Author Topic: dpg recordz update  (Read 201 times)

budsmokeronly

dpg recordz update
« on: August 22, 2002, 05:44:10 AM »
August 21, 2002

Tha kron is back with some updates...

WHO RIDE WIT US VOLUME 2...THA COMPALATION
This will be dropping OFFICIALLY in OCTOBER of this year. It will be available before but not in all locations. We know COMPILATION is spelt the wrong way...Daz wanted it spelt 'the gangsta way'. To see the cover for this look at the bottom-left-corner of the screen. You'll see it! Here goes the track list:
01. Intro - Party Started Feat. jro
02. Get yo Money Feat. JT Tha Bigga Figga and Albeezy
03. Huh What Feat. South Central Cartel
04. We Do This Passion [Remix]
05. Do You Wanna Roll Wit Me Feat Do'Boy and D.N.A.
06. Addicted Feat. Skee 64
07. Put In Work Feat. Frost and Don Cisco
08. Ride Wit Me Feat. Slim Thug and E.S.G.
09. You Know What We Came Here For Feat. uncle Luke and Sciryl
10. This Is What Happens In Tha Club
11. Becuz Of You Girl [OG Mix] Feat. Edi and Storm of Tha Outlawz
12. I Gotta Git This Money Feat Do'Boy and D.N.A.
13. It's That Westcoast Way We Livin
14. Fucc Wit Us We Gone Hurt Somebody
15. Tha Rep and Tha Name

There's one slated release to look forward to.

GANGSTA SHIT DVD
This DVD will be dropping next month. It will feature videos like RAW, I'd Rather Lie To Ya, Gangsta Life, Dipp Wit Me, as well as the older DPG videos along with the INTERVIEW WITH KURUPT before he went to Tha Row. In Stores September 2002.

THIS IS THE LIFE I LEAD DVD
This is also to be released in September or October. Daz is putting his finishing touches on this DVD. Below is the cover of the DVD.

ROW KILLA AUDIO
We will be posting the first TEASER AUDIO from THA ROW KILLA very very soon. Keep peeping out tha site so you don't miss it!

DAZ's NEXT FULL SOLO ALBUM
Daz has decided a title for his next full solo album. He will call it THE BLACK PHANTOM. Soopafly is handling majority of the production on this album. Daz wants to release this album through a major label and do it BIG! He's willing to drop it with UNIVERSAL, INTERSCOPE, whoever it takes to MAKE SURE HIS PRODUCT is HEARD. If you're a rep from any of these labels and might be able to help Daz go MAJOR e-mail me at ksp@kspdesigns.com. I'll relay the message to him and we'll get this shit moving.

LOAD UP
Load Up will be the next single from THIS IS THE LIFE I LEAD. We will let you guys know when it is shipped to the radio stations.

BLACK PHANTOM SINGLE
Earlier today I was listening to a few songs from THE BLACK PHANTOM. First, let me say this album is exactly what everyone has been waiting for. It's the Daz everyone loves and the beats are on another level. We have decided a potential first single. It is still UNTITLED. Production on the track is by Soopafly. This isn't your usual Soopafly production. Its Soopafly getting in touch with his ROCKER-side. Daz is in talks to get KORN for a possible guest appearance.

BASEBALL STRIKE
If you're a baseball fan do US ALL a favor and sign the following petition. You may not think its gonna help...but it does. We need our voices heard and this is one way. It takes a minute!

LINK TO PETITION

STREET LIFE RECORDS
Tha homies at Street Life Records have had a lot of drama the past 12 or so months. Street Life Records, formerly known as Flawless Music Entertainment, was given problems by FRED DURST of LIMP BIZKIT. He was giving drama over the record labels name. Fred just recently started a label FLAWLESS RECORDS. Interscope thought this might cause some confusion with the public. Flawless, CEO of Street Life, tried fighting...things obviously didn't work out. Anyhow, they changed their label name to STREET LIFE RECORDS. Same ARTISTS, same MUSIC, give them a visit. Their site is under construction, in the meantime sign-up for their forum.

LINK TO STREET LIFE RECORDS

MIKE DEAN REMIXES 2PAC
If you haven't checked it out already check out ANATOMY OF A REMIX at DEANSLIST.net. It shows MIKE'S process of REMIXING a 2PAC track. You can hear step-by-step what he is doing. Also at deanslist.net are pictures from the SCARFACE RELEASE PARTY and a snippet from the coming MAKAVELI N DILLINGER ALBUM - DON'T GO TO SLEEP.

LINK TO DEANSLIST.NET

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: dpg recordz update
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 05:53:06 AM »
lol @ compalation

im surprised Soopafly handled the majority on THE BLACK PHANTOM and not daz himself, but why a rocker side? lol
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

budsmokeronly

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 06:02:13 AM »
thats what I'm sayin "why a rocker side?"
I don't want to hear that.  Red Rum galore was the worst song on his last album.  Daz needs to get back to tha dogg food sound.  And it pisses me off that the only unreleased songs on their from the DR era are name and the rep and down with it.  Kronik asked for suggestions of songs and hella songs were listed, but Daz only puts on those 2.  Hopefully the name and the rep is longer than the version we all got.

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2002, 06:18:27 AM »
KORN???????????????????????????????

WHAT IN THE HELL IS DAZ THINKING????????????????????????

I hope yall relize that this is the same korn as that stupid punk whatever band.  I mean, DAMN.  that shit sucks.  forgive me if there are any korn fans here.

-Tha Rev

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 06:21:04 AM »
A VIDEO for Dipp with me .. yeaaaaa I GOT to see it, too bad the second single is not ... Make Me Rich... but still Load up is a good choice