Author Topic: A thought for the day  (Read 386 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
A thought for the day
« on: April 01, 2005, 08:28:38 PM »
Who is it that has true knowledge of their inner-self? 

Sometimes, the one who talks, talks because he wants to know.  While the one who doesn't talk, knows and does not talk, for to put that knowledge into words, would be like putting the ocean into a drop of water.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

rafsta

Re: A thought for the day
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 06:25:28 PM »
that's deep...

i think i know myself pretty well, but isnt it obvious until you fully mature and grow up you will not know yourself completely ?

rafsta

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 06:27:44 PM »
what is your interpretation of that sentense ?

thats very generalised... i dont know if i agree with it, but it could be true... some people dont talk because they have nothing to say, and some people talk because they have alot of knowledge which they wish to share...

rafsta

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 06:29:04 PM »
wait does it mean for the quiet people they find it difficult to communicate ? when infact they have bulk knowledge they just struggle sharing it ? two lines shouldnt be that puzzling...

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 08:28:27 PM »
All of your replys were totally legitimate.  The 'thought' was not necassarily something to agree or disagree with, and there is no one particular thing your supposed to get out of it.  I just put it up so people could think and ponder on it.

Myself, I get out of it 3 things in particular.

#1.   Most importantly, sometimes, the most beautiful things in life, and our deepest understandings of our own lives, can not always be adequately put into words. 

#2.   Sometimes the people who you find talking all the time about superficial issue's of little value, are talking because they want knowledge of self.  Without realizing it consciously, they are talking because they are searching for something, they are reading the reactions and responses of others to try to learn more about themselves. 

#3.   Sometimes you'll find someone who is very quiet and has little desire to be the center of attention.  Often these are very special people.  Maybe they spend a lot of time by themselves, but they truly love themselves and love being by themselves.  They have true knowledge of self and can be happy just searching within themselves.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 10:15:15 PM »
thats deep man, props, i'm still trying to fully understand it
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

The_One

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 08:57:07 PM »
yah props I enjoy reading things like this.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 09:55:38 PM »
wait does it mean for the quiet people they find it difficult to communicate ? when infact they have bulk knowledge they just struggle sharing it ? two lines shouldnt be that puzzling...

It doesn't mean anything.  It's just a fallacious way to appear deep.  Lemme explain.

The statement is about having 'inner knowledge' or whatever, but the guy saying it, whoever wrote it, whoever came up with this line, is cancelling himself out just by saying it.  He's basically saying that the people who don't speak have the true knowledge, but here he is speaking.  So what's that say about him? And if he doesn't have true knowledge, then why would we listen to him? 

You can do this with ANYTHING.  Here, I'll make up some bullshit.

He who laughs often hides pain... but yet he who is without laughter is most certainly with pain. 

HEY, I'M A GENIUS!

Here, I'll do another one.

The Sun rises in the east, and reflects upon all creation... but it is often easier to reflect upon one's own creation when the sun has retired to the west. 

OOOOH, I"m DEEP!    I'm gonna go start a religion.

Here's one last one, to show I can do three in 1 minute.

Um....

Man struggles to find what will make him complete, but man can only be complete when he no longer seeks to struggle. 

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 12:02:39 AM »

It doesn't mean anything.  It's just a fallacious way to appear deep.  Lemme explain.

What you get out of it depends on your level of consciousness.  For you, maybe it was nothing and didn't mean anything.  Come back and read it again in a few years and see if you have a different understanding.  It's not a huge deal, if you don't get anything out of it, then you don't get anything out of it, no problem, it was just there, some people will benefit, some won't.

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 03:20:03 AM »
the answer is this...you're the wrong part in the equation infinite.. as usual you're trying to pick the "better" option..  but the answer itself depends upon context.

you already put bias into your question. its plain to see you think the quiet person is more clever. you're saying the person who asks doesnt know and saying the person who doesnt ask knows lots.

trauma pointed out the stupidity in it.

perhaps you havent articulated what you wanted to find out properly.

no one knows everything, no one can know everything. and no one is better than anyone.

my answer is, this is an unanswerable question.

sure one guy has more knowledge. but that has nothing to do with of true knowledge of self.

if you think that the person who knows more knows themselevs better you could be really really wrong.

unless you mean the only knowledge they are seeking is only of self.. in which case the quiet man is more at peace with self..

your problem is you need to stop trying to make "this person better than that person"  either by their skin colour, relgiion or whatever other methods you pick this week to try and work out your place in the world.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 06:13:22 AM »
the answer is this...you're the wrong part in the equation infinite.. as usual you're trying to pick the "better" option..  but the answer itself depends upon context.

you already put bias into your question. its plain to see you think the quiet person is more clever. you're saying the person who asks doesnt know and saying the person who doesnt ask knows lots.

trauma pointed out the stupidity in it.

perhaps you havent articulated what you wanted to find out properly.

no one knows everything, no one can know everything. and no one is better than anyone.

my answer is, this is an unanswerable question.

sure one guy has more knowledge. but that has nothing to do with of true knowledge of self.

if you think that the person who knows more knows themselevs better you could be really really wrong.

unless you mean the only knowledge they are seeking is only of self.. in which case the quiet man is more at peace with self..

your problem is you need to stop trying to make "this person better than that person"  either by their skin colour, relgiion or whatever other methods you pick this week to try and work out your place in the world.

Don't worry yourself over it.  Like I said, some people won't get anything out of it and they will think it's stupid, there's no right or wrong thought that is supposed to come to mind, there's no "hidden agenda".  It's just something to think about or disregard, depending on your own conscience.

Thirteen

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 06:20:15 AM »

The statement is about having 'inner knowledge' or whatever, but the guy saying it, whoever wrote it, whoever came up with this line, is cancelling himself out just by saying it.  He's basically saying that the people who don't speak have the true knowledge, but here he is speaking.  So what's that say about him? And if he doesn't have true knowledge, then why would we listen to him? 

You can do this with ANYTHING.  Here, I'll make up some bullshit.

He who laughs often hides pain... but yet he who is without laughter is most certainly with pain. 

HEY, I'M A GENIUS!

Here, I'll do another one.

The Sun rises in the east, and reflects upon all creation... but it is often easier to reflect upon one's own creation when the sun has retired to the west. 

OOOOH, I"m DEEP!    I'm gonna go start a religion.

Here's one last one, to show I can do three in 1 minute.

Um....

Man struggles to find what will make him complete, but man can only be complete when he no longer seeks to struggle. 

lol you sound like the guy on that stupid Mystery Men movie, the Sphinx

To learn my teachings, I must first teach you how to learn.

He who questions training only trains himself at asking questions

When you care what is outside, what is inside cares for you.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 08:28:33 AM »

What you get out of it depends on your level of consciousness.  For you, maybe it was nothing and didn't mean anything.  Come back and read it again in a few years and see if you have a different understanding.  It's not a huge deal, if you don't get anything out of it, then you don't get anything out of it, no problem, it was just there, some people will benefit, some won't.

Again, your age and intelligence is showing.  It's a simple, simple little 'parable' or whatever you want to call it, and I immediately 'got' what you 'got' out of it, but ultimately, the two sentences you posted don't mean anything, just like the three that I posted don't mean anything.  It's just a clever way of writing about things that are fucking OBVIOUS to anybody with half a mind. 

Sometimes quiet people don't talk.  No shit.  Sometimes the people that talk don't have the answers.  No shit.  Tell me something I DON'T know. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 08:49:33 AM »
^^^Isn't that what poetry is all about? Saying things other smart people realize as well, in a way that provides a certain deep atmosphere and sticks to the mind, in ideal ways even makes recipents think they are intelligent for getting "it"?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 10:06:02 AM »

Again, your age and intelligence is showing.  It's a simple, simple little 'parable' or whatever you want to call it, and I immediately 'got' what you 'got' out of it, but ultimately, the two sentences you posted don't mean anything, just like the three that I posted don't mean anything.  It's just a clever way of writing about things that are fucking OBVIOUS to anybody with half a mind. 

Sometimes quiet people don't talk.  No shit.  Sometimes the people that talk don't have the answers.  No shit.  Tell me something I DON'T know. 

It's not even about knowing something.  You really are hungry to prove to me that you already know everything.  It's not about that.  It's about growth.  For example, when I go to the mosque today for Friday prayer, most likely what the imam says, I've heard it before, in fact, in my prayers I get to select any part of the Qu'ran to read, but along with that, I have to read the same 6 lines over and over, so about 6 lines are mandatory and repeated everytime, then for other parts of the prayer, you can mix it up a little bit.  I already know those 6 lines, I've said them nearly 20 times a day for the last 4 years, so why keep repeating them?  Because when you repeat something enough, and you reflect deeply upon it, it becomes a part of your conscience, and it becomes a foundational aspect of your everyday coming and going, you internalize it and it enters your heart. 

Actually Trauma, I got the perfect literature for your case, it's very new literature, and I think you will be able to relate, I will post it below this post.  If you can suppress your desires, humble yourself, and open your heart, then I think this may aid you in your growth.