Author Topic: EMINEM hosting Girls Gone Wild  (Read 165 times)

UPINSMOKETOUR

• Muthafuckin' OG
EMINEM hosting Girls Gone Wild
« on: August 08, 2002, 06:02:58 AM »
Here's more from MTVNEWS.COM. He's been equally praised and criticized for his wild tone in the studio, at home and on the streets, and now Eminem is involving himself in yet another wild and titillating venture — Slim Shady will be the host of an upcoming "Girls Gone Wild" video.

A spokesperson for Eminem's label said that "Girls Gone Wild" is filming during the Anger Management Tour, and a source on the tour said a shrink-wrapped "Girls Gone Wild" bus and film crew have been following Eminem for the past two weeks and will continue to travel with him until the end of the trek.

The crew has been shooting Eminem fans removing their tops backstage and on the "Girls Gone Wild" bus. And Eminem's been more than an innocent bystander — according to the source, the Detroit MC has been part of the action, and is being filmed talking to the wild girls and doing voiceovers.

The resulting video will likely be called "Girls Gone Wild: Eminem" and will be released sometime in 2003, a spokesperson for "Girls Gone Wild"'s parent company, Mantra Entertainment, said.

"Girls Gone Wild: Eminem" will be the second artist-assisted video to be released by Mantra Entertainment. "Girls Gone Wild Doggy Style," which features Snoop Dogg with ladies at this year's Mardi Gras in New Orleans, will come out in September (see "Snoop Dogg Asks Mardi Gras Women To, Uh, You Know ...")

This was in the New York Post (page six column) today. Its also up at there web site (nypost.com). I don't know why Em would do this but I will definetely check it out. He was in town for the Jones Beach show btw and did this in his free time. Anyway:

EMINEM is throwing his lot in with voyeuristic video phenomenon "Girls Gone Wild." The ribald rapper is the newest host of the home video series, in which libertine lasses are persuaded to flash their breasts for the camera. Eminem and "GGW" founder Joe Francis hit the Hamptons beaches last weekend to film some exhibitionist East End-ettes, and then flew back to the city on Francis' Lear Jet to gape at the strippers at Privilege in Chelsea. Francis, 29, tells Chaunce Hayden's Steppin' Out magazine that rappers like Eminem and Snoop Dogg are uniquely qualified to host the videos. "I think the hip-hop community is very sexual and edgy," he declared. "They don't seem to have a problem with us or our content." Francis revealed that both Mark McGrath and Tommy Lee inquired about the hosting gig, but were turned down. "Who cares about Tommy Lee?" Francis snickered. "We only want the best of the best. That's why we got Eminem." Asked if he ever tires of ogling breasts, Francis said: "I don't think that's possible . . . I swear, every time I see a naked girl, it's like seeing my first!"

www.mtv.com