Author Topic: rakim and dre's "After U Die"  (Read 602 times)

Elevz

Re: rakim and dre's "After U Die"
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 10:02:30 AM »
It was pretty obvious this is a track from the Oh My God recording sessions. Let's just hope Mellowman inspired Rakim to actually get back to business - maybe he'll one day surprise us with a release date on a short term for the new Oh My God  ;D

Oh damn, keep dreaming  ::) Maybe one day it'll come true though.

Props to Mellowman & DannyG213

To Christoffer_... Mellowman discussed Dre's relationship with Iovine and Interscope before. Dre doens't want the full responsibility over an entire label like Iovine has over Interscope, he's already glad to have more freedom than back with Death Row. Look up for Mellowmanisback's older posts for more info on it, but it seems like Dre has good reason to stay oppressed by Iovine.

Elevz

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 10:24:38 AM »
Unfortunately, Interscope didn't see big sales in deep lyrics about death and the afterlife and other intellectual and philosophical topics like that.

Hold on a minute, let me get this clear.

Does this mean Interscope will never release anything deep like this, I know we all love so much? Does it mean they think releasing an album like Young Buck's (which is kinda concidered a raw street album) would be a better way to make money than by releasing a classic with deep songs like this Rakim joint? Damn, I think I just lost faith in Interscope. The entire hiphop community would LOVE the Rakim album if it went this direction. It would sell most likely sell more than Young Buck's, and Interscope DID back that one up. It's just a slightly different audience. Don't get me wrong, I liked Young Buck's album (in fact, after Game's it's G-Unit's best release so far imo) but it's not a best seller. Why wouldn't Interscope just have the balls to put a legend back on the map with a classic album. It really is a bad thing if all we can expect from Interscope for the future, is albums like Encore or the average G-Unit cars-and-jewels talk, or some Jadakiss R&B tracks...

Bah.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2005, 03:25:50 PM »
after u die is sick

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2005, 04:16:58 PM »
I would think it'd be a great album however, whether or not people outside the old school like, hardcore rap listening community would pick this album up is another question.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 09:18:01 PM »
I would think it'd be a great album however, whether or not people outside the old school like, hardcore rap listening community would pick this album up is another question.
i woulda sold my left nut if that cd came out

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 11:27:54 PM »
This track is sick. Rakim still got it.

Doggystylin

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 02:03:41 AM »
I want "after u die"..........NOW

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 04:08:46 AM »
ask nicely....  ;)
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2005, 04:43:01 AM »
lol ;D

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 06:24:34 AM »
This track is sick. Rakim still got it.