1 (1.9%)
Kobe Bryant
27 (50.9%)
Vince Carter
4 (7.5%)
Dwayne Wade
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Out of all players compared to Jordan, which do you think is the closest?  (Read 3387 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

You must be trippin man...Kobe is a great leader, if you ever watch Laker games you can see him mentoring players during timeouts and helping out the younger guys...He's like an assistant to Hamblem...It's ridiculous to say Kobe isn't a leader when all the players who came from different teams to play with Kobe are playing better this season...Chris Mihm, Chucky Atkins, Caron Butler, Tierre Brown, and a steadily improving Lamar Odom are all playing some of their best basketball with Kobe as the team leader...Remember, Cleveland has two All-Stars, so that means LeBron has another impact player on his side, while Kobe only has a potential impact player in Lamar Odom...Jordan had an All-Star in Pippen, T-Mac has an All-Star in Yao, while Kobe, though sorrounded by talent, remains the only All-Star on the Lakers...So keep that in mind, and when Lamar improves to full potential, you'll realize how dumb you sounded when you claimed Kobe wasn't a leader...And I'm faded as fuck...PeACe

Kobe is a leader when the camera's are on.  In the lockerroom, on planes, during pre-game, or anywhere that doesn't include reporters and cameras, Kobe is a bitch.  Players have always said that he keeps to himself, does his own thing, doesn't include anybody, how is that a leader?  Yeah, when you see a game on TV, of course he's going to give the whole "I'm a leader, I care for this team, this is my team" deal because everybody can watch him.  Kobe is a somewhat intelligent individual.  He watches SportsCenter, he reads newspapers, he hears what people think about him...IMO, it's all an act. 

thank you.

As for Jordan having Pippen, Pippens game was elevated because of Jordan. His game developed while playing with Jordan. Once Jordan left, Pippen wasnt shit. U can argue that Kobe doesnt have anyone with him right now, which is kinda true. Which is also why i said he wont be winning any championships unless he gets another superstar. He's selfish, face it. Anyone who pays attention can see it. Im not knocking his game, he is good. But his attitude will keep him from being anything more then he is now. And he will NEVER reach Jordans level. You saw how Jordan was able to evolve his game through the loss of some of his athletisism. You have to humble yourself in order to do that. Understand that you arent what you once were, and change. You think Kobe will humble himself when he loses his athletisism? LOL yeah right, he'll just complain and make excuses about why he's not doing well. He's a spoiled little rich kid baby, that cries when he doesnt get his way. Period.

You guys are made haters...Ask Lamar Odom, Rudy T, Frank Hamblen, Chris Mihm, Caron Butler, Luke Walton, etc...They all praise Kobe for his help and mentoring...I don't understand how you guys can judge this guy so fucking hard when you don't even know him...You guys are the ones who watch too much SportsCenter...PeACe

whats funny, is when the media is talking good about Kobe....you try to use them as your backbone for your argument. When he falls off in the media, and they question him....u say "you guys watch too much sportscenter" lol. Its all about opening your eyes and not being sucha "fan" that you cant see the truth. U named a buncha Lakers and Lakers front office people as ones who think Koba is sucha great help lol. As if any of them are gonna dog him out to the media! Ha....how stupid would that make their front office look.

Front Office? I named a bunch of players and 2 coaches....Players criticize teammates all the time, but Kobe's teammates seem to do nothing but praise him...Hell, how often do you hear a coach call out a player through the media?...Rudy-T's done it, shit, so has Frank Hamblen...But they've done nothing but praise Kobe all season long...I think he's doing a great job carrying this team, being the only leader...Shit, they're still in the playoffs...Compare that to Tracy McGrady's solo attempt with the Magic last year...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

The only reason Lamar Odom praises Kobe is so that he can get the ball on occassion.  He knows that if he bad mouths Kobe that he will go from shooting 7 times a game to 2. 

Lamar Odom averages about 15 field goals a game...Kobe Bryant is only 12th in the league in field goals attempted per game...Kobe Bryant averages 7 assists a game...If you're going with the old "Kobe is a ballhog" haterism, try something new, cuz there's proof against that one...PeACe

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
The only reason Lamar Odom praises Kobe is so that he can get the ball on occassion.  He knows that if he bad mouths Kobe that he will go from shooting 7 times a game to 2. 

Lamar Odom averages about 15 field goals a game...Kobe Bryant is only 12th in the league in field goals attempted per game...Kobe Bryant averages 7 assists a game...If you're going with the old "Kobe is a ballhog" haterism, try something new, cuz there's proof against that one...PeACe

The numbers in my post are called sarcasm.  And, if you want to get technical, Kobe's only average 6.7 apg. 

Seriously now...

As myself and many other people have stated, Kobe knows that the media is on him, he's not stupid, he's going to make himself look like a team player now because all the heat is on him.  Even though, and everybody knows this, he's never been a team player. 

The fact is, Kobe is and will always be remembered as being a selfish player that broke up a great team because of me, myself, and I.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
You must be trippin man...Kobe is a great leader, if you ever watch Laker games you can see him mentoring players during timeouts and helping out the younger guys...He's like an assistant to Hamblem...It's ridiculous to say Kobe isn't a leader when all the players who came from different teams to play with Kobe are playing better this season...Chris Mihm, Chucky Atkins, Caron Butler, Tierre Brown, and a steadily improving Lamar Odom are all playing some of their best basketball with Kobe as the team leader...Remember, Cleveland has two All-Stars, so that means LeBron has another impact player on his side, while Kobe only has a potential impact player in Lamar Odom...Jordan had an All-Star in Pippen, T-Mac has an All-Star in Yao, while Kobe, though sorrounded by talent, remains the only All-Star on the Lakers...So keep that in mind, and when Lamar improves to full potential, you'll realize how dumb you sounded when you claimed Kobe wasn't a leader...And I'm faded as fuck...PeACe

Kobe is a leader when the camera's are on.  In the lockerroom, on planes, during pre-game, or anywhere that doesn't include reporters and cameras, Kobe is a bitch.  Players have always said that he keeps to himself, does his own thing, doesn't include anybody, how is that a leader?  Yeah, when you see a game on TV, of course he's going to give the whole "I'm a leader, I care for this team, this is my team" deal because everybody can watch him.  Kobe is a somewhat intelligent individual.  He watches SportsCenter, he reads newspapers, he hears what people think about him...IMO, it's all an act. 

thank you.

As for Jordan having Pippen, Pippens game was elevated because of Jordan. His game developed while playing with Jordan. Once Jordan left, Pippen wasnt shit. U can argue that Kobe doesnt have anyone with him right now, which is kinda true. Which is also why i said he wont be winning any championships unless he gets another superstar. He's selfish, face it. Anyone who pays attention can see it. Im not knocking his game, he is good. But his attitude will keep him from being anything more then he is now. And he will NEVER reach Jordans level. You saw how Jordan was able to evolve his game through the loss of some of his athletisism. You have to humble yourself in order to do that. Understand that you arent what you once were, and change. You think Kobe will humble himself when he loses his athletisism? LOL yeah right, he'll just complain and make excuses about why he's not doing well. He's a spoiled little rich kid baby, that cries when he doesnt get his way. Period.

You guys are made haters...Ask Lamar Odom, Rudy T, Frank Hamblen, Chris Mihm, Caron Butler, Luke Walton, etc...They all praise Kobe for his help and mentoring...I don't understand how you guys can judge this guy so fucking hard when you don't even know him...You guys are the ones who watch too much SportsCenter...PeACe

whats funny, is when the media is talking good about Kobe....you try to use them as your backbone for your argument. When he falls off in the media, and they question him....u say "you guys watch too much sportscenter" lol. Its all about opening your eyes and not being sucha "fan" that you cant see the truth. U named a buncha Lakers and Lakers front office people as ones who think Koba is sucha great help lol. As if any of them are gonna dog him out to the media! Ha....how stupid would that make their front office look.

Front Office? I named a bunch of players and 2 coaches....Players criticize teammates all the time, but Kobe's teammates seem to do nothing but praise him...Hell, how often do you hear a coach call out a player through the media?...Rudy-T's done it, shit, so has Frank Hamblen...But they've done nothing but praise Kobe all season long...I think he's doing a great job carrying this team, being the only leader...Shit, they're still in the playoffs...Compare that to Tracy McGrady's solo attempt with the Magic last year...PeACe

more then likely they wont be in the playoffs this year. if you played for an organization that let Shaq go in order to keep Kobe, you wouldnt criticize him either...no matter how much of an ass he is. I do like the fact that the Heat are doing good this year and the Lakers suck lol

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
hey but maybe if u guys didnt pay so much attention to sportcenter u would realize that shaq asked to be traded because phil jackson was fire, so what if he was fired that doesnt mean that they cant win. if u ask me shaq is the one with the attitude problem because hes the one throwin shots at kobe. kobe has taken the higher road. shaq is still talkin to this very day whichi i think is very immature. and i dont believe that crap where he said that he didnt know phil got fired. he realized that his time had passed and the team was going to be given to kobe bryant and shaq was going to be the second option and thats why he asked for the trade. and for the guys that said kobe wont win more championshiops regardless of what u say he won three which is more than half the league will ever win in their careers. u guys forget that he only 26 years old.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
hey but maybe if u guys didnt pay so much attention to sportcenter u would realize that shaq asked to be traded because phil jackson was fire, so what if he was fired that doesnt mean that they cant win. if u ask me shaq is the one with the attitude problem because hes the one throwin shots at kobe. kobe has taken the higher road. shaq is still talkin to this very day whichi i think is very immature. and i dont believe that crap where he said that he didnt know phil got fired. he realized that his time had passed and the team was going to be given to kobe bryant and shaq was going to be the second option and thats why he asked for the trade. and for the guys that said kobe wont win more championshiops regardless of what u say he won three which is more than half the league will ever win in their careers. u guys forget that he only 26 years old.

Wow, I like that.  Especially those little comments that I put in bold.  What I don't understand is that Shaq (who, as you claim,time has passed) went to another team and they are in first place...the team that Shaq left is going to struggle to make the playoffs and, even if they do, get bounced by the Spurs in the first round round.  While, simultaneously, in the East, Shaq's new team is probably going to make a run at the Eastern Conference Championship and a trip to the Finals.  Hmmm...maybe you should quit going to koobeistehawesemoestbasketabllpalayerinthewrlod.com and open your eyes. 
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

thank you.

more then likely they wont be in the playoffs this year. if you played for an organization that let Shaq go in order to keep Kobe, you wouldnt criticize him either...no matter how much of an ass he is. I do like the fact that the Heat are doing good this year and the Lakers suck lol

It's not THAT funny when Shaq isn't even the best player on the Heat... 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Wow, I like that.  Especially those little comments that I put in bold.  What I don't understand is that Shaq (who, as you claim,time has passed) went to another team and they are in first place...the team that Shaq left is going to struggle to make the playoffs and, even if they do, get bounced by the Spurs in the first round round.  While, simultaneously, in the East, Shaq's new team is probably going to make a run at the Eastern Conference Championship and a trip to the Finals.  Hmmm...maybe you should quit going to koobeistehawesemoestbasketabllpalayerinthewrlod.com and open your eyes. 

You're a retard...The difference between the Lakers and the Heat is Dwayne Wade...Kobe doesn't have a franchise player like Wade on his side, you moron.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG

You're a retard...The difference between the Lakers and the Heat is Dwayne Wade...Kobe doesn't have a franchise player like Wade on his side, you moron.

how come when someone criticizes the Lakers "supporting cast", oir when you wanna make the Lakers look better then they are....u say how great Odom is, and Butler, and every other mediocre player on the team is. But when some criticizes Kobe...u say that he's doing it all alone without any other good players lol. Duncan didnt have any other superstar last year. They didnt struggle to make the playoffs. Guess there goes that whole "kobe is a better leader then Duncan" argument lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

how come when someone criticizes the Lakers "supporting cast", oir when you wanna make the Lakers look better then they are....u say how great Odom is, and Butler, and every other mediocre player on the team is. But when some criticizes Kobe...u say that he's doing it all alone without any other good players lol. Duncan didnt have any other superstar last year. They didnt struggle to make the playoffs. Guess there goes that whole "kobe is a better leader then Duncan" argument lol

LMAO...I never claimed Lamar Odom and Caron Butler were franchise players...Lamar has the potential to be, but he's no where near a franchise player right now...But yes, he does have a lot of talent and potential...Now you're saying Duncan didn't have anyone? Duncan has two stars in Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli, and every player on San Antonio is practically a defensive specialist...LMAO, compare the Lakers without Kobe to the Spurs without Duncan...Stop proving your idiocy.

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
thanks blowed....as for the other guy.... lets say u were an nba owner and u have an aging center....a good center but on the decline....and he was askin u for 30 million dollars a year for 7 years...and u cant sign any other players because hes taking up all the money...would u do it? how r u going to win? u cant sign any players. plus he comes into the season overweight because he knows hes being paid 30 a year regardless......or do u want a player who will be gettin 15 mil a year and young with the chance to sign anyother players....and not to mention his work ethic... that u cant deny. everyone in the league knows he plays through pain and shaq? a little calf injury missiing 15 games per year? saying that he should get surgery on company time and not on his time? sure shaqs teams is in first place in the EASTERN conference. i never said that the lakers didnt need shaq's presence. of course they do! anyone would, but his attitude and his work ethic had to go and he didnt want to fix it. the only reason hes in shape right now is because helllooooo this is contract year!! he wants his contract hes not even the best player on his team but he doesnt want to say anything.... why you guys?????
CAUSE ITS CONTRACT YEAR. HE WANTS HIS CONTRACT EXTENDED. THAT IS WHY0

bui21

• 'G'
everybody says kobe...but he had a monster to help him win those 3 titles....no one is close to jordan

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight

Kobe is the Franchise player lol

anywayz. People are saying James is somewhere between a Jordan and Magic. He might end up with 25, 7, and 7 (points, assists and rebounds)...Jordan only did that once! Not bad for a second year player.

I also think my wolves wont make the playoffs (jesus christ GARNETT! do somthin!)..lakers will make the playoffs
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG

LMAO...I never claimed Lamar Odom and Caron Butler were franchise players...Lamar has the potential to be, but he's no where near a franchise player right now...But yes, he does have a lot of talent and potential...Now you're saying Duncan didn't have anyone? Duncan has two stars in Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli, and every player on San Antonio is practically a defensive specialist...LMAO, compare the Lakers without Kobe to the Spurs without Duncan...Stop proving your idiocy.

LOL! Dummy. Nobody said you claimed Odom a franchise player. But u consistently build him up like he's great in order to make your team seem good. Then turn around and say Kobe has nobody in order to make HIM look good lol. Face it, like i said before....Kobe cant win SHIT without Shaq. And he wont win SHIT until another superstar is there to carry his ass. He's that little retarded kid that always want to play when your tryna have a game. Everytime they get the ball they just throw it at the rim, even if theyre at half court. Somebody else needs to be there to keep this retard under control, and lead the team lol

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
thanks blowed....as for the other guy.... lets say u were an nba owner and u have an aging center....a good center but on the decline....and he was askin u for 30 million dollars a year for 7 years...and u cant sign any other players because hes taking up all the money...would u do it? how r u going to win? u cant sign any players. plus he comes into the season overweight because he knows hes being paid 30 a year regardless......or do u want a player who will be gettin 15 mil a year and young with the chance to sign anyother players....and not to mention his work ethic... that u cant deny. everyone in the league knows he plays through pain and shaq? a little calf injury missiing 15 games per year? saying that he should get surgery on company time and not on his time? sure shaqs teams is in first place in the EASTERN conference. i never said that the lakers didnt need shaq's presence. of course they do! anyone would, but his attitude and his work ethic had to go and he didnt want to fix it. the only reason hes in shape right now is because helllooooo this is contract year!! he wants his contract hes not even the best player on his team but he doesnt want to say anything.... why you guys?????
CAUSE ITS CONTRACT YEAR. HE WANTS HIS CONTRACT EXTENDED. THAT IS WHY0

i didnt say that the Lakers should have kept Shaq instead of Kobe anyways, ONLY based on his age and how many years he might have left. Of course Shaq was the more valuable player during their little title runs. But it is obvious that Kobe cant win when he's the only star. He cant handle it. And what are u talkin about playing through pain? lol When has Kobe had real pain? He turns little injuries into big fuckin deals. Limpin around the court to draw attention to himself. Then the next shot walking with no limp at all, as if he forgot that the camera was on him lol. He's the biggest fake in the league...maybe ever. Shaq at least doesnt draw attention to his OWN injuries, the media talks about it more then he does. Bottom line, kobe's the leader now. And wow....the Lakers are really tearing it up lol. They remind me of the Bulls when Jordan retired and Pippen was the lone star. The Bulls made the playoffs. The Lakers MIGHT, MIGHT not. Remember that old thread comparing Kobe to Jordan? lol Maybe Kobe to Pippen....if they make the playoffs that is  ;D