1995, when Deathrow and Bad Boy were huge, would you want new artists to bring out what was hot in 1985? I know I wouldn't. Rap is run by youth listeners. For this reason, most 16 year olds won't know that when they were 6 yrs old, Dr Dre was Snoop Dogg's producer. If you stay in the past, you cant enjoy what's good now. It's just like life. It rolls in phases. Snoop may continue to sell, but he also continues to change his style. As far as anyone is concerned, he enjoys doing what he's doing. As individuals, that's what we want from our life.

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2005, 03:50:14 AM »

"how we do" is the number one song in the country. wtf u talkin about.  they droping dreams and then Higher which is a perfect single.

400,000 in one day. lol @ him not selling. your obviously retarded. 

Hey twat... Where did I say Game wasnt selling? If you have a G Unit / Aftermath / Interscope release of course you will sell, idiot.

I don't know about you yanks charts but I havent even heard "How We Do" on the UK's #1 radio station, or on MTV yet. 50 Cent's "N Da Club", Snoops "Drop It Like Its Hot" etc are polyphonic ringtones for mobile phones etc. I bet you "How We Do" won't ever be a commercial ringtone.

None of my friends here have heard How We Do..... yet when In Da Club dropped, they heard it 24/7......

But...
Hey Addicted To Beef if you think Game is at the success level of Eminem, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre then thats your opinion.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2005, 05:26:15 AM »
^^^^^not heard it on radio 1 once (apart from westwood)
   galaxy have played it.they also played love it or hate it.
   seen the vid afew times, but not much.
   its strange because the promo has been shite.when 50 dropped he was every where...