Author Topic: Hee Seop Choi  (Read 79 times)

Skindiana bon3z

Hee Seop Choi
« on: March 31, 2005, 05:31:30 PM »
ever since Tim Wallach worked with him on his swing, he's had more power.....3 hr's in the last 8 at bats.....I could see him hitting 20-30 hr's this year  8)

Choi's power: A new batting approach suggested by hitting coach Tim Wallach and implemented by Hee-Seop Choi has resulted in two home runs in his past seven at-bats.

"That's my new swing," said a pleased Choi. "Timmy told me, and I'm doing it."

As Wallach explained, Choi formerly would crouch, then rise, as the pitch approached, losing power. Now he stays upright as the pitch approaches and dips slightly while swinging.

"He's catching on to what Timmy's instructed," said Tracy. "We've seen nothing but better at-bats the past four days."

-----------

He hit another homer today against the mets

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hee Seop Choi
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 05:45:01 PM »
lol yea ive posted this in the NL WEST topic.  He was being too selective, good to see hes hitting his stride right before the season starts.  Choi has been unlucky in his major leauge career...with the Cubs he was having a solid year then boom he gets injured and when he was healthy...the cubswere in a playoff race and Dusty Baker and his id rather go with veterans approach for the playoffs took over.  Then with FLA, he was having an extremely productive year with them for the first half then he gets traded to the Dodgers and it seems like he was trying TOO hard and was not productive at all in 62 at bats, which is a small sample size anyway.  20  home runs for Choi is what many sabremeticians project for him.