Author Topic: Power 106 Exposes Hov's Rhyme Kleptomania  (Read 847 times)

The Watcher

Re: Power 106 Exposes Hov's Rhyme Kleptomania
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2005, 08:06:57 PM »
like Jay says, he's just givin props when he uses a couple of lines from someone else
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

INOKZ

• 'G'
  • LOOK
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2005, 12:11:25 AM »
like Jay says, he's just givin props when he uses a couple of lines from someone else
Another Excuse.He aint original like Nas?

Diabolical

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2005, 09:48:59 AM »
Nas is way better than Jay in my opinion.

Snoop also "covered" Vapors too.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2005, 10:53:15 AM »
"i say a BIG verse, i'm only bigging up my brother"
NO MORE WAR

bestinthewest

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2005, 01:04:47 PM »
yall buggin - what jay-z did is steal other peoples ideas. in school that shits plagiarism, in the rap game that's biting. straight talk.

ok class, here's an example of giving credit:

"They say sleep is the cousin of death" -Game, "Dreams"
(note he doesn't say Nas wrote it, but he admits he dint write that line)

Fabolous on nearly all of "Can't Deny It"

"Like my nigga D.O.C., no one can do it better" - Dre, "Nuthin but a G Thang"

and on the same tip, and to prove that hov is capable of giving credit, but chooses not to for sum reason:

"Not D.O.C., but similar to them letters, no one can do it better"

how can you possibly say that jay-z is giving credit. hes taking obscure rap verses that YALL might kno abt b/c yall are schooled in the game, but most ppl that buy his CDs dont kno its a BIG verse. Dude is spittin the verse like its his, w/o even shoutin out BIG. do you seriously think that all them whiteboys who know all the words to "give it 2 me" kno that the first fucking lines are straight copied from a biggie track? hes using big's shit w/o credit to sell records.

Tho i dont think that all the instances pointed out on that track were biting, the dude is a rhyme klepto. on the real, get off the man's dick for a minute and analyze the situation objectively. damn yall talk abt grown man shit, think like a grown man. jay-z does have talent (listen to him brooklyn's finest - straight fire), but he is a pathological biter, b/c he knos that good BIG verses sell. 

and btw, when snoop covered lodi dodi, the first shit he says on that track is "this goes out to my nigga slick rick" wtf yo. And production? lol they put the fuckin credits in the booklet dog, theres a whole forum for that shit here. or you could take it to the next level like dre on the let me ride video, straight homage to parliament

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2005, 03:08:34 PM »
all the new rappers are biting jay z

bestinthewest

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2005, 03:40:50 PM »
^^ hahah yea, and the rap consumer ends up with twice recycled shit. see where im goin wit this?

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2005, 10:59:12 AM »
its funny to me how so many cats on here call themselves "hiphop heads" or that they listen to "real hiphop"...if you didnt know jay was doin this shit, then you aint what you claim to be, faggots
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Diabolical

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2005, 12:41:43 PM »
I dont see how Jay Z can say its alright to do it because if a rock band stole a riff and didnt give credit they'd be laughed at but because Jay Z is doing it its alright as he's bigging up big (pun intended).

bestinthewest

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2005, 12:43:22 PM »
^^ tru the rock industry is far more sensitive to this, but then as a genre, hip hop is comparatively a formative stage

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2005, 12:50:29 PM »

like who?  name these rappers.  Jay-z as of today still bites off other rappers' shit, so stop trying to defend the man.  He copies his rhymes from other rappers plain and simple, leave it at that.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Jome

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2005, 02:34:39 PM »

like who?  name these rappers.  Jay-z as of today still bites off other rappers' shit, so stop trying to defend the man.  He copies his rhymes from other rappers plain and simple, leave it at that.

T.I., Foxy Brown, Lil Kim, Shyne, Lil Flip, Sacario, Shells, Talib been quoting some Jay-lines, Clipse, Fabolous, Cassidy, Royce 5'9, Kanye West, Bleek & Siegel the whole State Prop and the whole Dipset been rehashing Jay-lines over and over,  95% of Eastcoast mixtape rappers, that Westcoast dude Sixx John or whats his name, Busta, Snoop Dogg, THE GAME!, 50, Daz, etc. etc.

It would be more interesting to know who's not been quoting or remaking a Jay-line, than who did..
Incorporating quotes, remaking familiar lines and using tracknames as metaphors isn't biting, it's more a hiphop tradition.  ::)

bestinthewest

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2005, 05:41:48 PM »
^^ and incorporating 4 hot bars of another rappers verses (that are obscure to an overwhelming amount of his listenership), w/o shouting them out is what? i mean i can see that this partly stems from jay-z's always cocky demeanor which would prevent him from showing respect, but fuck it then he has to face the music (no pun intended) when he steals ppls rhymes. dont kid urselves. homage is waaayy different then biting, and it would be a damn shame if biting became a tradition. and again, remember that not everybody has the same amount of hip-hop knowledge that yall do, and its his popular, not esoteric, appeal that moves millions of units.

hes smart enough to not to do this, theres no excuse....it almost makes me believe in the whole theory abt jay's inferiority complex to big/nas  ::)

805Cyclone

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2005, 09:30:42 PM »
Jay-Z is over rated.

Jome

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2005, 10:49:46 AM »
^^ and incorporating 4 hot bars of another rappers verses (that are obscure to an overwhelming amount of his listenership), w/o shouting them out is what? i mean i can see that this partly stems from jay-z's always cocky demeanor which would prevent him from showing respect, but fuck it then he has to face the music (no pun intended) when he steals ppls rhymes. dont kid urselves. homage is waaayy different then biting, and it would be a damn shame if biting became a tradition. and again, remember that not everybody has the same amount of hip-hop knowledge that yall do, and its his popular, not esoteric, appeal that moves millions of units.

Uhh, yeah, incorporating Biggie quotes and rephrasing Slick Rick makes Jay able to sell MILLLLLLLLLIONS of records.  ::)
It's a slick, more clever way of paying homage, without having to spell everything out for the listener like the listener is some kind of retard.

When I hear a recycled/rephrased line, I think "Damn, where did I hear something similar to that before..." and I start thinking and backtracking..
And then when I finally get it, I be like "That's nice, showing respect to Run DMC, Slick Rick, Kool G, Biggie" or whoever.. it's brainfood.

The LEAST intelligent way to give shoutouts or pay homage, is lines like "It's nuthin like a G thang, like I'm Doctor Dre", "I sip that Gin & Juice like my name was Snoop", "I got hoes in different area codes, like I'm Luda or Nate", "I'm known to Regulate, like I'm Warren G"...
Unless you're collabing with the artist you're shouting out on the same track, lines like that sound moronic.. 95% of rappers does it.