Author Topic: the realest prepares new album....  (Read 150 times)

the realest prepares new album....
« on: March 31, 2005, 09:52:13 AM »
Rapper Tha Realest has become the latest artist to leave Suge Knight’s Death Row Records imprint and recently inked a deal with Omerta Entertainment/Tommy Boy.

The Oakcliff, Texas native said he suffered numerous setbacks while recording for Death Row, including getting shot in front of a recording studio in 1999.

With his release secured, the rapper said he hopes his long awaited debut album Witness Tha Realest will push him to the forefront of Hip-Hop.

"They say: 'good things come to those who wait.' The position I was in at Death Row wasn't right for me,” Tha Realest said. “I didn't always get the due credit I believe I deserved and I finally got out of that deal. I put so many songs on Witness Tha Realest because so many people have been waiting so long for my CD to drop. You won't have to fast forward through any of the songs on the CD.”

The rapper made his debut on the platinum "Gang Related" soundtrack in 1997, under the name Tenkamenin. In 1999 he changed his name to Tha Realest.

His debut album features an all-star cast of Hip-Hop artists, including Fat Joe, Dub C, B-Legit, Aaron Hall, Ritchie Rich, Dru Down, Napoleon, Devin Tha Dude, C-Bo, Swoop G, Val Young, and Kola Locc.

“You're gonna' have to give me an hour and ten minutes of your time when you listen to this CD,” The Realest explained. “I'm not about to give you only three songs worth listening to, $15 is lunch money for a lot of kids. With Witness Tha Realest, I'm a holla at you. I'm going to give you something that you can knock for a while man. Value for your dollar is long overdue in today's music market.”

The first single from the album is "Sumthin Like A Pimp," which features contributions from Devin Tha Dude and Dru Down.

Witness Tha Realest hits stores July 12 on Omerta Entertainment/Tommy Boy.

Source: Allhiphop.com

westkoastanostra

Re: the realest prepares new album....
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 01:18:39 PM »
can't wait! i'ma cop it

ColdManey

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 01:22:18 PM »
I think its funny that a 2pac clone can be called the realest. I heard he got all the same tats and everything as pac. biggest dickrider in the history of the world.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 01:44:39 PM »
I think its funny that a 2pac clone can be called the realest. I heard he got all the same tats and everything as pac. biggest dickrider in the history of the world.
haha i know....he even says the raps that 2pac said ...on the the regime mixtape there's a song where he duz the hook and and he duz the same hook like 2pac did in "bomb first" he's worser than guerilla black...but i'm still gonna cop his shit c how good it is

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 01:45:17 PM »
I think if he got off the 2pac biting thing he's been on he'd be fine. He's from Texas, and you can tell he has that southern twang in his voice, so just cause he has the same type of voice doesn't necessarily mean he is biting Pac.

Some original raps and the CD should be pretty good. I'm kinda surprised he has a couple big names on the bill. I figured it would just be some local Cali shit or a down south mixtape or something.

SpawntaneusC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I pledge aligence 2 the West
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 06:34:12 PM »
the realest is garbage he's a fucking clone like G. Black they should hook up and do "The Best of Both Clones" I can see it now Runnin part 2....chased by the fans
There's a new threat on the west and its about to hit Like the Quake in 94......

Kalloge Entertainment

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 06:37:55 PM »
i like some of his stuff

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 08:06:03 PM »
umm...wtf? didnt Tommy Boy go out of business in like 2000?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"