1 (1.9%)
Kobe Bryant
27 (50.9%)
Vince Carter
4 (7.5%)
Dwayne Wade
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Out of all players compared to Jordan, which do you think is the closest?  (Read 3390 times)

PLANT

Re: Out of all players compared to Jordan, which do you think is the closest?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2005, 01:10:53 AM »
Vince has been tearng it up since he went to NJ.....Prolly the player of the month....

But hes still a BITCH  :-*

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 10:25:24 AM »
lebron's been out for what a year and a half now, and people are saying he's going to be better than jordan......pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease until he puts together 5 or 6 GREAT years i'll put him on the jordan meter, but as of right now Kobe is the closest we'll ever see to jordan. Lebron is good but i wouldn't be suprised if he peeks now and then levels like Carter and iverson
kobe though...
he's got the deadliest offensive defensive combination in the league, period. no other player in the league is on that level....kobe is quite simply the best player in the league like him or hate him.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 10:27:06 AM by BIGjakeDOGGYdogg »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

lbc213

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 10:35:33 AM »
James

wcsoldier

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 04:59:33 AM »
Kobe no doubt. plus he has nba titles and is a clutch player like jordan

acbaylove

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 05:14:55 AM »
in terms of style, its not even a contest. kobe bryant by far (whether or not you actually think he is the best out of that group).

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 05:49:58 AM »
Will any of these players actually come close? Or will the "next Jordan" question be used for every half decent player? I the way which Jordan can turn a game late on and get the crowd pumped up i'd actually have to say T Mac.

will there ever be a personallity better than SHAQ?

[img]

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2005, 06:50:15 AM »
Jordan is the greatest player ever.

Nobody is even close to Jordan.  Jordan is still underrated.  Let me tell you why, NBA players are too pampered today, when Jordan came up, he had to spend three years in college, and had to fight for his respect in the NBA, those days are gone.  Jordan is one of a kind, he is the greatest athlete ever in history.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 08:10:27 AM »
No way is he the greatest athlete of all time.

Zinedine Zidane is the Jordan of football, won it all at club and international level.
Carl Lewis
Baxter 1st man to rum a mile under a minute and that was awesome for the time.
Socretes a footballer still goin striong at 53 lol
Jordan was a great athlete but not the greatest ever

[img]

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2005, 12:02:28 PM »
Nobody, period!

But if it has to be from that list, Kobe is the closest. He hasnt proven the ability to actually be a great leader as jordan was. But, he does have 3 championship rings, which no one else on that list does. Face it tho, no one is the next Jordan. EVERY single person who gets compared to him...falls. Kobe's feelin it this year a bit, and until they bring in another superstar...is gonna struggle winning. I dont see him winning a championship again without another bonified superstar. It actually hurts some of these guys to compare them to Jordan. You dont realize just HOW big Jordan was to the game..till u compare other players to him. Once youre compared to MJ, you cant even have a bad month...let alone an under par year....or else the comparison will be over. He was one of the few players that manages to come into the league as a pure athlete...then work on his game in the pros, to become a very good shooter...then, as he got older and lost some of his atheltisism, turn into even more of a shooter, and just get smarter. He evolved his game probably better then any pro that any of us have seen.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2005, 12:06:16 PM »
Kobe right now...but in a few years..its King James.

I agree.  Lebron will surpass Kobe and become a much better player.  If Lebron was light years behind Kobe, it would be hard to say, but he's already very close to being better.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2005, 12:27:09 PM »
No way is he the greatest athlete of all time.

Zinedine Zidane is the Jordan of football, won it all at club and international level.
Carl Lewis
Baxter 1st man to rum a mile under a minute and that was awesome for the time.
Socretes a footballer still goin striong at 53 lol
Jordan was a great athlete but not the greatest ever

we are talkin about REAL sports!  ;D

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2005, 11:28:03 PM »
Well if you ask me, the new Jordan 20 commercials made me see things in a diff perspective.

Yeah, we all say "Jordan is the greatest" and "Nobody will ever be greater" but people were definitely sayin that about other players before Jordan, and the lil dude on the commercial said somethin like "well just like there were those before you that they said would never be outdone, somebody is gonna be better than you, and that's gonna be me" and that's real...yeah Jordan is the best we've seen so far, but too many people are stuck on him and thinkin of it as if there will NEVER be another as great. I can't say it'll be Lebron or anybody who's even born yet, but I'm sure there will be a greater player. He will definitely be different, and people will knock them and say "he wasn't as great a shooter/leader/defensive player as Jordan" but he'll have other attributes that will make him better. So we'll see what happens.

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2005, 03:03:46 AM »
kobe is hands down more "like jordan".....lebron is more like a new kind of player and the type of player for the future but not better than kobe.....u cannot compare lebron to anyone that has won a championship because hes not clutch yet...he hasnt been tested...and u cant say a few years from now he will be better than kobe because we dont know how many championships he'll win we dont know if he has the heart or the work eithic...kobe is a better defensive player because he can lock u down...dont get me wrong lebron plays the passing lanes very good better than kobe actually but other than i dont know....kobe can take anyopne one on one and can finish better than lebron...so i think we should wait and see what lebron will do next but we cant speculate because u can see what happened to many players in the league like allen iverson....he has not won any championships!!! t mac being anopther htye all can score like lebron can j kidd can pass like lebron can but no championships

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2005, 03:09:40 AM »
oops sorry about all those misspelled words...lol. but id like to say this...that i think magic johnson was a better player than michael jordan...but jordan was the one that left the legacy but he was marketed more than magic was. jordan came at the time when there was a lot of exposure for the nba...when there was all kinds of commercials, all kinds of shoe deals so of course he was exposed more than the 80's players were.  michael jordan is in the top 3 but magic has to be at the top. he came in his rookie year and took over the team even though the leading scorer in the history of the nba was on the team. he was a better passer than jordan and just as good a scored as jordan was. and was a great leader . thats just my opinion guys

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2005, 05:49:59 AM »
oops sorry about all those misspelled words...lol. but id like to say this...that i think magic johnson was a better player than michael jordan...but jordan was the one that left the legacy but he was marketed more than magic was. jordan came at the time when there was a lot of exposure for the nba...when there was all kinds of commercials, all kinds of shoe deals so of course he was exposed more than the 80's players were.  michael jordan is in the top 3 but magic has to be at the top. he came in his rookie year and took over the team even though the leading scorer in the history of the nba was on the team. he was a better passer than jordan and just as good a scored as jordan was. and was a great leader . thats just my opinion guys

Magic was good, but no way was he better. A better passer, yes (he was a point guard). Just as good of a scorer, not even close. Defensively Jordan was better. As a leader, i think its a push. In the clutch, i dont think anyone in their right mind would go with anyone but Jordan to win a game for u. Im not even a huge Jordan fan, but he was as close to a perfect player as there's ever been.