Author Topic: Things get even worse for Bush... New Approval Ratings Out.  (Read 338 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Things get even worse for Bush... New Approval Ratings Out.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 12:50:20 PM »
you act like these numbers are magical and that if his rating were 80% he could make slavery legal again... maybe at 84% he could invade canada

it's a fucking poll, if bush has a terrible idea he's fronting, it's not going to pass if his rating is 4% or 94%

lol... is it possible for you to write something that doesn't make it so obvious that you barely passed high school?

i could post like i was in a special ed class and cut and paste like you do

you could enroll in a few special ed classes they might help you.

Thirteen

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2005, 12:53:46 PM »
you act like these numbers are magical and that if his rating were 80% he could make slavery legal again... maybe at 84% he could invade canada

it's a fucking poll, if bush has a terrible idea he's fronting, it's not going to pass if his rating is 4% or 94%

lol... is it possible for you to write something that doesn't make it so obvious that you barely passed high school?

i could post like i was in a special ed class and cut and paste like you do

you could enroll in a few special ed classes they might help you.

why? they haven't helped you any...

hey if we start an approval rating for you... since they are so powerful and all persuading....will you shut the fuck up with all your gay posts?

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 01:24:32 PM »
Ant:
Not that you'd understand the complexities of how politics actually work, but politicians need something called political capital to get their job done.  Bush is running out of it which is why he lost the SS security battle

i agree with you on the social security issue, however that battle isn't completely over.  social security, medicare and medicaid will be facing a significant cut in benefits sometime soon.  that's almost inevitable.  whether or not this private accounts idea can fly is another issue altogether, and may be a red herring; simply to get people focused on the fact that social security is in "insolvent" and change is needed.

and why the neo-con movement is becoming marginalized.

the neo-con movement is nowhere near marginalized.  they are calling iraq a success, the insurgency is being portrayed as a dying effort.  they are claiming success in egypt with the elections, in lebanon with syria pulling back the troops and ofcourse in afghanistan.  paul wolfowitz just  got a promotion to president of the world bank.

Low approval ratings will impact his ability to suceed with almost everyone of his upcoming iniatives. The president does not have the right to just do as he pleases, he needs approval from congress and the senate.

foreign policy is an area where the president has the most freedom to act unilaterally; and this is the president that has executed a record number of executive orders to date.  he still has some to operate.  i do agree that his current failings on social security and dismal approval ratings could derail much of his domestic agenda. 
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2005, 02:08:45 PM »
Ant:
Not that you'd understand the complexities of how politics actually work, but politicians need something called political capital to get their job done.  Bush is running out of it which is why he lost the SS security battle

anyways...   are bush and the republicans down for the count? i doubt it. they aren't stupid and they have yet to really start spending a lot of money on promoting their domestic and foreign agenda.  we'll have to wait another year or so to tell which direction things are actually heading in.

i agree with you on the social security issue, however that battle isn't completely over.  social security, medicare and medicaid will be facing a significant cut in benefits sometime soon.  that's almost inevitable.  whether or not this private accounts idea can fly is another issue altogether, and may be a red herring; simply to get people focused on the fact that social security is in "insolvent" and change is needed.

and why the neo-con movement is becoming marginalized.

the neo-con movement is nowhere near marginalized.  they are calling iraq a success, the insurgency is being portrayed as a dying effort.  they are claiming success in egypt with the elections, in lebanon with syria pulling back the troops and ofcourse in afghanistan.  paul wolfowitz just  got a promotion to president of the world bank.

Low approval ratings will impact his ability to suceed with almost everyone of his upcoming iniatives. The president does not have the right to just do as he pleases, he needs approval from congress and the senate.

foreign policy is an area where the president has the most freedom to act unilaterally; and this is the president that has executed a record number of executive orders to date.  he still has some to operate.  i do agree that his current failings on social security and dismal approval ratings could derail much of his domestic agenda. 

i'm bettin the neo-con movement gets marginalized during bush's second term. u can't really prove one way or another yet tho.  some say wolfowitz got a promotion, others say he got sent to a less powerful position. that's not the say the world bank isn't an extremely powerful institution, but i'm not entirely sure how much authority the world bank president has. 

the one thing the neo-con movement has going for it tho, is that altho its been mentioned plenty of times, most people really don't know what it is yet, so they really don't know what exactly to oppose or support... the funny thing is the neo-cons were once primarily concerned with making the world a better place for all countries, but it seems like they abandoned that ideology and kicked out the core members that disagreed with their overzealous foreign policy (ie fukuyama).  by choosing iraq as their first target they weakened their agenda.  there is no longer majority support for the iraq war, and the public will certainly be skeptical about lauching another strike against iran, korea, syria, etc.... bushs recent threat to use force again china if they attack taiwan was laughed off by the chinese who realize bush would never acquire the public support to do such a thing... basically the neo-cons and the bush admininstration wasted political capital in iraq and in that regard they weakened, but perhaps have not marginalized their movement.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2005, 11:07:10 AM »
Gallup weighs in on the benefits Bush has bestowed upon the republican party:

The factors contributing to increasing dissatisfaction with the way Bush is handling his job also appear to be causing some Americans to drift toward identification with the Democratic Party, at least temporarily. The poll shows that the percentages of Americans who say they identify "as of today" as either a Republican or an independent are down slightly, from 35% Republican in Gallup's last poll to 32% in this poll, and from 31% independent to 29% independent. Identification with the Democratic Party is up from 32% to 37%. These relatively slight changes do not suggest a fundamental shift in the partisan structure in America today so much as they reflect a more negative mood at the moment toward both the president and his party.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/?ci=15373

if things improve for bush this trend may be nonexistent, but as i've said repeatedly... bush has pushed plenty of people out of the republican party.  i kno at least 4 republicans that left the party because of GWB.... the argument that low approval ratings essentially mean nothing is quite obviously incorrect... there are consquences for supporting a president with horribly low approval ratings as the republican party will begin to find out if things don't improve.