Author Topic: Who can fuck with Ras Kass ??  (Read 725 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who can fuck with Ras Kass ??
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2005, 09:51:50 AM »
I love rassy's music,is it wrong for me to like Jada better (lyrically)???Ive got a question for yall,I named 2 lyricists,Jada & Chace Infinite,why is it that everyone is debating bout Jada & Ras,but not about Chace & Rassy???Personally,I feel Chace is better than both Jada & Rassy.

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2005, 10:28:39 AM »
2Pac was the lyricist with the most impact.

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2005, 10:38:52 AM »
Ras Kass is one of my favorite emcees no doubt. Still I think Pac, Cube in his prime, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Scarface and Rakim were better lyricists. As far as emcees out right now spittin, he's definitely top 10, top 5 maybe.

For those who doubt Ras Kass's abilities, find the track "Seance". That shit is ill as fuck, I keep listening to that over and over. Also check out TV Guide on Van Gogh.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2005, 01:35:45 PM »
topic nr. X in which I have to state that I think Ras is insanely overrated by heads. By far the most overrated artist ever from the west, when it comes to heads.

Hes overrated but not the most overrated of all time in the West when it comes to Hip-Hop heads... His flow if off , the beats he uses are shitty, and overall as a Rapper and Artist hes not that great.

First you said Ras is easily on the top 10 lyrically and then "he's not that great". Not very obvious  ???

Hes not great of a rapper/artist overall. I said hes in my top 10 LYRICALLY. There is a difference...

The_One

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2005, 01:48:49 PM »
Ras Kass is lyrically gifted for real... He is full of alota quoteables I mean we could start a completely different thread and fill that.  To me he is a top tier emcee, maybe the top.  Hes definately one of the unfuckwitables

KavorkianPorkian

• 'G'
  • Too Cute
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2005, 02:13:03 PM »
No One Can Fuck Wit Ras Kass

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2005, 02:21:19 PM »
personaly, ras is lyrical, but, his shit is boring, and not enjoyable... canibus is overated, but id listen to Rip the jacker over any ras album , anyday... rakim is Goat

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2005, 01:12:01 AM »
^^well even if you spit racist shit you could still be the best lyricist coz that aint got nothin to do with whether or not your a dope lyricist. if that were to play in i guess Cube aint a top 10 mc then.......

I disagree. If lyrics are ONLY rhymes for you, then yes. But then, many MCs who lack subject matter, wordplay, methaphors, analogies, apply, etc etc would be awesome lyricists. Esoteric would be one of the greatest ever, and I don't think that is the case. Lyrics arent just rhymes. If the subject matter is off, he can't be the GOAT lyricist. I doubt anyone would call a white racist rapper an awesome lyricist. However, due to extreme double standards people praise Ras as the GOAT though, but I will never ever be one of them.

Canibus, Chino XL ???
They're not even in the same league, come up with something better.

Todays Kool G or KRS isn't seeing Ras today, Cube neither, maybe 10-15 years ago..

exactly, plus his lyrics can be really racist, wrong, taken from books to make him look smart, and also overall they arent even all THAT.

Wrong and taken from books ??  ::)
Since when does being educated being a crime in hiphop, they don't all have to be uneducated illiterate dumbfucks.  :tosser:

I suggest you & Machiavelli take a listen to Soul on Ice, Rassasination, Van Gogh & a couple unreleased tracks, it doesn't seem to me like you've heard more than a few tracks from him, being young isn't a excuse.

First off, I know his albums. Talking about shit I know nothing about is not my thang. I don't know unrealeased shit because his music is simply not impressing me.
Next, it is a difference if you just spit your openly ignorant opinion, or try to spit facts. An ignorant opinion can be off, but not really wrong as such. He, however, tries to spit facts, right things, not just opinions. That's noble, the bad part is that he often spits facts that aren't facts, but lies.
Next, educated? Good. So, it is also great that Canibus is using dictionaries to write his shit, because that makes him educated? If so, I respect your opinion.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2005, 01:38:18 AM »
Canibus, Chino XL ???
They're not even in the same league, come up with something better.

Todays Kool G or KRS isn't seeing Ras today, Cube neither, maybe 10-15 years ago..

exactly, plus his lyrics can be really racist, wrong, taken from books to make him look smart, and also overall they arent even all THAT.

Wrong and taken from books ??  ::)
Since when does being educated being a crime in hiphop, they don't all have to be uneducated illiterate dumbfucks.  :tosser:

I suggest you & Machiavelli take a listen to Soul on Ice, Rassasination, Van Gogh & a couple unreleased tracks, it doesn't seem to me like you've heard more than a few tracks from him, being young isn't a excuse.

Why aint they in the same league  ???
Because you say so

Ras says Canibus is the best Lyricist out there
So go give ya head a wobble  :P

Blood~n~Bone

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2005, 06:23:17 AM »
Yo... only a few cats that CAN MC!
 Ras is 1!, I think Rakim, Chino XL, Planet Asia, Canibis, Black Thought r the closest, oh yeah Crooked I, Juice, and  Supernatural, and of course, ~Rakaa Iriscience are the only cats that can challenge Ras!

Jome

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2005, 11:34:55 AM »
First off, I know his albums. Talking about shit I know nothing about is not my thang. I don't know unrealeased shit because his music is simply not impressing me.
Next, it is a difference if you just spit your openly ignorant opinion, or try to spit facts. An ignorant opinion can be off, but not really wrong as such. He, however, tries to spit facts, right things, not just opinions. That's noble, the bad part is that he often spits facts that aren't facts, but lies.
Next, educated? Good. So, it is also great that Canibus is using dictionaries to write his shit, because that makes him educated? If so, I respect your opinion.

First, you're 16, and you're German.. usually not known for brilliant English.. Ras Kass is probably too complicated for you..
I don't blame you though, I didn't really feel Ras when I was 16 either..
If Ras doesn't impress you, but Eminem usually does, you ARE NOT LISTENING TO THE LYRICS, you're probably more concerned about the beats.
Van Gogh had good beats.  8)

Reading up from a dictionary doesn't have anything with education to do.
Name a rapper that isn't ignorant and doesn't have strange opinions!!  ::)

Because you say so

Yeah, I know you're Stanibus and shit, but Bus isn't on the same level..
And Ras usually raps about things that actually means something, he's not reading up from dictionaries.. he's far more versatile.

Don Seer

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2005, 11:59:32 AM »

i wanna hear a Last Emperor and Ras Kass collab.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2005, 12:39:44 PM »
game shits on ras kass

The_One

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2005, 01:08:40 PM »
game shits on ras kass

:nawty: Bull fuckin shit... maybe only in the beats he gets  :stupid: :eh:... some people's kids...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 01:10:59 PM by The_One »

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2005, 02:44:39 PM »

First, you're 16, and you're German.. usually not known for brilliant English.. Ras Kass is probably too complicated for you..
I don't blame you though, I didn't really feel Ras when I was 16 either..
If Ras doesn't impress you, but Eminem usually does, you ARE NOT LISTENING TO THE LYRICS, you're probably more concerned about the beats.
Van Gogh had good beats.  8)

Reading up from a dictionary doesn't have anything with education to do.
Name a rapper that isn't ignorant and doesn't have strange opinions!!  ::)

Because you say so

Yeah, I know you're Stanibus and shit, but Bus isn't on the same level..
And Ras usually raps about things that actually means something, he's not reading up from dictionaries.. he's far more versatile.

Stanibus WOW your funny
All I said was That Ras said Bis was the best Lyricist.
Fuckin mard arse

And lol U dissin the German guy for not knowing good English
Where the fuck are U from again  ;D