Author Topic: Guliani the Greedy  (Read 227 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Guliani the Greedy
« on: April 02, 2005, 02:00:55 PM »

"The head of a powerful House budget panel has called on Rudy Giuliani to return $80,000 he was paid by the S.C. Hospital Association to speak at its tsunami relief fund-raiser here in February.

Rep. Tracy Edge , R-Horry, chairman of the health and human services budget subcommittee, said he was “disappointed” to learn the former New York City mayor had charged the association $100,000 to speak."

Giuliani donated $20,000 of his fee to the hospitals’ tsunami fund, twice the amount recommended, hospital association officials said...... the event raised $60,000 for the Red Cross, which includes the $20,000 from Giuliani.
___

So basically, the caring 9-11 hero, profited 80k from a tragedy of even greater magnitude than 9-11.  On top of that Guiliani actually profited more from this event than the tsunami victims.  The hospital was trying to raise money for the tsunami victims and they ended up raising money for the already wealthy Rudy Guiliani... as I pointed out Rudy made 80k from this, while the charity only earned 60k.  If the point of a charitable event is to make as bring in as much money as possible for a given charity this thing was a complete disaster thanks to Rudy.  The hospital could have just said fuck Rudy, fuck the whole event, and given 100k str8 to the victims.... instead they ran a charitable event whose primary beneficiary was a greedy republican.

Is it possible for high profile modern republicans not to embarass their party... i guess when your party is brimmign with corruption its eventually becomes hard to hide.

Woodrow

Re: Guliani the Greedy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 02:03:38 PM »
twice the amount recommended, hospital association officials said......

How much have you donated???

So you're telling me that the hospital was wrong for paying him the cash to speak, and he was wrong for donating 2 times more than the recommended amount?

I guess the other 40,000 raised from having him speak isn't good either?

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 02:04:56 PM »
this is great, they pay him to be a guest speaker... their fund raiser bombs even though this guy gives more of the money he needed to to this event and it's his fault...

hey next time you want a public speaker, you should get one that attracts crowds

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »

So you're telling me that the hospital was wrong for paying him the cash to speak, and he was wrong for donating 2 times more than the recommended amount?

lol i love these types of posts where you completely expose your stupidity... its a shame you really aren't all that dumb, but your politcal bias really eats away at your intelligence. 

Let's see how much sense this makes: pay Rudy Guiliani 80k to earn 60k for tsunami victims

OR!

Pay Rudy nothing, hold no event, donate 100k directly to Tsunami victims. 

lol Rudy didn't earn anything for these people they could have just given the money directly... i mean lol you really are going to defend his right to collect 100k for a 20 minute speech that is intended to raise money for 100,000 people dying....

lol i'd like to see your reaction if Bill Clinton was going around the country post 9-11 charging 100k per speech to help raise money for 9-11 victims... lol don't even bother trying to argue at this point you fucked up.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 02:11:54 PM »
See the problem is in how American's view success.  Guliani doesn't care about people, but people like him because they consider him to be successful.  Because he is a good businessman.  Most poloticians are just good businessman, who don't care about people, especially those people who were killed in the tsunami, let's be real.  

And Woodrow, let's be real, you don't give a shit about the people of Indonesia and Sri Lanka.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Thirteen

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 02:17:15 PM »

lol i love these types of posts where you completely expose your stupidity... its a shame you really aren't all that dumb, but your politcal bias really eats away at your intelligence. 

Let's see how much sense this makes: pay Rudy Guiliani 80k to earn 60k for tsunami victims

OR!

lol Rudy didn't earn anything for these people they could have just given the money directly... i mean lol you really are going to defend his right to collect 100k for a 20 minute speech that is intended to raise money for 100,000 people dying....

lol i'd like to see your reaction if Bill Clinton was going around the country post 9-11 charging 100k per speech to help raise money for 9-11 victims... lol don't even bother trying to argue at this point you fucked up.

so why get mad at "the republicans" when it was clearly the people doing the fund raising that messed up

and you should also do a science experiement Ant... get on the phone with some local democrats and ask them if they would speak at your fund raiser for $100,000.... i'd be interested in how many of them turn you down

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 02:20:29 PM »

OR!

I love these posts when you don't understand simple principles of business.

He set a price, they paid it. He donated more than he needed. How is it his bad?

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 02:21:13 PM »
And Woodrow, let's be real, you don't give a shit about the people of Indonesia and Sri Lanka.
I care about them more than "Allah" who caused the tsunami.

it is Allah who can create the tsunami and destroy thousands of people in a matter of moments.

Seek Psychiatriatic Help.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 02:23:05 PM by Woodrow »

Thirteen

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 02:28:48 PM »

it is Allah who can create the tsunami and destroy thousands of people in a matter of moments.

LOL fuck

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 02:41:01 PM »

If not the Creator of the worlds and everything in them, then who else was it that caused the tsunami?  Who else, but the Creator of this world had the power to cause a tsunami?

It was not the devil.  The devil has no real power.  When the matter has been decided, the devil will say, "I had no power, nor authority, all I could do was whisper into the hearts of man, and it is man who chose to follow me and set me up as a partner with God, but I am no partner to God".

So what caused the tsunami?  Was it science?  Allah (Arabic for Creator/God) created the science and he is the owner of all the systems of thought and sciences.  This world is submissive to him.  We are submissive to him.  We are bound by the rules of this creation on Earth.  We are bound by the rules of gravity for example.  It is Allah that created gravity, nothing but Allah. 

Allah is the Creator and he the destroyer, these are 2 of his 99 names/attributes.  Allah laid destruction in the tsanami, so that we might reflect upon who is the most powerful in reality, it is not man, it is Allah.  Allah did it for a few possible reasons, so that we might reflect upon his power and majesty, so that he might punish us, or so that he might test us.  This life is a test, and our purpose in this life is to worship Allah, the Creator of the systems of knowledge.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 02:43:03 PM by Mullah Nasrudin »

Thirteen

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 02:42:35 PM »
so i take it the people that got killed in the Tsumani flunked the test?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 02:45:53 PM »

OR!

I love these posts when you don't understand simple principles of business.

He set a price, they paid it. He donated more than he needed. How is it his bad?

all life is not business... there are times when real life problems transcend business needs... putting 100k price tag on your willingness to help out a tragedy involving over 100k deaths is a choice Rudy was free to make, but lets not pretend that it doesn't say just a lil something about his character.

and if you want to talk business... Rudy's business is different than mine or yours.. politicians are supposed to be stewards not profiteers.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 02:48:19 PM by Ant »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2005, 02:46:46 PM »
so i take it the people that got killed in the Tsumani flunked the test?

Not exactly, like I said, there are a few reasons why this event happened, and only Allah knows the whole truth.  First of all, if they died, with their good deeds outwieghing their bad deeds, and if Allah grants mercy upon them, then there is no crying at their funeral, because they are going to a much better place.  Allah can bring death at any moment, and he decided that it was their time to go for one reason or another.  Some of the people that died, it could have possibly been punishment for them, or for us still living, it could have been an example to us displaying that Allah is the most powerful, and it is Allah we should fear and nothing else.  Allah will set up many trials and tragedy's for us on this Earth, as a means to test us, to see who will turn on their heals and who is truly in good conscience, submitting their life to the will of the Creator.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 02:49:04 PM by Mullah Nasrudin »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2005, 03:27:36 PM »
i think its disgusting he should have done it for free in the first place. cherie blair did something similar not so long ago too she was charged £100k for her to speak in austalia for an event which raised £200k. I would really question the charities too for paying out to these speakers they are not spending their money effectively and they have a moral obligation to do not only to those who are suffering but to the donors themselves also. this is why i never donate to charities with high administration costs.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

rafsta

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 06:14:09 PM »
the question is...

would they have raised the 100k withgout this speaker ? or is it solely his fault the money was raised.

the second question is; is it wrong to profit from others tragedies ? the answer: yes.

engletits, you bring up a bad point just to disagree. he didnt donate 20k more, he took 40k from the organisation. so in effect he donated -200%... fucker.