Poll

Do you believe that 2Pac is the greatest of all time, even now?

Yes
52 (69.3%)
No
23 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: 2Pac - Greatest of All Time  (Read 1284 times)

node

• Lil Geezy
2Pac - Greatest of All Time
« on: April 09, 2005, 02:15:54 PM »
VOTE PEOPLE!

I don't know if something like this has been posted before, maybe it has....

Anyway, I really think 2Pac deserves the title of greatest of all time... I know everybody has different tastes and likes and what not, but come on... 2Pac was fuckin deep man. I know there are artists that "come close" to 2Pac, but i really think 2Pac tops it all.. I know there are artists that were before his time, but I still think that during the short time he was here, he outshined everyone..

Just listening to his lyrics and the meaning of it, what he stood for... It's amazing man.
Listening to his interviews, the things he said, everything. It's hard to explain, that's how deep 2Pac was to me.

Nobody is ever going to forget 2Pac, he will forever be in our hearts.

"U Can be touched"

« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 02:20:21 PM by node »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2Pac - Greatest of All Time
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 02:54:18 PM »

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 02:54:45 PM »
yes threads like these have been started before and yes I believe 2pac is the best of all time without a doubt.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 02:55:53 PM »
ahh knuckles stop joking, no one can take that serious

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 03:00:13 PM »
yes threads like these have been started before and yes I believe 2pac is the best of all time without a doubt.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 03:11:28 PM »
He's not the greatest in my eyes,seriously,the dude's overrated.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 03:22:45 PM »
ahh knuckles stop joking, no one can take that serious

Your posts are something no one can take seriously.
Rakim the greatest ever?  That's no joke.

2Pac on "Old School":
I came through the door, said it before...
That was the SHIT!

'Pac knows what's up.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 03:24:24 PM »
It's either Rakim or 'Pac

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2005, 03:25:21 PM »
In my eyes, he is the G.O.A.T. Perhaps not from a technical point of view, but for me 'pac was just more than that!

davida.b.

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 03:29:03 PM »
2pac is overrated. The real GOAT is Kool G Rap.

Mr.Dirty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005, 03:31:50 PM »
GOAT

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 03:43:03 PM »
Tupac Shakur is G.O.A.T. period. End of the discussion.

Rakim is 2nd but is far from pac.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2005, 03:53:40 PM »
IMO Pac is the greatest.

Rakim is on the same level though. The God influenced all the GOAT contenders (Pac, Big, Nas, Jay). That tells you something. Same with KRS. I wouldn't have any arguments if anyone put those two as GOAT.

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2005, 04:18:40 PM »
Tupac Shakur is G.O.A.T. period. End of the discussion.

Rakim is 2nd but is far from pac.

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
Over rated
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2005, 04:26:07 PM »
IMO, Tupac is the most over-rated rapper of all time! An MTV documentary said that Tupac attended a NY "acting" school before he made it big. Also, he was a backup "dancer" with the digitial  underground. Tupac did stuff to show out and was no different from your typical wanna be hard n gangsta rapper. Maybe it was the Deathrow documentary or something else - anyway it said that after Tupac was in jail for that sodomy case, no one wanted to sign him or be associated with him. He was a laughing stock in some industry circles until Suge signed him. He was just another Shyne at that point. Think about it, Tupac's All EyeZ on Me would not have blown up like it did if it wasn't for the radio friendly and dope California Love. That song, incidently, was stolen from Chronic II which was one of the reasons for Dre's departure from Death Row. If Tupac hadn't have had California Love, his album wouldnt have been so successful and probably would have sold only like 2 - 3 M copies or on par with his other releases. What would have been the first single off of that album if it wasn't california love, 2 of America's Most wanted? Niggaz, please.  His sudden death only "hyped" the gangsta image that he portrayed. Whenever any artists suddenly dies, there in an increase in interest and record sales. Certianly in the rap game, this only led people to believe Tupac was a gangsta and for real. That's the reason for the rushed Makivelli album after his death. Any classics on that CD? not really.Hail Mary, maybe, but it's not considered a classic of played like California Love. Hell, Brenda's Got a Baby gets more play now than Hail Mary. The rest of the Tupac cd's have been avg at best and none of them are considered classics. Some hardcore fans dont want to let Tupac go. On a side note, I was a jr or sr in high school and met Tupac and his entorage at the airport. He just got off a plane while we were waiting for ours. Mind you I was only 16 or 17, but I was bigger & taller than Tupac. He was small in person and I think that I could have given him a good one on one fight at that age. Artistically over time, there are others who are better than Tupac, starting with Too Short, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, Eminem, 50 cent, etc.