Author Topic: The Beatles - Please read and comment  (Read 1726 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: The Beatles - Please read and comment
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2005, 06:20:55 PM »
Infinite, you´re such a fool. I might comment later, but Nature Of The Threat, even if you believe in that shit, is merely the reproduction of lexical information. He doesn´t flow, stay on beat or demonstrate any sort of eloquence saying what he says. And he never flows or stays on beat anyways

LOL... So now everybody at a West Coast Hip-Hop Forum suddenly becomes Beatle fans, I don't believe it, I think ya'll are just embarrassed because you think whites are superior but you love black music, so you have to find a few white bands to like to make yourself feel better.  That may not be true for all of you, but I have a hard time believing that all these hip-hop heads at this forum are really bumping the Beatles more than their favorite rap cd's.
its funny cause ur mad, the 1 place, were u can come, and discus rap music, and hate on all other SUPERIOR types, and your world comes crashing down, when even the people at a rap forum can enjoy good classics..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2005, 12:37:53 AM »
Infinite, you´re such a fool. I might comment later, but Nature Of The Threat, even if you believe in that shit, is merely the reproduction of lexical information. He doesn´t flow, stay on beat or demonstrate any sort of eloquence saying what he says. And he never flows or stays on beat anyways

LOL... So now everybody at a West Coast Hip-Hop Forum suddenly becomes Beatle fans, I don't believe it, I think ya'll are just embarrassed because you think whites are superior but you love black music, so you have to find a few white bands to like to make yourself feel better.  That may not be true for all of you, but I have a hard time believing that all these hip-hop heads at this forum are really bumping the Beatles more than their favorite rap cd's.
its funny cause ur mad, the 1 place, were u can come, and discus rap music, and hate on all other SUPERIOR types, and your world comes crashing down, when even the people at a rap forum can enjoy good classics..

I don´t even think we need to bring in the aspect of what´s superior or more sophisticated. I love some simple music, from hiphop to Nirvana to punk and simple music can be genius.

But da homeboy Infinizzle has a simple pattern of thinking: This is a west coast hiphop forum -> It´s all about west coast hiphop and making a topic like this one is disloyal, despicable betrayal. The loss of all base value is rooted even more deeply though:
Outbound Connections
Diversify and discuss non West Coast rap related music topics here.
(and that includes other genres outside hiphop!)
We´re actually allowed to do this! now that´s something our nigga cannot believe and tolerate, let alone accept being a part of. How CAN us real niggas dat was down wit da ganxta shit listen to The Beatles and LIKE IT BETTER?? It´s tearing him apart. He has gone such a long way of firm determination in order to be accepted as a reel nigguh and now he´s stabbed in the back :'(

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2005, 03:35:21 AM »
its pro-black though.. so our nigga 'finite gotsta love it

For that matter, Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP" is more genius than anything the Beatles have done.  And so is the "Eminem Show".  Eminem is the 2nd greatest musical artist in history behind 2pac.

I'll post up some Eminem lyrics from those albums later, and we can compare them to "He Loves You Ya! Ya! Ya!" and get the same results.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 03:36:58 AM by Muharram 1426 A.H. »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2005, 04:06:54 AM »
Eminem is the 2nd greatest musical artist in history behind 2pac.

lol. btw, is that the only thing you got a response for?

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2005, 06:18:08 AM »
Fuck the Beatles

Trauma-san

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2005, 06:47:07 AM »
Trauma, nice post. However, isn't Getting Better a song by Paul? I'm pretty sure, although I haven't listened to that song in full depth for a week or so.

Edit: Yes, Getting Better is by Paul.

The Beatles would write songs apart, and then the other would add to it.  John in this case added the lines he sings, about "I used to be mean to my woman, I beat her" which is why I listed him as writing it, since that was the line I was focusing on.

You've got a couple other errors in your original post, as well.  The line that Paul wanted to change in "Hey Jude" that John made him keep was "The Movement you need is on your shoulders", not "Don't carry the world upon your shoulders". 

The version of "All You Need Is Love" isn't the live version, it's the live version with a re-sang lead vocal by John Lennon.

Let It Be isn't about Paul's love of music, it's about his mother Mary, who died when he was a young boy.  It's about the Beatles breaking up, and going through hard times, and how his mother appeared to him in his dreams one night, and told him to "Let It Be" and not be so worried about the turmoil him and the band were going through during their last 3 albums. 

Paul didn't lose his voice singing Oh Darling! either, the story is he would arrive at Abbey Road an hour early every morning, and attempt a vocal take of the song... after a few weeks, he nailed it.  He was trying to get the coarse, rough sound your voice has in the morning when you just woke up onto wax.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2005, 08:26:40 AM »
Trauma, nice post. However, isn't Getting Better a song by Paul? I'm pretty sure, although I haven't listened to that song in full depth for a week or so.

The Beatles would write songs apart, and then the other would add to it.  John in this case added the lines he sings, about "I used to be mean to my woman, I beat her" which is why I listed him as writing it, since that was the line I was focusing on.

You've got a couple other errors in your original post, as well.  The line that Paul wanted to change in "Hey Jude" that John made him keep was "The Movement you need is on your shoulders", not "Don't carry the world upon your shoulders". 

The version of "All You Need Is Love" isn't the live version, it's the live version with a re-sang lead vocal by John Lennon.

Let It Be isn't about Paul's love of music, it's about his mother Mary, who died when he was a young boy.  It's about the Beatles breaking up, and going through hard times, and how his mother appeared to him in his dreams one night, and told him to "Let It Be" and not be so worried about the turmoil him and the band were going through during their last 3 albums. 

Paul didn't lose his voice singing Oh Darling! either, the story is he would arrive at Abbey Road an hour early every morning, and attempt a vocal take of the song... after a few weeks, he nailed it.  He was trying to get the coarse, rough sound your voice has in the morning when you just woke up onto wax.

Cool cool. I can always take corrections.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2005, 08:28:46 AM »

For that matter, Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP" is more genius than anything the Beatles have done.  And so is the "Eminem Show".  Eminem is the 2nd greatest musical artist in history behind 2pac.

I'll post up some Eminem lyrics from those albums later, and we can compare them to "He Loves You Ya! Ya! Ya!" and get the same results.

Are you kidding me?

2Pac and Eminem are superior to Jimi Hendrix, Queen, Chuck Berry, Elvis Prestley, Prince, Curtis Mayfield, Stevie Ray Vuaghan, Eric Clapton, Johnny Cash, Marvin Gaye, Bob Dylan, etc...?
You sir, are a fucking jokehave poor taste in music. (It was immature of me to comment on his specific character instead of the topic at hand.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 07:18:07 PM by Lincoln The Reform-A-Tory »

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2005, 09:11:03 AM »

You sir, are a fucking joke.

You didn't know that already?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2005, 12:07:44 PM »

NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT.....you do have a point, somehow....

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2005, 12:15:24 PM »

NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT.....you do have a point, somehow....

;D

Paris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2005, 12:18:23 PM »

I don´t even think we need to bring in the aspect of what´s superior or more sophisticated. I love some simple music, from hiphop to Nirvana to punk and simple music can be genius.

But da homeboy Infinizzle has a simple pattern of thinking: This is a west coast hiphop forum -> It´s all about west coast hiphop and making a topic like this one is disloyal, despicable betrayal. The loss of all base value is rooted even more deeply though:
Outbound Connections
Diversify and discuss non West Coast rap related music topics here.
(and that includes other genres outside hiphop!)
We´re actually allowed to do this! now that´s something our nigga cannot believe and tolerate, let alone accept being a part of. How CAN us real niggas dat was down wit da ganxta shit listen to The Beatles and LIKE IT BETTER?? It´s tearing him apart. He has gone such a long way of firm determination in order to be accepted as a reel nigguh and now he´s stabbed in the back :'(
yea thats wat i meant i phrased it wrong i guess

and infinite, please dont put eminem at number 2, he doesnt deserve it...

Trauma-san

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2005, 03:14:40 PM »

Cool cool. I can always take corrections.

That's because you're a cool guy!

Trauma-san

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2005, 03:17:37 PM »
Oh, and Lincoln, add to your list, nearly every classical composer who lived in the past 500 years or so. Of course he thinks Dr. Dre is a better musician than Beethoven (You know, Dre who makes incredibly head nodding beats that loop every 4 bars, and Beethoven, the man who cut the legs off his piano, and composed vast symphonies by feeling the vibrations of the floor after he went TOTALLY FUCKING DEAF).  You'd think Infinite would be a big Beethoven fan, since they've got so much in common.   

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2005, 07:11:18 PM »
Oh, and Lincoln, add to your list, nearly every classical composer who lived in the past 500 years or so.

Of course, I can definetly appreciate the classical music. I can listen to any kind of music.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 07:13:03 PM by Lincoln The Reform-A-Tory »

Paris