Author Topic: Paul McCartney's first solo album...worth checking out  (Read 110 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Paul McCartney's first solo album...worth checking out
« on: April 11, 2005, 07:36:59 PM »
I came across Paul McCartney's first solo album after leaving The Beatles. Incredibly enough, besides just singing by himself without his 3 comrades. He plays every instrument, wrote every song and sang every note (besides his wife supplying a few harmonies). There are some great songs, and a few excellent complex instrumentals. One of the most famous songs, and one of my faves on it is Maybe I'm Amazed. I happen to have it on my computer and would like for all to check it out:

http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2HM7V8KX95BKK32U1AJC8XDU3Y

If you like it I recommend checking the album out.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re: Paul McCartney's first solo album...worth checking out
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 01:06:43 AM »
thanks for the hook-up!
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 07:39:10 AM »
Yeah, it's a good album.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 11:56:26 AM »
lol, ironic thing is, like i dunno, 2 weeks ago i posted i was gonna check some of their solo shit out, and i downloaded a bunch of shit, 1st i heard "i got my mind set on you" by harrison, and got addicted, cause i knew the song, just never had it, and like yest or 2 days ago, i was listen to the paul songs i had, and i was like damn, he sings this, its such a famous song and i never knew, its dope as shit btw

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 03:50:39 PM »
lol, ironic thing is, like i dunno, 2 weeks ago i posted i was gonna check some of their solo shit out, and i downloaded a bunch of shit, 1st i heard "i got my mind set on you" by harrison, and got addicted, cause i knew the song, just never had it, and like yest or 2 days ago, i was listen to the paul songs i had, and i was like damn, he sings this, its such a famous song and i never knew, its dope as shit btw

Yeah, it's definetly a famous song but not well known who does it. It's become a favourite of mine. Harrison's solo work is great as well. An album I would recommend you checking out (if you haven't already) is Cloud Nine. That's a great album.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris