Author Topic: The_Game-The_Documentary-2005-RNS (OFFICIAL GAME THREAD)  (Read 23520 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Re: Something about GAME's album, and my thoughts on how Snoop Dogg stays #1
« Reply #270 on: January 22, 2005, 06:10:07 AM »
^^^^^not heard it on radio 1 once (apart from westwood)
   galaxy have played it.they also played love it or hate it.
   seen the vid afew times, but not much.
   its strange because the promo has been shite.when 50 dropped he was every where...

Thats what im saying Xover. Timbaland singles sell, but even the song Timbo did for Game doesnt have "Media Appeal". The only thing that will push game is his Talent and the machine of Aftermath/G Unit/Interscope. If he reaches the level 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg and Eminem are at then its solely down to the guys talent.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

BigBDrugStores

Re: Something about GAME's album, and my thoughts on how Snoop Dogg stays #1
« Reply #271 on: January 22, 2005, 02:24:41 PM »
hehehe, he called you a twat. i bet you wont swing

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Positives n Negatives about whatever songs Game chooses as singles
« Reply #272 on: January 22, 2005, 04:54:32 PM »
I was gonna put this in a response in another thread but I wanted to keep the discussion of those songs in that thread, and let y'all debate each song as a whole in this one. (Don't merge the two!) I am jus gonna mention the ones that I think could be considered as singles.

Higher:
Positives - Probably the strongest song that is a straight up west coast track. Definitely has a catchy hook, a lotta catchy lyrics that everybody could sing along to. Could be played in clubs.
Negatives - Beat isn't gonna catch everybody's ear, and many people won't really like it until they hear it a few times because the beat is much different from everything else on radio.

Special:
Positives - Nate is on the hook. Radio friendly, girls could sing along, and they love songs catered to em.
Negatives - Just isn't a strong track. Nate sounds kinda lazy on the hook, the beat isn't that strong, and even though it shows the "soft side" it can be considered corny to the people who are all about street cred and want Game to be gangsta 24-7. Also, has too much of a Jay-Z influence and too many outside references.

Dreams:
Positives - Strong lyrics, and would be a overall positive song other than the lines about fuckin Mya and 50 n Vivica. Catchy to sing along to the "dream" sample, and most people love the song overall. People who questioned if Game could make a serious song will be pleased with this.
Negatives - A bit slow, definitely couldn't be played in a club unless they were just playin a grip of Game's songs together. Some people may be a lil tired of Kanye songs or songs with the samples but oh well.

Put you on the Game:
Positives - Strongest club track on the album. Bouncy ass beat, got Timbaland on it, has a grip of catchy lines, coo sing along hook, and so far females LOVE it.
Negatives - Umm.... I guess some people may not like the fact that it's such a commercial track, but I don't see too many negatives to it.

Hate it or love it:
Positives - Strong track overall. Pretty laid back, has some strong lines from Game on it.
Negatives - Another song with 50 on it more than him, and 50 starts out on it and has the hook. 50 already did that on the first major single so that doesn't need to happen again. People could be like "damn is this a Game feat. 50 Cent album? Can he hold his own?"

Don't Worry:
Positives - Nice concept, commercially ready beat, Mary J comes with it most of the time, and the way he spits for 8 bar verses but flows em each in a different way and comes strong on them is a good thing. Lyrics definitely make sense and relate to the entire song, and is one of those songs that females will love because it's Mary J.
Negatives - At times sounds like a Mary J featurin Game track. I "think" I have a good ear musically, and I think Dre does too...so maybe I'm trippin but damn, she sounds hella off key at times, especially near the end of it. I realize the melody changes up but it still sounds like she's off key a lot.

Church for thugs:
Positives - East Coast club track that could get some radio play on the east becasue of the style of track. Some hate it but personally, I can get into tracks like this. Decent hook, and he comes off nice on it.
Negatives - For whatever reason, most people don't like it. Some think the beat is real repetitive and just get annoyed by it. I don't think it has a lot of appeal to it to be a major single, but just somethin I could hear in a east coast club.

We aint:
Positives - Has Eminem on it, which already guarantees heads will listen. Game may get outshined in some people's opinion, but the fact that he says it on the third verse makes it humorous and just makes it a coo track.
Negatives - Well...if you wanna say Em got him on it, then that's automatically a negative. Isn't really a single to me but some people might think it would be a good single because of Em bein on it.

Other than those, I don't think it's anything else I would consider as bein a single. But damn..thats a LOT of songs to be considered a single from one damm album, especially with there already bein two singles from it out.

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Positives n Negatives about whatever songs Game chooses as singles
« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2005, 04:56:14 PM »
you're wrong about one thing...you should have posted this in the baby g thread... ;)

Elevz

« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2005, 05:08:52 PM »
Props, interesting conclusions you're pulling out. You forgot about one thing for the "church for thugs" track tho... Game saying he could drop the volume and then doing so... is the MOST ANNOYING THING production-wise on this album, after that horribly annoying voice eminem used on the production for "we ain't". I absolutely love church for thugs, but the volume dropping just totally spoils the fun for me.

Overall... I'd say Higher should be Game's next single, even though we all have known that track for ages now. It's on some new shit, for real. Some might hate it at first, but half of them will change their minds soon enough, and for the rest... Well, it's simply impossible to please everyone. Higher would be a great pick. It's a waste Game talks so bad about Mya on Dreams, that one would have been a nice single if he hadn't.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2005, 05:11:17 PM »
you're wrong about one thing...you should have posted this in the baby g thread... ;)

exactly, now someone else is gonna make a spin-off of this thread and there will be 3 on the same subject
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2005, 05:16:07 PM »
Higher and Special would be the best options, hands down. I can imagine Higher being a bomb ass track for listening to in the car on the radio, and I can imagine a broad mass liking Special, including the ladies. Dreams is not so good, but Kanye has been the man recently. Those are the only songs I consider possible for the 2nd single. I can imagine We Aint as the 4th single, when the LP is already pretty old to reveal to everybody that Game is down with Em and get all them 12year olds buy The Game's album.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2005, 05:26:02 PM »

exactly, now someone else is gonna make a spin-off of this thread and there will be 3 on the same subject

Could be, oh well. I didn't wanna shift focus from your thread by sayin so much.

mauzip

« Reply #278 on: January 23, 2005, 07:03:52 AM »
where im from should be the single.how come no one mentiones it ???

cause it wouldn't be a good single

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #279 on: January 23, 2005, 11:50:10 AM »
idk..probly jus me but i could see um shooing a sick video fa "like father like son"..plus it 1 of the mo positive tracks on the album..

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #280 on: January 23, 2005, 02:58:43 PM »
start from scratch

positives = could have a dark video to it
                dope hook, plus its a chick on the hook so it'l get bare radio play and cuz its got meanin to
                would show game in a mo serious mode and show mo luv to the westside
                sick beat, would have to get played everywhere, cuz pretty much everyone can relate with a joint like this regardin startin from scratch

negatives = aint gone get played in a club
              = aint up beat

to me its either this or put you on the game as next single, though both are completely different, game spits pretty much as correct at it comes for the type of direction the joint goes in

shifter

• 'G'
« Reply #281 on: January 23, 2005, 04:02:19 PM »
Good analysis.

My favourite track is love it or hate it, but agree with you that having 50 on the hook and first up means that its as much his song as it is Games. Good production on this track- sounds more like Kanye West than cool&dre

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
So anyone know why lloyd banks is not mentioned in gam'e's cd booklet
« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2005, 04:08:26 PM »
If someone gonna interview him, they should ask (hopefully it wont be a lame excuse like "oops i forgot" lol)

GangstaBoogy

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So anyone know why lloyd banks is not mentioned in gam'e's cd booklet
« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2005, 06:24:37 PM »
Well...I'll just say that the entire thing with Game bein G-Unit is business. I'll leave it at that.