Poll

Do you believe that 2Pac is the greatest of all time, even now?

Yes
52 (69.3%)
No
23 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: 2Pac - Greatest of All Time  (Read 1281 times)

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Over rated
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2005, 07:18:58 PM »
IMO, Tupac is the most over-rated rapper of all time! An MTV documentary said that Tupac attended a NY "acting" school before he made it big. Also, he was a backup "dancer" with the digitial  underground. Tupac did stuff to show out and was no different from your typical wanna be hard n gangsta rapper. Maybe it was the Deathrow documentary or something else - anyway it said that after Tupac was in jail for that sodomy case, no one wanted to sign him or be associated with him. He was a laughing stock in some industry circles until Suge signed him. He was just another Shyne at that point. Think about it, Tupac's All EyeZ on Me would not have blown up like it did if it wasn't for the radio friendly and dope California Love. That song, incidently, was stolen from Chronic II which was one of the reasons for Dre's departure from Death Row. If Tupac hadn't have had California Love, his album wouldnt have been so successful and probably would have sold only like 2 - 3 M copies or on par with his other releases. What would have been the first single off of that album if it wasn't california love, 2 of America's Most wanted? Niggaz, please.  His sudden death only "hyped" the gangsta image that he portrayed. Whenever any artists suddenly dies, there in an increase in interest and record sales. Certianly in the rap game, this only led people to believe Tupac was a gangsta and for real. That's the reason for the rushed Makivelli album after his death. Any classics on that CD? not really.Hail Mary, maybe, but it's not considered a classic of played like California Love. Hell, Brenda's Got a Baby gets more play now than Hail Mary. The rest of the Tupac cd's have been avg at best and none of them are considered classics. Some hardcore fans dont want to let Tupac go. On a side note, I was a jr or sr in high school and met Tupac and his entorage at the airport. He just got off a plane while we were waiting for ours. Mind you I was only 16 or 17, but I was bigger & taller than Tupac. He was small in person and I think that I could have given him a good one on one fight at that age. Artistically over time, there are others who are better than Tupac, starting with Too Short, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, Eminem, 50 cent, etc.
^hahahahaa! ... That was a good laugh ... I haven't had one in a long while. Now kill yourself for your
complete and utter stupidity, come back resurrected, listen to pac from 92-96, then tell me he is not at least in the three of all time just to be completely fair since people have different tastes. If you still don't get it then just drive off a cliff and don't come back for goodness sake. 
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Sikotic™

Re: 2Pac - Greatest of All Time
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2005, 07:21:50 PM »
I think as of 2005, Pac had the most complete package in terms of rapping. There's a little bias since I'm a big fan of his, but that's how I feel.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

node

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2005, 07:34:29 PM »
I believe that maybe one day in a long time, we'll see an artist that tops 2Pac.. but for now, it's always going to be close , but never tops

50 cent is a fairly new artist. anyone that even thinks for a second that 50 cent has got somethin on 2Pac, is a retard

You might as well go ahead and say Ja rule is goat too then

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Re: 2Pac - Cant C Me
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2005, 10:13:46 PM »
Cant C Me, why was All Eyez on Me considered a classic? Why was that album so much more successful than Pac's prior releases? Do u think Dre had anything to do with that???!! What so called "classics" have been released since Tupac's death? Nigga, use your head and look at the facts.

What classics have been released since 2pac's death???  r u still down? and an under-rated album until the end of time.  And shut your gay ass up about Dre helping Pac, Dre only made 2 beats for Pac on AEOM Cali Love and Can't C Me, AEOM still would have sold as much as it did and still would have been a straight up classic.  2nd, how can you judge 2pac's new albums when he is dead, he has no word on how it would come out or anything, instead you got Eminem producing his album and making Pac look like a joke.  And last, Faggot use your head and look at the facts before Pac's death all his shit was dope, your argument is based on his new shit being released
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

madkilla

• 'G'
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2005, 01:38:14 AM »
whenever the subject comes up regarding Pac being the G.O.A.T. people are always quick to say he was a weak rapper.  yes, in techincal terms Pac may not have been a great freestyler and may have not used catchy metaphors all the time, but Pac was a poet at heart.  he wrote songs that had meaning and he brought feeling and emotion in his rhyme delivery.  he had an educated artistic side and a thugged out street side.  his songs range from "brenda's got a baby" & "keep ya head up" to "california love" & "i get around"...2 sides of the spectrum; simple westcoast thuggin to spin in the club and deeper songs that make one think.  as far as i'm concerned he wrote and spoke some of the the truest shit out there.   he is a household name which is more than i can say for Kool G. Rap or Rakim...and please don't take that the wrong way, i am a big fan of them also, but by the time Pac peaked their time had come and gone.  Power of the Dollar was a great album, but now 50 cent makes mindless repetitive rap thats marketed to sell to the kiddies.  his lyrics have steadily declined over the last year and he needs to stop mumbling, his charisma on the mic has diminished, but i guess that happens when your not hungry anymore.  and of course i have to bring up Biggie.  Biggie was a great rapper and is also a household name, but how can you be the G.O.A.T. if you only have 2 albums under your belt.  If you count Makaveli-7DT Pac had 6 albums released to Biggie's 2.  Pac definitely has enough going for him to be considered the G.O.A.T., posthumous albums filled with crappy production should not discredit his previous efforts.  those are just my thoughts, peace!!!!  8)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 02:17:08 AM by madkilla »

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2005, 03:28:52 AM »
Pac is the G.O.A.T
No one comes even close.

Mr.Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2005, 03:43:56 AM »
what the fuck i read here, camon, 2Pac sold so much records because his name, period. AEOM it's still the rap classic that sold more because 2Pac made it, not Dre, not Snoop, not Daz, not Death Row, just 2Pac, camon, Dre helped Pac? man fuck it, without the extraordinary pac verse on cali love, that track with dre's flow will be avg..it's just 2pac, from 2paclypse to makaveli, self made millionare, without the help of nobody.

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2005, 04:32:20 AM »
Pac is the G.O.A.T
Rakim = dope as fuck but overrated

Elevz

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2005, 05:25:11 AM »
This thread ended up being more interesting than I thought it would be. 2Pac as the GOAT, it's been said often before here, but I still think dude is heavily overrated. People are acting like he was Jesus himself, reincarnated in the body of a black rapping male. He sure had some meaning, he sure was a great rapper. He died at the right time, that's basically what turned him into a legend. Hell, people would have considered Eminem to be a legend, if he died near the end of 2000.

I'll actually agree with icebergslim on most of what he says, no matter how controversial it seems to most of you. Pac sure was overrated - he probably died at his career high. That's helped a lot, imagine if Rakim would have died in 1992 just after completing "Don't sweat the technique". Imagine if Pac lived to see 2000. He probably would have fell off, releasing R&B tracks and all that. People would have said Ra was the GOAT, people would have complained about how Pac fell the fuck off. It's all about timing. Rakim is still alive and he hasn't been up there for years. Pac died at his career high. Does that definately make him the greatest?

The greatest of all time... It's just hard to define that. Pac sure is way up there, along with a few others. However, Pac doesn't outshine the others. Biggie was a better story teller, Biggie had better lyrics, Biggie had a better flow. Pac had better content for his songs. Pac put more emotion to his tracks. Then there's people like Nas and The D.O.C. or Eazy-E, Ice Cube... All are up there, none of them are perfect, none of them outshine the others. Is there even a G.O.A.T? I don't think so.

acbaylove

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2005, 07:50:20 AM »
Easly.

wcsoldier

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2005, 08:33:33 AM »
This thread ended up being more interesting than I thought it would be. 2Pac as the GOAT, it's been said often before here, but I still think dude is heavily overrated. People are acting like he was Jesus himself, reincarnated in the body of a black rapping male. He sure had some meaning, he sure was a great rapper. He died at the right time, that's basically what turned him into a legend. Hell, people would have considered Eminem to be a legend, if he died near the end of 2000.

I'll actually agree with icebergslim on most of what he says, no matter how controversial it seems to most of you. Pac sure was overrated - he probably died at his career high. That's helped a lot, imagine if Rakim would have died in 1992 just after completing "Don't sweat the technique". Imagine if Pac lived to see 2000. He probably would have fell off, releasing R&B tracks and all that. People would have said Ra was the GOAT, people would have complained about how Pac fell the fuck off. It's all about timing. Rakim is still alive and he hasn't been up there for years. Pac died at his career high. Does that definately make him the greatest?

The greatest of all time... It's just hard to define that. Pac sure is way up there, along with a few others. However, Pac doesn't outshine the others. Biggie was a better story teller, Biggie had better lyrics, Biggie had a better flow. Pac had better content for his songs. Pac put more emotion to his tracks. Then there's people like Nas and The D.O.C. or Eazy-E, Ice Cube... All are up there, none of them are perfect, none of them outshine the others. Is there even a G.O.A.T? I don't think so.
great post. I agree with u on most points. Same thing about Biggie (it's even worse coz he only had 2 albums before his death). The only thing I disagree with u  (and with others) is "he's overrated". For me this word means nothing coz as soon as  we talk too much about a mc, everybody can say that. So he means all mcs who are and were on the spotlight  are overrated (today it's often true but back in the days I doubt)

node

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2005, 10:02:10 AM »
whenever the subject comes up regarding Pac being the G.O.A.T. people are always quick to say he was a weak rapper.  yes, in techincal terms Pac may not have been a great freestyler and may have not used catchy metaphors all the time, but Pac was a poet at heart.  he wrote songs that had meaning and he brought feeling and emotion in his rhyme delivery.  he had an educated artistic side and a thugged out street side.  his songs range from "brenda's got a baby" & "keep ya head up" to "california love" & "i get around"...2 sides of the spectrum; simple westcoast thuggin to spin in the club and deeper songs that make one think.  as far as i'm concerned he wrote and spoke some of the the truest shit out there.   he is a household name which is more than i can say for Kool G. Rap or Rakim...and please don't take that the wrong way, i am a big fan of them also, but by the time Pac peaked their time had come and gone.  Power of the Dollar was a great album, but now 50 cent makes mindless repetitive rap thats marketed to sell to the kiddies.  his lyrics have steadily declined over the last year and he needs to stop mumbling, his charisma on the mic has diminished, but i guess that happens when your not hungry anymore.  and of course i have to bring up Biggie.  Biggie was a great rapper and is also a household name, but how can you be the G.O.A.T. if you only have 2 albums under your belt.  If you count Makaveli-7DT Pac had 6 albums released to Biggie's 2.  Pac definitely has enough going for him to be considered the G.O.A.T., posthumous albums filled with crappy production should not discredit his previous efforts.  those are just my thoughts, peace!!!!  8)

THIS GUY is absolutely right. Got it right on the dot.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2005, 02:22:36 PM »
this thread is hilarious

R.I.P. 2Pac  (THE G.O.A.T.)
NO MORE WAR

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2005, 02:58:45 PM »
2pac is underrated in mainstream rap, i dono what the fuck youre talking about. How often does a pac song get play on MTV?
Fuck anybody who disagrees with that, pac is the greatest

Jome

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2005, 03:11:43 PM »
I see the overrating of Pac gets bigger by each day passing.  :-\