Author Topic: Aftermath vs Death Row  (Read 2433 times)

B-Blaze

• 'G'
Re: Aftermath vs Death Row
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2005, 10:18:31 PM »
Dr.Dre = Success

after he left the row they went on a HUGE decline.....and the math subsequently rose to the top of the hip hop game

Florez

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Return of the gangstas
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2005, 12:30:22 AM »
All racisme sucks. And your a being such a hypocrite ass about it. Think before you speak

Fuck You !!!.....End Of Story

Haha indeed end of story. Your talkin shit man you're not right and you know it.
''I'm still a doggpound nigga I ain't never gonna give it up''

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2005, 02:27:10 AM »
How can somebody compare 2pac with Eminem. I can atleast say over 5 former death row artist thats way better then Eminem. Lady Of Rage >> Eminem

acbaylove

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2005, 02:40:07 AM »
u need a hug
plus, although tupac might be considered by more hip hop heads goat
eminem will over sell him either by the end of this year or by releasing his next album
he atleast sells 5 million copies w/o releasing double albums

You can't seriously compare Pac to Eminem, man..
Eminem is still alive, promoting his albums, being an Executive Producer, he got Dre on his back, D12, 50..
Plus he's doing 2005 music, not 1995-96. With 2005 beats produced/chosed by himself.
C'mon..

there isnt such thing as old music or new music
if u get some 20 years old rhymes and lace the right beat its gonna sound nice whether its 1905 or 2005
am not comparing em to pac although both r main stream artists and controvesial in theor own way they are different
and 1 thomg abput promo
makaveli sold 7 million cause of pac's death u know that
50 sold 11 million cause he got shot 9 times
em sells cause he is white
every artists has his way in promoting his album but at the end of the day its music whther its bethoven or dj quik music its still music

I cant agree with you on this one, man. Since that's the main reason why i am a Pac fan. I mean Pac's lyrics always related to his own real life. Em lyrics doesnt. Not the way Pac did it. That's why Em didnt a good job, imo. Cause them Pac's tracks were 1993-94 tracks, and he made them sounds like if they were 2004 tracks. Shit Pac says "G-G-G-Unit.." in one of them! That's the worse way to make a Pac remix, imo. You should try to recreate the 1993-94 sound, and the emotions Pac felt in that era. You cant make a song where Pac is crying a pop song! You cant put a R&B chorus in a song where Pac is happy cause he's fresh out of jail! You know what i mean? To remix Pac, you should study his own life first. You should start from the lyrics and from Pac's message to make a beat that fixes it. Instead Eminem did the opposite thing, since he aint a good producer. He made the beats, and then he fixed the accappella over it. With no sense at all. The whole albums sounds like the tracks produced for RESURRECTION OST. They all sounds the same! Pac sounds like Eminem!! Shit in one track he sounds like Bone-Thugz!!!! No, no.... it's a shit album, def!

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2005, 12:46:04 PM »
Haha indeed end of story. Your talkin shit man you're not right and you know it.

I don't wanna waste my time witt you coz we'll just be goin' back and forth and i don't have time for this bullshit. I'm sticking to what i said before and your gonna stick to what you said, so what's tha point if tha convo is like taliking to a wall ?

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2005, 01:10:38 PM »
Hello, did someone seem to forget it was Dre that made Deathrow?  IMO, Aftermath is much better but, can't forget about the albums that was done when Dre was on DR but, after he left, DR is another bullshit label that can't put out a sub quality album..  GARBAGE!

Some people consider All Eyez On Me and Makaveli two 5 mics albums, lol.

and I happen to be one of them. Either of these albums is so far superior to any Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit release, its not even funny. 7 Day Theory kills Eminem and 50's entire catalogs combined.

and who's the cat that said Eminem is gonna outsell Pac after he makes one more album?? Boy, you out your mothafuckin mind. Pac sold over twice as many records as Em, and Em aint even come close. Go to RIAA.com and look at the best selling artists of all time.....Em is waaaaay behind Pac. Also, Em will never be considered the icon that Pac is, because he lacks the social consciousness or revolutionary outlook that Pac had. Em is a mere pop star, nothing more.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 01:15:52 PM by The Sneaker Pimp »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2005, 09:46:47 AM »
Some people consider All Eyez On Me and Makaveli two 5 mics albums, lol.

People i know hate 2Pac witt a passion have listened to those albums say they are 5 Mic Classics, so this comin' from you is nothing.

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2005, 11:08:50 PM »
For the past two weeks, Aftermath has had THREE albums in the top 10 Billboard albums. I don't think Deathrow ever did that? Last week, 50 #1, Game #5 and Eminem #10. This week, 50 #1, Game #3 and Eminem #10. I don't recall a rap label that's ever pulled that off before!

'EclipZe

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2005, 11:44:44 PM »
For the past two weeks, Aftermath has had THREE albums in the top 10 Billboard albums. I don't think Deathrow ever did that? Last week, 50 #1, Game #5 and Eminem #10. This week, 50 #1, Game #3 and Eminem #10. I don't recall a rap label that's ever pulled that off before!

still deathrow > aftermath  ::)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2005, 09:55:45 AM »

Any record label can do this right now fool just like anyone can go Platinum right now. Only few artist were goin' Platinum back in tha day, look at Jay-Z this muthafucka was going Gold back then after that era he started goin' 5X Platinum. this day Rap is so commercial. Fans weren't dumb as tha ones that exists right now also just because your on a label that they support don't mean they are gonna buy your album, you have to be bringing out good shit. Witt Aftermath and Shady once your on any of those labels tha fans automatically like tha artist and buy their music.........

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2005, 12:38:39 PM »
cash money>aftermath>death row

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2005, 01:26:11 PM »
You must be fucking kidding me ::)

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2005, 01:32:15 PM »

Just the other way around  ;)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2005, 01:33:07 PM »

> = greater then
< = less then
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 01:34:43 PM by Machiavelli »

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2005, 03:59:08 PM »
You must be fucking kidding me ::)
well it is a matter of opinion and i can bump more cash money than deathrow or aftermath