Author Topic: Foxy Brown's Latest Command Appearance  (Read 59 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Foxy Brown's Latest Command Appearance
« on: December 13, 2006, 08:48:23 AM »
Foxy Brown is quite the temptress. When it comes to flirting with the system, that is.

The Chyna Doll rapper was unexpectedly ordered to show up in Manhattan Criminal Court Monday to face accusations of probation violation, as well as a recommendation that she might be better off behind bars for awhile.

Brown, 31, whose real name is Inga Marchand, was sentenced in October to three years probation, anger management classes and random drug testing after pleading guilty to two misdemeanor counts of assault, stemming from a 2004 run-in with two manicurists at a New York nail shop.

According to a lawyer from the city Department of Probation, Brown is "flouting the court-ordered conditions of her probation," which the rapper agreed to in order to avoid jail time.

Attorney Shawndra Weinberg, who suggested that Brown spend some time locked up, told Judge Melissa Jackson that the Def Jam rapper has failed to keep appointments with her probation officers, has not shown up for anger management and hasn't submitted herself for drug testing.

"She's asked for special treatment," Weinberg said. "She's told us, 'I'm not like them,'" meaning her fellow men and women who are on probation.

Jackson didn't bang the gavel too hard on Monday, instead telling Brown that she had better comply from now on with the terms of her sentence, or else face jail time. Perhaps going on past experience, Jackson wouldn't let Brown speak in court, telling her to save it for her next scheduled hearing.

(When she was sentenced, Brown still tried to stress her innocence to the judge, saying she was rushed into the plea deal and was too stressed out to protest. She was shushed last December, as well, when Jackson felt Brown was laying the in-court attitude on a little thick.)

Outside the courthouse, however, Brown told reporters that she has "never violated probation. This is happening to me because I'm Foxy Brown."

Her drug tests, she said, have come back "clean, negative, perfect." The Ill Na Na purveyor said that the so-called special treatment Weinberg referred to was actually just her reluctance to sit next to "all kind of criminals" in the downtown Brooklyn probation office.

"My safety was in jeopardy," Brown said. "I didn't think they were going to throw me in with the wolves."

This report is provided by E! Online
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

Miuzi

• Lil Geezy
Re: Foxy Brown's Latest Command Appearance
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 11:13:46 AM »
Special treatment lol, if you act like a criminal you get treated like a crimiinal.