Author Topic: Who got systems in their cars?  (Read 246 times)

Suga Foot

Who got systems in their cars?
« on: January 28, 2005, 02:55:55 PM »
I've always had subs in my cars over the years.  I just got a new car a month ago, and I'm a lil strapped for cash, so I just picked up a 12'' Audiobahn.  I'm building a custom box for it.  I'll post up some pics when it's done. 

What y'all workin with?

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who got systems in their cars?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 03:19:27 PM »
2 15's. 2400+ watts. HO alternator. Car audio is my hobby but i havnt upgrade for quite a while since college. I get LOUD and sound pretty good. When i manage to save up a grand (prob wont be for another year and a half or so) im gonna get sum brahmas.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 03:24:02 PM »
Damn you have no trunk  ;D I just have a Pioneer CD player and Sony speakers.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 03:42:46 PM »
Just a regular system + Creative Zen Touch 40GB with 200+ albums hooked up with a MonsterCable FM transmitter.  8)

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 04:00:20 PM »

This is the Deck I wanna get.  It plays mpeg movies, and you can have custom pictures on it.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 04:09:55 PM »
I used to have a system... 2 12" JL W3 subs... with a 1000watt amp... 5 1/4" Infinity components in the back... and 4" Infinity speakers in the front...   The sound was clean as fuck.

JL subs own... especially the W7

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 04:13:14 PM »
yeah JL subs are dope, I just got the Audiobahn cuz it has a lifetime warranty, so if I blow it, I get a new one for free.  My friend has blown 4 lol.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 06:52:10 PM »
My friend has blown 4 lol.

Tell me you weren't one of 'em..

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 06:58:45 PM »
JL are the best subwoofers i think.

But i got two 12" alpines because i got a good deal for them. Putting out 300watts rms each, with a 600w kicker amp. Panasonic deck w/ my ipod hooked up to it.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 07:43:13 PM »
The thing with JLs is that the subs produce clean ass sound... the SQ is amazing... I care more about SQ than SPL, so JL is perfect... it's not all dirty and rattling sounding...

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 07:59:04 PM »
Yeah i used to have 3 10" JL and the sound was perfect.

Im thinking about replace my stock speakers with some JL ones, im just going by brand ive never actually tested them out before.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 09:40:58 PM »
yeh thats why im getting brahmas. they are nearly identicle to the performance of w7's for half the price. the difference between the subs is inaudible. i tuned my subs low as shit for sq and have a pretty linear curve and they sound pretty good. once i get brahmas im going to upgrade to some nice components.

Hittman2001

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 11:24:18 PM »
i have 2 pioneer 10' woofers, an xplod amp, and a sony receiver.  i think that is more than enough for my car(i own a mustang).  once i sound proof my trunk, then i might upgrade.  my trunk rattles sometimes and i dont like it.  i listen at a reasonable level.  as far as settings go, i bring out the higher sounding instruments, i leave the bass alone because rap songs(for the most part) already have the bass at high level.  its a great way to listen to music, especially if you are into producers(Dre, Quik, Scott Storch) who like to have more than just bass, clap, and a synth in their track.  But dont get me wrong, i have a special setting just for Mel Man beats that i listen to once and a while.

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005, 02:28:27 AM »
I got a clarion mp3 head unit.. can fit about 6 albums per cd.. so beats a changer.. plus you get tracknames n shit!

the car came with two dash speakers, two for the doors at the front and two for the rear passengers (its a 3 door..)   plus i've added an Alpine amp and am running 2 8" Rockford Fosgate subs off of that in behind the seats... in a box i custom built to save space... means i still have my boot (americans read : trunk) space for the weekends when i have car full of skaters, boards and bags.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 02:33:30 AM by Overseer »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2005, 06:03:50 AM »
jl is the best sub
i got an alpine headunit.. should play mp3s but stopped after l;ike 6 months.. actuallly works not great in general.. also i got infiniti kappas all around , and an amp for my speakers.. i was gonna get subs, but i dont need em..my speakers bump enough...