1 (1.9%)
Kobe Bryant
27 (50.9%)
Vince Carter
4 (7.5%)
Dwayne Wade
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Out of all players compared to Jordan, which do you think is the closest?  (Read 3392 times)

Controver$y King

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Out of all players compared to Jordan, which do you think is the closest?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2005, 06:03:41 AM »
I'd have to say Kobe...

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2005, 09:45:13 AM »
Real Sports. lol. u call a real sport a game were they actually stop the game to go to commercials.

[img]

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2005, 03:36:00 AM »
Real Sports. lol. u call a real sport a game were they actually stop the game to go to commercials.

or maybe a game where 3 scores by both teams combined, is an offensive explosion? lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2005, 02:09:28 PM »
kobe is hands down more "like jordan".....lebron is more like a new kind of player and the type of player for the future but not better than kobe.....u cannot compare lebron to anyone that has won a championship because hes not clutch yet...he hasnt been tested...and u cant say a few years from now he will be better than kobe because we dont know how many championships he'll win we dont know if he has the heart or the work eithic...kobe is a better defensive player because he can lock u down...dont get me wrong lebron plays the passing lanes very good better than kobe actually but other than i dont know....kobe can take anyopne one on one and can finish better than lebron...so i think we should wait and see what lebron will do next but we cant speculate because u can see what happened to many players in the league like allen iverson....he has not won any championships!!! t mac being anopther htye all can score like lebron can j kidd can pass like lebron can but no championships

^^This dude knows what he's talking about...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2005, 02:13:25 PM »
oops sorry about all those misspelled words...lol. but id like to say this...that i think magic johnson was a better player than michael jordan...but jordan was the one that left the legacy but he was marketed more than magic was. jordan came at the time when there was a lot of exposure for the nba...when there was all kinds of commercials, all kinds of shoe deals so of course he was exposed more than the 80's players were.  michael jordan is in the top 3 but magic has to be at the top. he came in his rookie year and took over the team even though the leading scorer in the history of the nba was on the team. he was a better passer than jordan and just as good a scored as jordan was. and was a great leader . thats just my opinion guys

^^That's some interesting input...

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2005, 02:29:54 PM »
this here proves jorden was the greatest:

# Five-time NBA Most Valuable Player (1987-88, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1995-96, 1997-98)
# Ten-time All-NBA First Team selection (1986-87 to 1992-93, 1995-96 to 1997-98)
# Selected in 1996 as one of the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History"
# A member of six Chicago Bulls NBA championship teams (1990-91, 1991-92, 1992-93, 1995-96, 1996-97 and 1997-98)
# Six-time NBA Finals Most Valuable Player
# The 1987-88 NBA Defensive Player of the Year and record nine-time NBA All-Defensive First Team selection (1987-88 to 1992-93, 1995-96 to 1997-98)
# Entering 2002-03, ranked first in NBA history in scoring average (31.0 ppg), second in steals (2,391), fourth in points (30,652) and in field-goals made (11,513), fifth in free-throws made (7,061), sixth in field-goals attempted (23,010) and eighth in free-throws attempted (8,448)
# Closed the 1997-98 season as the Bulls' all-time franchise leader in points, rebounds (5,836), assists (5,012), steals, games (930), field-goals made and attempted and free-throws made and attempted (8,115) Holds the NBA record for most seasons leading the league in scoring (10)
# Shares the NBA record with Wilt Chamberlain for most consecutive seasons leading the league in scoring (seven, 1986-87 to 1992-93)
# Holds the NBA record for most consecutive games scoring in double-digits (842)
# Holds the NBA record for most seasons leading the league in field-goals made (10) and attempted (10)
# Led the NBA in steals in 1987-88 (3.16 spg), 1989-90 (2.77 spg) and 1992-93 (2.83 spg)
# Holds the NBA single-game records for most free-throws made in one half (20 against the Miami Heat on 12/30/92) and most most free-throws attempted in one half (23 in the same game)
# Shares the NBA single-game records for most free-throws made in one quarter (14 against the Utah Jazz on 11/15/89 and against the Miami Heat on 12/30/92) and most free-throws attempted in one quarter (23 against the Miami Heat on 12/30/92)
# Holds the NBA Finals record for highest single-series scoring average (41.0 ppg in 1993)
# Entering the 2002-03 season, ranks as the all-time NBA Finals leader in three-pointers made (42), second in three-point attempts (114), third in points (1,176), fourth in steals (62), fifth in field-goals made (438), sixth in assists (209) and free-throws made (258), seventh in field-goals attempted (911) and eighth in free-throws attempted (320)
# Holds the NBA Playoffs record for highest career scoring average (33.4 ppg)
# Established an NBA Playoffs record with 63 points against the Boston Celtics on 5/20/86
# Entering the 2002-03 season ranks as the all-time NBA Playoffs leader in field-goals attempted (4,497), free-throws made (1,463) and attempted (1,766), second in steals (376) and field-goals made (2,188), fifth in assists (1,022), seventh in three-point attempts (446) and ninth in three-pointers made (148)
# Recorded two playoff career triple-doubles, both against the New York Knicks (5/9/89 and 6/2/93)
# Participated in 13 NBA All-Star Games (1985, 1987-1993, 1996-98, 2002-03), starting 13 times, and missed another due to injury
# Named the MVP of the 1988, 1996 and 1998 NBA All-Star Games
# All-time NBA All-Star Game leader in steals (35) and ranks second in field-goal attempts (206), third in points (242), fourth in scoring average (20.2 ppg), and eighth in assists (52)
# Notched the first triple-double in All-Star Game history, with 14 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists, in the 1997 NBA All-Star Game in Cleveland
# Won the Slam Dunk Contest in 1987 and 1988, also participating in 1985
# Notched his 28th career triple-double, with 30 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists, against the Toronto Raptors on 4/14/97
# Returned from retirement against the Indiana Pacers on 3/19/95 and posted 19 points, six rebounds, six assists and three steals in 43 minutes

Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2005, 04:56:06 PM »
kobe is hands down more "like jordan".....lebron is more like a new kind of player and the type of player for the future but not better than kobe.....u cannot compare lebron to anyone that has won a championship because hes not clutch yet...he hasnt been tested...and u cant say a few years from now he will be better than kobe because we dont know how many championships he'll win we dont know if he has the heart or the work eithic...kobe is a better defensive player because he can lock u down...dont get me wrong lebron plays the passing lanes very good better than kobe actually but other than i dont know....kobe can take anyopne one on one and can finish better than lebron...so i think we should wait and see what lebron will do next but we cant speculate because u can see what happened to many players in the league like allen iverson....he has not won any championships!!! t mac being anopther htye all can score like lebron can j kidd can pass like lebron can but no championships

^^This dude knows what he's talking about...

yeah, but now that Shaq is gone...Kobe wont be winning any championships either. Who has Lebron, Iverson, Tmac....any of those guys had? No one. Im not sayin any of them are like Jordan, but neither is Kobe. His game resembles Jordans the most. But thats only in form. Kendell Gill's game was paterned after Jordan more then anyone, he even said that he tried to copy Jordan....that doesnt make him MJ. Kobe is good, but like ive said a million times....as a leader, he's shit. He might get better at it, who knows. But as of now, he's not one. One thing in his defense, he hasnt really HAD to be a leader yet in his career with Shaq being there n all. So we'll see if he can manage to gain that aspect of the game. His attitude might hold him back tho.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2005, 07:34:15 PM »
You must be trippin man...Kobe is a great leader, if you ever watch Laker games you can see him mentoring players during timeouts and helping out the younger guys...He's like an assistant to Hamblem...It's ridiculous to say Kobe isn't a leader when all the players who came from different teams to play with Kobe are playing better this season...Chris Mihm, Chucky Atkins, Caron Butler, Tierre Brown, and a steadily improving Lamar Odom are all playing some of their best basketball with Kobe as the team leader...Remember, Cleveland has two All-Stars, so that means LeBron has another impact player on his side, while Kobe only has a potential impact player in Lamar Odom...Jordan had an All-Star in Pippen, T-Mac has an All-Star in Yao, while Kobe, though sorrounded by talent, remains the only All-Star on the Lakers...So keep that in mind, and when Lamar improves to full potential, you'll realize how dumb you sounded when you claimed Kobe wasn't a leader...And I'm faded as fuck...PeACe

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2005, 07:41:29 PM »
You must be trippin man...Kobe is a great leader, if you ever watch Laker games you can see him mentoring players during timeouts and helping out the younger guys...He's like an assistant to Hamblem...It's ridiculous to say Kobe isn't a leader when all the players who came from different teams to play with Kobe are playing better this season...Chris Mihm, Chucky Atkins, Caron Butler, Tierre Brown, and a steadily improving Lamar Odom are all playing some of their best basketball with Kobe as the team leader...Remember, Cleveland has two All-Stars, so that means LeBron has another impact player on his side, while Kobe only has a potential impact player in Lamar Odom...Jordan had an All-Star in Pippen, T-Mac has an All-Star in Yao, while Kobe, though sorrounded by talent, remains the only All-Star on the Lakers...So keep that in mind, and when Lamar improves to full potential, you'll realize how dumb you sounded when you claimed Kobe wasn't a leader...And I'm faded as fuck...PeACe

Kobe is a leader when the camera's are on.  In the lockerroom, on planes, during pre-game, or anywhere that doesn't include reporters and cameras, Kobe is a bitch.  Players have always said that he keeps to himself, does his own thing, doesn't include anybody, how is that a leader?  Yeah, when you see a game on TV, of course he's going to give the whole "I'm a leader, I care for this team, this is my team" deal because everybody can watch him.  Kobe is a somewhat intelligent individual.  He watches SportsCenter, he reads newspapers, he hears what people think about him...IMO, it's all an act. 
NIK - World's worst moderator.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2005, 08:36:24 AM »

Kobe is a leader when the camera's are on.  In the lockerroom, on planes, during pre-game, or anywhere that doesn't include reporters and cameras, Kobe is a bitch.  Players have always said that he keeps to himself, does his own thing, doesn't include anybody, how is that a leader?  Yeah, when you see a game on TV, of course he's going to give the whole "I'm a leader, I care for this team, this is my team" deal because everybody can watch him.  Kobe is a somewhat intelligent individual.  He watches SportsCenter, he reads newspapers, he hears what people think about him...IMO, it's all an act. 

thank you.

As for Jordan having Pippen, Pippens game was elevated because of Jordan. His game developed while playing with Jordan. Once Jordan left, Pippen wasnt shit. U can argue that Kobe doesnt have anyone with him right now, which is kinda true. Which is also why i said he wont be winning any championships unless he gets another superstar. He's selfish, face it. Anyone who pays attention can see it. Im not knocking his game, he is good. But his attitude will keep him from being anything more then he is now. And he will NEVER reach Jordans level. You saw how Jordan was able to evolve his game through the loss of some of his athletisism. You have to humble yourself in order to do that. Understand that you arent what you once were, and change. You think Kobe will humble himself when he loses his athletisism? LOL yeah right, he'll just complain and make excuses about why he's not doing well. He's a spoiled little rich kid baby, that cries when he doesnt get his way. Period.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2005, 11:47:21 AM »

thank you.

As for Jordan having Pippen, Pippens game was elevated because of Jordan. His game developed while playing with Jordan. Once Jordan left, Pippen wasnt shit. U can argue that Kobe doesnt have anyone with him right now, which is kinda true. Which is also why i said he wont be winning any championships unless he gets another superstar. He's selfish, face it. Anyone who pays attention can see it. Im not knocking his game, he is good. But his attitude will keep him from being anything more then he is now. And he will NEVER reach Jordans level. You saw how Jordan was able to evolve his game through the loss of some of his athletisism. You have to humble yourself in order to do that. Understand that you arent what you once were, and change. You think Kobe will humble himself when he loses his athletisism? LOL yeah right, he'll just complain and make excuses about why he's not doing well. He's a spoiled little rich kid baby, that cries when he doesnt get his way. Period.

Good point.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2005, 10:35:39 PM »

thank you.

You guys are made haters...Ask Lamar Odom, Rudy T, Frank Hamblen, Chris Mihm, Caron Butler, Luke Walton, etc...They all praise Kobe for his help and mentoring...I don't understand how you guys can judge this guy so fucking hard when you don't even know him...You guys are the ones who watch too much SportsCenter...PeACe

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG

thank you.

You guys are made haters...Ask Lamar Odom, Rudy T, Frank Hamblen, Chris Mihm, Caron Butler, Luke Walton, etc...They all praise Kobe for his help and mentoring...I don't understand how you guys can judge this guy so fucking hard when you don't even know him...You guys are the ones who watch too much SportsCenter...PeACe

whats funny, is when the media is talking good about Kobe....you try to use them as your backbone for your argument. When he falls off in the media, and they question him....u say "you guys watch too much sportscenter" lol. Its all about opening your eyes and not being sucha "fan" that you cant see the truth. U named a buncha Lakers and Lakers front office people as ones who think Koba is sucha great help lol. As if any of them are gonna dog him out to the media! Ha....how stupid would that make their front office look.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
one more thing, like i said....i dont question his ability, its his attitude. He's got skills, but his attitude sucks and everyone knows that. If he got his attitude together he could maybe be the best player in the game, but right now i wouldnt even put him in the top 3 or 4.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
The only reason Lamar Odom praises Kobe is so that he can get the ball on occassion.  He knows that if he bad mouths Kobe that he will go from shooting 7 times a game to 2.