Author Topic: Trauma, tell us about the Church of Latter Day Saints and how you became Mormon  (Read 688 times)

acbaylove

But that's not even the problem. I mean i dont think there are good religions and bad religions. I dont think a person is "nice and good" if he has an opinion instead of another, or if he calls his God Allah or whatever. The evil is inside every man, no matter the color of his skin, or the religion he supports, or the set he claims. A man is "nice and good" if he controls this evil who's inside of him. If he does it with the help of a religion, then good for him. If he does it not believing in a God (like 7even, for example), then good for him. I dont care with religion he follows. If he follows one. I'm Christian. There are Christians who cant control the evil. There are Christians who supported the war and Christians who didnt. So it has nothing to do with "external" things, or with religions. It's all about yourself. You have to control evil. If you dont, you aint "nice and good". Simple.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
What being a good and nice people has to do with the war in Iraq, man?

What do good and nice people have to do with Iraq?  Good and nice people stood up against the war in Iraq.

Shit, you are pathetic now. Like if Christians never fought a war. Like if Muslims aint killing other people for Allah.

I never said Muslims hadn't killed anyone for Allah, they have.  Even the Prophet Muhammad killed people for Allah.  The Noble Qu'ran gives Muslims to permission to fight against people who fight them.

Like if in Africa they aint killing millions of people just cause they dont want to follow a religion. Like if.. shit, why am i wasting my time with you anyway?

What does Africa have to do with anything?  I don't understand why you brought up Africa in replying to my statements.  Maybe your emotions got in the way, calm down, and try to make sense next time, and maybe we can have a decent discussion.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

acbaylove

What do good and nice people have to do with Iraq?  Good and nice people stood up against the war in Iraq.

Against every war, not only that one. Good and nice people should love jews, they should not be kamikazee, they should not kill Americans not even if America is invading your Country. They should just love and respect. So, like you can see, it's pointless to say so, cause this shit will never happens.

I never said Muslims hadn't killed anyone for Allah, they have.  Even the Prophet Muhammad killed people for Allah. The Noble Qu'ran gives Muslims to permission to fight against people who fight them.

ROFL!! So you can kill sometimes, and sometimes not? It all depends? What a stupid point you have here? Sorry if it's disrespecting for the Qu'ran, i dont want to, but c'mon now!! You're talking about "good and nice" people, and at the same time you are saying "the Noble Qu'ran gives Muslims to permission to fight against people who fight them"? The fact it's written in a book doesnt make a killer a "good and nice" person imo. He's still a killer. I cant accept that. I'm a Christian. My Church doesnt permitt you to kill, not even to defend yourself. An homicide is an homicide. If you are a true Christian, you should die instead of killing another people. That's the highest expression of love (to God) possible. To die instead of to kill. There's a whole different philosophy here between "us" and "you", and that's the reason why you can never blame Christians to do wars in the name of our God. When Christians do it, they're doing it for themselves, not for our God or religion. When Bush said he was fighting with the blessing of God, he was just lying. He did this war for himself, not for God. Cause the Church is against any war, occupations, rebellions. And the philosophy you just reported is the main reason why Muslim is "dangerous" in the minds of stupid people. Cause when you think you can kill someone and your God will be happy about it, you became a monster. So much that you can destroy other people's life, children, women, innocent people, you can flight into the Two Towers, you can kill italian Carabinieri, behead journalists, etc.. You should hold on and reflect about it. To kill someone for defence is still an homicide.

What does Africa have to do with anything?  I don't understand why you brought up Africa in replying to my statements.  Maybe your emotions got in the way, calm down, and try to make sense next time, and maybe we can have a decent discussion.

Isnt Africa a Continent like Europe, America and Asia? Well this shit of people killing for their religion happens there too, if you didnt know. More than in Asia, more than in Europa, more than in America. So yes, Africa.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Against every war, not only that one. Good and nice people should love jews, they should not be kamikazee, they should not kill Americans not even if America is invading your Country. They should just love and respect. So, like you can see, it's pointless to say so, cause this shit will never happens.
ROFL!! So you can kill sometimes, and sometimes not? It all depends? What a stupid point you have here? Sorry if it's disrespecting for the Qu'ran, i dont want to, but c'mon now!! You're talking about "good and nice" people, and at the same time you are saying "the Noble Qu'ran gives Muslims to permission to fight against people who fight them"? The fact it's written in a book doesnt make a killer a "good and nice" person imo. He's still a killer. I cant accept that. I'm a Christian. My Church doesnt permitt you to kill, not even to defend yourself. An homicide is an homicide. If you are a true Christian, you should die instead of killing another people. That's the highest expression of love (to God) possible. To die instead of to kill. There's a whole different philosophy here between "us" and "you",

So let's say someone invades your house, and starts abusing your wife and children, they tell you that you can keep the basement, but they take over the rest of the house, your just supposed to let them do it?  What kind of man, husband, and father would you be?  To let someone take over your house and have their own way with your wife and kids?......  Sometimes it is a very righteous thing to resist injustice. 

Cause the Church is against any war, occupations, rebellions.

^^ The Church was not against the war!  That was the whole point of my post to Trauma in the first place.  An official from the Church of Latter Day Saints said that the official stance of the Church was in support of the war and in support of George Bush. 

Isnt Africa a Continent like Europe, America and Asia? Well this shit of people killing for their religion happens there too, if you didnt know. More than in Asia, more than in Europa, more than in America. So yes, Africa.

I'll ask you the same question I asked you before.  What does Africa have to do with anything?  Why did you even bring Africa up?

« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 06:58:22 AM by Safar, 1426 Years After Hijrah »

acbaylove

So let's say someone invades your house, and starts abusing your wife and children, they tell you that you can keep the basement, but they take over the rest of the house, your just supposed to let them do it?  What kind of man, husband, and father would you be?  To let someone take over your house and have their own way with your wife and kids?......  Sometimes it is a very righteous thing to resist injustice.

I'm not saying that, hold on. I'm talking about killing people, not just defending yourself if someone is trying to kill you or your wife. Think about what you just wrote for a second please: you're justifying kamikazee's in Israel, you're justifying people beheading americans in the name of Allah, you're justifying massacres. You're justifying the same war, but from another point of view: from the Iraq side. That's why i think Qu'ran can be dangerous. My Church (Roman Church) is against any type of violence, no matter who started it. So like that no war can be justified, no murder can have a justification. That's the main difference between our religions, i think. It's the philosophy that is different. You are saying Americans are wrong and cant kill, but Iraqi can. That's dangerous, man. The Pope is against Americans and against Iraqi who kills. Cause deaths are all the same, there are no deaths who can be justified or, even worse, supported and allowed by a religion. Imo.

^^ The Church was not against the war!  That was the whole point of my post to Trauma in the first place.  An official from the Church of Latter Day Saints said that the official stance of the Church was in support of the war and in support of George Bush.

Sorry i dont understand. The Church of Latter Day Saints is a special branch of the Roman Church? I was talking about the Roman Church, Christians Catholics. This dialogue between me and you is Roman Church vs Muslims. I dont know if Trauma's religion supported the war. But for example Roman Church supported Italian mission in Iraq. But we aint there fighting a war. We're there helping Iraqi.

I'll ask you the same question I asked you before.  What does Africa have to do with anything?  Why did you even bring Africa up?

Shit i wasnt talking about muslims in particular. I was talking about the fact people still kill for religion. And that was just another example. I talked about Christians, about muslims, and about people in Africa too. If you dont like it, just ignore that line. But there are big problems there too. Only difference: no oil.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Sorry i dont understand. The Church of Latter Day Saints is a special branch of the Roman Church? I was talking about the Roman Church, Christians Catholics. This dialogue between me and you is Roman Church vs Muslims. I dont know if Trauma's religion supported the war.

Origionally the thread was about Trauma and Mormons.  I made my statements concerning Trauma and Mormons.  The Church of Latter Day Saints consider themselves to be Christians.  I was talking about Christians generally and Mormons specifically.  But now you are informing me that we are talking about Roman Church vs. Muslims.  Now that I know that I will speak on the Catholic Church specifically.  Yes, you are right, the Catholic Church did a very good thing, not only did the Pope denounce this war and take an anti-war stance, but I think the official stance of the Catholic Church was also against the 1rst Gulf War.  Not because they have been against all wars indefinitely, but because they felt that America's war in Iraq was morally wrong, and that it is a corrupt, imperialistic war... which it is.

Only difference (with Africa): no oil.

There is oil all over Africa.  Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, and others have oil just as plentiful as the oil in the Middle East.  And they are still drilling all over Africa for more oil yet to be discovered.

acbaylove

Origionally the thread was about Trauma and Mormons.  I made my statements concerning Trauma and Mormons.  The Church of Latter Day Saints consider themselves to be Christians.  I was talking about Christians generally and Mormons specifically.  But now you are informing me that we are talking about Roman Church vs. Muslims.  Now that I know that I will speak on the Catholic Church specifically.

I know they consider themselves to be Christians, but they aint considered like that from the Catholic Church, you know what i mean? The only thing in common with Catholic Church is that they believe in God, like us. So they're like two whole different religions. I'm talking for myself and for the Catholic Church.

Yes, you are right, the Catholic Church did a very good thing, not only did the Pope denounce this war and take an anti-war stance, but I think the official stance of the Catholic Church was also against the 1rst Gulf War.  Not because they have been against all wars indefinitely, but because they felt that America's war in Iraq was morally wrong, and that it is a corrupt, imperialistic war... which it is.

Well you said it in a way the Pope didnt say it. Your is an interpretation. However it's a fact the Pope condamned this war and he's against all the "preventive" wars, yes.

There is oil all over Africa.  Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, and others have oil just as plentiful as the oil in the Middle East.  And they are still drilling all over Africa for more oil yet to be discovered.

Well that's a good thing to discuss, but let's stay on topic. We'll discuss about it next time (remember it).

Trauma-san

Mormons believe in following the law of the land, and that the United States was blessed by God from it's inception, and they fully support the government, especially in war times.  That's why they support the war, there's no specific reason for it, other than they support the government in everything they do.  They believe the constitution was inspired by God, and the United States was founded as a place of religious freedom for all people, of any nation to come to avoid persecution.  They're typically very patriotic people, and would support any war the United States chose to enter.  The aspects of the government that the church doesn't agree with (Abortion, etc.) they feel they should work to peacefully, civily change the laws, not break the laws, and that if it's the lord's will, the laws, etc. will be changed. 

A good example is that the Mormons after moving west, had a ton of men die on the trip, in the fall and winter to Utah... so upon arriving there, being unable to decide how to mate their ideas of women being supported by their families, and the belief that women shouldn't live with men they're not married to... they started marrying multiple wives, practicing polygamy, and all kinds of twisted warped stuff.  After a while, the United States government passed a law making it Illegal to practice polygamy, and the church immediately outlawed it, splintering the church into two factions and causing all sorts of problems.  The official stance of the church was that God wanted them first to obey the laws of the land, and that his law would fall in line with that.  The book of Mormon (written supposedly before the 2nd century A.D., but at latest written by Joseph Smith himself in the 1830's, years before this polygamy debate) itself mentions Polygamy as ungodly and an abomination, etc. 

So there's an example of Mormons supporting the government, even when it conflicts with their views. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Mormons believe in following the law of the land, and that the United States was blessed by God from it's inception, and they fully support the government, especially in war times.  They're typically very patriotic people, and would support any war the United States chose to enter. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

So let me get this straight, they support the United States in any war? 

Fathom

• 'G'
id like to have 8 wives and 25 children

That's only part of it... would you also like to have intercourse with your children and nephews/nieces? Then the Church of Latter Day Saints is for you!
sign me up :D
LMAO