Author Topic: The Beatles - Please read and comment  (Read 1721 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: The Beatles - Please read and comment
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2005, 08:55:37 AM »
Has anyone else seen the Beatles Anthology? It's a good watch, almost 9 hours. I'd recommend watching it, I spread it out over 4 days when I saw it. Shows great performances, music videos, and goes into insanely vivid detail.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2005, 09:45:15 AM »
^ ima take 1 day and watch it..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2005, 09:54:34 AM »
Has anyone else seen the Beatles Anthology? It's a good watch, almost 9 hours. I'd recommend watching it, I spread it out over 4 days when I saw it. Shows great performances, music videos, and goes into insanely vivid detail.

haven´t seen the anthology, but i saw a whole bunch of documentations on them when i was young...might watch it when i got time, but that´s quite a problem, time for a 9 hour movie

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2005, 10:23:30 PM »
LOL at 2pac and Eminem being the 2 best musicians in the history of music

better than Jimi Hendrix?.........LMAO
better than Jelly Roll Mortin?.......LMAO
better than Quincy Jones?..........LMAO
better than phil Spector?.......LMAO

lol man ozzy osbourne is more important to the history of music  than 2pac. lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2005, 06:21:25 PM »
it´s apalling how serious Infinite is taken...2pac was not better than Jimi? NO SHIT??

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2005, 07:55:13 AM »

How was 2pac a musician? Or how is Eminmen a fucking musician? They have no musicianship whatsoever, they rap. There is nothing musical about rapping. Not that I dislike rapping, that's another thing, I of course like it. But you don't need any musicianship to be able to rap. 2pac and Eminem were/are no musicians.

Anyway. The Beatles are probably one of, if not, the most important band of the 20th century. Overrated at times, like many bands, but good. I prefer the Velvet Underground, though. The Velvet Underground & Niceo is one of my favorite album. Anyway,  Helter Skelter is probably my favorite Beatles song. It also partially paved the way for punk rock and heavy metal. Some also argue about it being the first heavy metal song.

Also, I don't think it's hard to argue about Miles Davis probably being the greate musician of the 20th century - although, in jazz, I prefer avant garde/experimental jazz like Sun Ra, my favorite.

If I had to name 1 band that is better than the Beatles are - there are quite a few. I'd say...Sonic Youth.

DAYUM

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2005, 08:02:06 AM »
my mom use to bump the beatles when i was younger

ill say i like them

but i know my grandma didnt

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2005, 08:07:13 AM »
its pro-black though.. so our nigga 'finite gotsta love it

For that matter, Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP" is more genius than anything the Beatles have done.  And so is the "Eminem Show".  Eminem is the 2nd greatest musical artist in history behind 2pac.

I'll post up some Eminem lyrics from those albums later, and we can compare them to "He Loves You Ya! Ya! Ya!" and get the same results.

Are you kidding me?

2Pac and Eminem are superior to Jimi Hendrix, Queen, Chuck Berry, Elvis Prestley, Prince, Curtis Mayfield, Stevie Ray Vuaghan, Eric Clapton, Johnny Cash, Marvin Gaye, Bob Dylan, etc...?
You sir, are a fucking jokehave poor taste in music. (It was immature of me to comment on his specific character instead of the topic at hand.

Elvis? Come the fuck on. He's the definition of overrated shit and should not be taken seriously. Besides, there are more than enough bands/musicians in modern day music that could easily be considered as good - if not, better - than most on that list. It's the legendary status of those artists they got because of the time they started.

Like, let's say, Led Zeppelin. Pretty cool band, but for Christ's sake, how fucking overrated can a band get? On every aspect, if I may add. They weren't that original - a lot of their riffs are ripped off from older blues riffs. They weren't that talented (Jimmy Page is not one of the greatest guitarists of all time, influential, I guess, but my God, he's not the most talented. The bass is fairly simple and Robert Plant's singing was just good. John Bonham, now that's talent). One song dragged on for too much time. Kashmir was fun, then the second minute of the song started and you'll start to lose interest.

Meshuggah, Slint, My Bloody Valentine, Opeth, Black Flag, Sonic Youth, Bad Brains, Joy Division, all belong on that list as much as most bands on that list do.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2005, 08:19:44 AM »
^ i dont agree nor repect your opinions

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2005, 08:26:21 AM »
^ i dont agree nor repect your opinions

Of course you don't. Tell me, how many albums by the bands I listed did you actually hear?

Second of all, how much trouble do you have playing Jimmi Page's riffs? I pretty much have no trouble. And funny thing is, I'm probably the worst guitarist ever. If you want music that needs at least 10 times as much talent as Led Zeppelin, and is more creative - you know, without ripping off Leadbelly's riffs - you should hear New Millennium Cyanide Christ by Meshuggah.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2005, 04:22:35 PM »
^ ok, so i finally listened to that song.. riiiiight... musically, its aight, a lil too heavy for my likings, but come on, thers just some douche screaming over the track, thats not skill...

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2005, 04:31:56 PM »
^ ok, so i finally listened to that song.. riiiiight... musically, its aight, a lil too heavy for my likings, but come on, thers just some douche screaming over the track, thats not skill...

No skill? I scream in a band. And it's hard to get the right tone out. Breath controll is important. Besides, you just don't scream, you push air from your stomache and rub your vocal chords fast to get a vocal fry. If not done properly, you'll fuck up your voice. This dude, however, screams for 20 years now, and his voice is still intact. You try to scream like Chino Moreno or Phil Anselmo without getting your voice hurt. No wait, don't. You need months of practice to develop a scream like that. And another thing, listen to the lyrics. Those are some of the most inventive lyrics ever in rock music.
Besides, don't you hear the guitar shredding? That needs a lot more skill than any Jimmy Page solo does. These guys are graduated jazz musicians. They're basically a death metal jazz band. Don't you hear those unconventional experimental jazz influenced time signatures? The - extremely fast - shredding?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 04:35:10 PM by The New Pollution »

specityo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2005, 07:29:37 PM »
Classic post. Still it seems like y'all are selling a lot of MC's short. Look at the artform of a rap track compared to rock. Rap is at an obvious disadvantage.
looking for mc's for this group shit hit a nigga up dontcare818@hotmail.com

Trauma-san

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2005, 08:50:48 PM »

Anyway. The Beatles are probably one of, if not, the most important band of the 20th century.

If I had to name 1 band that is better than the Beatles are - there are quite a few. I'd say...Sonic Youth.

What a fuckin' joke.  The Beatles are 'one of' the most important bands of the 20th century? Hmmm.  They just invented modern music as you know it. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2005, 08:53:58 PM »
its pro-black though.. so our nigga 'finite gotsta love it

For that matter, Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP" is more genius than anything the Beatles have done.  And so is the "Eminem Show".  Eminem is the 2nd greatest musical artist in history behind 2pac.

I'll post up some Eminem lyrics from those albums later, and we can compare them to "He Loves You Ya! Ya! Ya!" and get the same results.

Are you kidding me?

2Pac and Eminem are superior to Jimi Hendrix, Queen, Chuck Berry, Elvis Prestley, Prince, Curtis Mayfield, Stevie Ray Vuaghan, Eric Clapton, Johnny Cash, Marvin Gaye, Bob Dylan, etc...?
You sir, are a fucking jokehave poor taste in music. (It was immature of me to comment on his specific character instead of the topic at hand.

Elvis? Come the fuck on. He's the definition of overrated shit and should not be taken seriously. Besides, there are more than enough bands/musicians in modern day music that could easily be considered as good - if not, better - than most on that list. It's the legendary status of those artists they got because of the time they started.

Like, let's say, Led Zeppelin. Pretty cool band, but for Christ's sake, how fucking overrated can a band get? On every aspect, if I may add. They weren't that original - a lot of their riffs are ripped off from older blues riffs. They weren't that talented (Jimmy Page is not one of the greatest guitarists of all time, influential, I guess, but my God, he's not the most talented. The bass is fairly simple and Robert Plant's singing was just good. John Bonham, now that's talent). One song dragged on for too much time. Kashmir was fun, then the second minute of the song started and you'll start to lose interest.

Meshuggah, Slint, My Bloody Valentine, Opeth, Black Flag, Sonic Youth, Bad Brains, Joy Division, all belong on that list as much as most bands on that list do.

Did you get dropped on your head?   You can't figure the difference between music you LIKE, and music that's TALENT.  To say Elvis is overrated is insane.  Find 1 thing he didn't do perfectly.  He had a perfect voice, he could sing Rock & Roll, Country, Gospel, Blues, Rockabily, Jazz, and even OPERA.  The guy was a musical virtuoso who was just as comfortable singing songs he heard in a black church as he was singing Jailhouse Rock.  His contributions to the arts cannot be overstated.