Author Topic: U2 is just amazing  (Read 585 times)

Doggystylin

U2 is just amazing
« on: April 09, 2005, 10:42:47 AM »
I saw them live here in Los Angeles at the Staples Center last tuesday and it could possibly be the best concert I've been to. They are so energetic and crazy. I mean I was a U2 fan before the show but after, I even have more respect for them now, Bono had some deep things to say in between songs, about the world, mankind, science, doctors, even hollywood and LA which he showed much love to.

So yesterday I went to tower records and all their cds were on sale for 7.99 to 9.99, and since I only had All That You Can't Leave Behind and How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, I decided to get some of their older stuff. So I got Joshua Tree, War, and Achtung Baby. What can I say....amazing, U2 is possibly the greatest. They've been goin for 25 years and still great as or even greater.

Another thing thats crazy, you wanna know how big U2 is? They can do 6 shows in a row in one city and have them all sold out (stadiums) and then do a couple shows an hour or so away and come back to that same city and do a couple more shows. I am not kidding you, take a look at their tour dates. They do atleast 3-4 shows in each city. They do like 10 shows in the new york area. Oh and they made around 200 mil just on presales for this tour, and its not even that big of a tour, how crazy is that.

Sikotic™

Re: U2 is just amazing
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 10:53:25 AM »
Yeah man. Only have their last 2 albums. I know there other stuff is good too, but I keep forgetting to check it out.

Their music always puts me in a good mood.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 10:58:15 AM »
i only like old u2 stuff, and i personally really dont like bono, he jjust really iritates me, but i cant deny their old, (joshua tree) , stuff is awesome... and at concert, i was watchig a video in class, it just further prooves my point that bono is a douche

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 12:40:04 PM »
I got respect for what Bono does, but I can't say I'm a fan.

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 12:54:28 PM »
oh yeah brad pitt was at the show,lol, bono shouted him out during the show because they started this "one" organization together to help end poverty or something along those lines.

MANBEARPIG.

Re: U2 is fagotty
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 06:40:39 PM »
I hate U2 because they try to be relevant when they are nothing more than mediocre rockers who think their longevity gives them the right to be uptight self-righteous  douche bags and can speak out to make a difference Fuck U2!

*and no I've never listened to them and I cant say I have an opinion on their music, just them as people.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 11:31:42 PM »
Comon, I know theres more U2 fans.

ctark

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 04:55:23 AM »
U2 fan here
Mom is a HUGE fan... so i've been around it since i was born. Joshua Tree is easily the best album. They are all good. I'll admit i dont like their newer stuff compared to the old. They are no doubt the GREATEST rock band ever. Bono is a billionaire by the way.. lol..

Also notice on some of the older CD's. Producer:Jimmy Iovine

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 06:27:28 AM »
They are no doubt the GREATEST rock band ever.
hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahah
not even in top 15...

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »
Yeah man. Only have their last 2 albums. I know there other stuff is good too, but I keep forgetting to check it out.

Their music always puts me in a good mood.

You have their worst 2 cd's. 

Trauma-san

Re: U2 is fagotty
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 11:07:30 AM »
I hate U2 because they try to be relevant when they are nothing more than mediocre rockers who think their longevity gives them the right to be uptight self-righteous  douche bags and can speak out to make a difference Fuck U2!

*and no I've never listened to them and I cant say I have an opinion on their music, just them as people.

that's kind of my feelings on them, but I wouldn't call them mediocre.  The rest is great, LOL.

Their music is pretty good, especially the older stuff.  Stuff like "Rattle & Hum" and "Achtung Baby" and "The Joshua Tree", and even "Boy" are pretty good.  Their album "War" is good, too.  I loved "Zooropa", and "Pop", but after that they went down hill big time. 

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2005, 01:38:42 AM »
As far as their music, I don`t feel it at all. Bono is a mediocre singer at his best, and most of the music hasn`t a single slight of funk in it.
I agree that many things that Bono says has a big douche mark written all over it, specially when he speaks about politics and changing the world bla bla bla

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 05:57:53 AM »
I got respect for what Bono does, but I can't say I'm a fan.
yeah...i´m pretty far from it actually, dunno, i could never get into U2...not that i wanna say they´re bad except Bono as a singer doesn´t impress me alot

ctark

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2005, 07:13:07 AM »
Album sales and longevity says they are the  best rock band ever. They arent like some who play the same over and over again. They keep coming with hits after all these years. They have changed their style more than 3 times and did it sucessfully. You listen to EVERY album to truely see how they grew as a band. You say they arent even in the top 15. You must be going by US popularity. But they sell out around the world. They have probably the BIGGEST world following of ANY rock band ever in history. Doesnt matter where you are. They sell out.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2005, 10:43:44 AM »
No, if u2 is the best rock band ever , im commiting suicide