Poll

Do you believe that 2Pac is the greatest of all time, even now?

Yes
52 (69.3%)
No
23 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: 2Pac - Greatest of All Time  (Read 1294 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 2Pac - Greatest of All Time
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2005, 04:31:56 PM »
^^^hahahahahaha

HK Mofo

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005, 04:34:06 PM »
The greatest what?  He wasn't that gr8 cuz he wasn't smart enough to keep his career moving on.

It's ez to get caught up in "what could have been."  What he did was good.  Some of it was damm good. 

Tupac is dead.  Enjoy his old trax now and then.  AND.  Move the FK on.

New life.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Re: Over rated
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2005, 04:39:37 PM »
IMO, Tupac is the most over-rated rapper of all time! An MTV documentary said that Tupac attended a NY "acting" school before he made it big. Also, he was a backup "dancer" with the digitial  underground. Tupac did stuff to show out and was no different from your typical wanna be hard n gangsta rapper. Maybe it was the Deathrow documentary or something else - anyway it said that after Tupac was in jail for that sodomy case, no one wanted to sign him or be associated with him. He was a laughing stock in some industry circles until Suge signed him. He was just another Shyne at that point. Think about it, Tupac's All EyeZ on Me would not have blown up like it did if it wasn't for the radio friendly and dope California Love. That song, incidently, was stolen from Chronic II which was one of the reasons for Dre's departure from Death Row. If Tupac hadn't have had California Love, his album wouldnt have been so successful and probably would have sold only like 2 - 3 M copies or on par with his other releases. What would have been the first single off of that album if it wasn't california love, 2 of America's Most wanted? Niggaz, please.  His sudden death only "hyped" the gangsta image that he portrayed. Whenever any artists suddenly dies, there in an increase in interest and record sales. Certianly in the rap game, this only led people to believe Tupac was a gangsta and for real. That's the reason for the rushed Makivelli album after his death. Any classics on that CD? not really.Hail Mary, maybe, but it's not considered a classic of played like California Love. Hell, Brenda's Got a Baby gets more play now than Hail Mary. The rest of the Tupac cd's have been avg at best and none of them are considered classics. Some hardcore fans dont want to let Tupac go. On a side note, I was a jr or sr in high school and met Tupac and his entorage at the airport. He just got off a plane while we were waiting for ours. Mind you I was only 16 or 17, but I was bigger & taller than Tupac. He was small in person and I think that I could have given him a good one on one fight at that age. Artistically over time, there are others who are better than Tupac, starting with Too Short, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, Eminem, 50 cent, etc.

dude you're a fuckin idiot and that goes for anyone else who thinks the same.  Pac is the G.O.A.T. his music speaks for itself
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
Re: 2Pac - Cant C Me
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2005, 04:44:52 PM »
Cant C Me, why was All Eyez on Me considered a classic? Why was that album so much more successful than Pac's prior releases? Do u think Dre had anything to do with that???!! What so called "classics" have been released since Tupac's death? Nigga, use your head and look at the facts.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2005, 04:47:30 PM »
IMO, Tupac is the most over-rated rapper of all time! An MTV documentary said that Tupac attended a NY "acting" school before he made it big. Also, he was a backup "dancer" with the digitial  underground. Tupac did stuff to show out and was no different from your typical wanna be hard n gangsta rapper. Maybe it was the Deathrow documentary or something else - anyway it said that after Tupac was in jail for that sodomy case, no one wanted to sign him or be associated with him. He was a laughing stock in some industry circles until Suge signed him. He was just another Shyne at that point. Think about it, Tupac's All EyeZ on Me would not have blown up like it did if it wasn't for the radio friendly and dope California Love. That song, incidently, was stolen from Chronic II which was one of the reasons for Dre's departure from Death Row. If Tupac hadn't have had California Love, his album wouldnt have been so successful and probably would have sold only like 2 - 3 M copies or on par with his other releases. What would have been the first single off of that album if it wasn't california love, 2 of America's Most wanted? Niggaz, please.  His sudden death only "hyped" the gangsta image that he portrayed. Whenever any artists suddenly dies, there in an increase in interest and record sales. Certianly in the rap game, this only led people to believe Tupac was a gangsta and for real. That's the reason for the rushed Makivelli album after his death. Any classics on that CD? not really.Hail Mary, maybe, but it's not considered a classic of played like California Love. Hell, Brenda's Got a Baby gets more play now than Hail Mary. The rest of the Tupac cd's have been avg at best and none of them are considered classics. Some hardcore fans dont want to let Tupac go. On a side note, I was a jr or sr in high school and met Tupac and his entorage at the airport. He just got off a plane while we were waiting for ours. Mind you I was only 16 or 17, but I was bigger & taller than Tupac. He was small in person and I think that I could have given him a good one on one fight at that age. Artistically over time, there are others who are better than Tupac, starting with Too Short, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, Eminem, 50 cent, etc.

wow your offically a moron....50 cent,Too Short, Em, Dr. Dre better then Pac pleaseeee. ::)

Sales have nothing to do with being overated or underated. He was a laughing stock in the industry in till Suge signed him??? What about 'Me Against the World' you idiot, one of the most emotional albums ever recored.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2005, 04:51:46 PM »
2pac was ahead of his time. Rappers have come and gone and can still come and go but there will never be another 2pac.

R.I.P. To the Greatest Rapper of All Time

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2005, 05:05:20 PM »
50 Cent artistically better than Tupac? HAHA! Now I've heard it all. When 50 can make an emotional track like "Dear Mama", a conceptual track like "Me N My Girlfriend", a political song like "White Man'z World", social commentary like "Papa'z Song" then come back and make an argument. Too $hort is dope but come on dude is so repetitive and hasn't said anything new since 1987. Dre can't rap but I agree production is always evolving. Eminem is the only case you got.

Most Pac fans don't give a shit about his gangster image. "Dear Mama" and "Keep Ya Head Up" are his fans most favorite tracks, you can check the poll on this site. And sales dont mean shit. If All Eyez On Me went gold I think most hip hop fans would still consider it classic. Just like how Illmatic, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, etc. are still considered classics although not exceptional sales.

P.S. Pac's last three albums have been considered classic by most hip hop fans, not only his die-hard fans.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 05:14:36 PM by WestCoastVeteran »

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2005, 05:17:36 PM »

wow your offically a moron....50 cent,Too Short, Em, Dr. Dre better then Pac pleaseeee. ::)

Sales have nothing to do with being overated or underated. He was a laughing stock in the industry in till Suge signed him??? What about 'Me Against the World' you idiot, one of the most emotional albums ever recored.

that's what the Welcome to Death Row Documentary or whatever one it was said. Labels weren't beating down the jail to sign Tapac. The lablel execs and other artists said no one wanted anything to do with Tupac at that point of his career. WTF? one of the most emotional albums ever recorded? Oh ok...KC and Jojo have recorded some emotional albums. Lenny Williams put out an emotinal love song. Mariah Carey's Emotional Album was more emotional than tupacs so called emotional album! WTF? Emotional...did u cry or something when you listened to Me Against the World?

Dude, 20 years from now, you will be like these Elvis fans, holding candle light vigils and researching "elvis" sightings. I stand by my comments that Tupac is the most over-rated rapper of all time.

Like you said, record sales mean nothing, so that's whay I consider the legendary pimp Too Short to be greater than Tupac. Eazy-E was better than Tupac. Bushwick Bill  is a better rapper than Tupac. The D.O.C. was a better rapper than Tupac. These artists may not have sold better than Tupac, but they had some originality and style. Again, Ice Cube didnt' sell half the records as Tupac, but he had more meaning and style to his shit that Tupac. Imagine if Ice Cube had Dre producing singles for him back in the day? Dre may not as flow as well as Tupac, but he has done more musically than any rapper in the game and Dre is a rapper! Dre transcended Rap from his days with NWA to the present with his work for 50 cent, Eminem and Game. There is more being to a rapper than getting shot and claiming thug life like Tupac did. Hard core fans keep tupac alive, but I've moved on to bigger and better rappers and music. Tupac was dope back in 1996, but this is 2005 homey.

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2005, 05:24:25 PM »

P.S. Pac's last three albums have been considered classic by most hip hop fans, not only his die-hard fans.

Are you smoking weed right now? Loyal to the Game, Tupac Live and that CD with Thug Mansion are considered rap classics???? Give me some of that shit you are smoking! A classic is like the Chronic, Doggystyle, Death Certificate, Straight Outta Compton, etc. I would strongly disagree thta most of today's hip hop fans consider anything off of Tupac's last three cd's to be classics! Most of today's hip hop fans are into 50 cent, Eminem and that shit MTV plays. Hell, Ludacris has had more classic songs since Tupac's last three releases. So has Lil Jon!

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2005, 05:26:30 PM »

Are you smoking weed right now? Loyal to the Game, Tupac Live and that CD with Thug Mansion are considered rap classics???? Give me some of that shit you are smoking! A classic is like the Chronic, Doggystyle, Death Certificate, Straight Outta Compton, etc. I would strongly disagree thta most of today's hip hop fans consider anything off of Tupac's last three cd's to be classics! Most of today's hip hop fans are into 50 cent, Eminem and that shit MTV plays. Hell, Ludacris has had more classic songs since Tupac's last three releases. So has Lil Jon!

I don't count his posthumous released kiddo. I'm talking about ME AGAINST THE WORLD, ALL EYEZ ON ME, MAKAVELI.

And I agree with you every single Pac album after his death has been lackluster. He had no creative control which brought down the quality plus they changed all the beats, plus all those songs were throwaways.

Also can you breakdown how you think 50 Cent is better artistcally than Tupac. Just curious.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 05:29:01 PM by WestCoastVeteran »

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2005, 06:06:05 PM »
i dont know if he is the greatest of all time or not but he became part of my top ten in 94/early95 when he was still alive.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2005, 06:15:27 PM »
Okay, just ignore Icebergslim. He's just one of those people who know 2pac was the G.O.A.T. but just want to be on the 'fuck pac hes overated' bandwagon because most people consider him G.O.A.T. and many of his fans now are 14 year old girls who have only heard his last Posthums albums, California Love and Changes. He thinks that being different makes him cool, unique and correct.

"Me Against the World" is argubably the one of the most emotional Rap albums ever made. Stop being a smartass... I didnt cry but I could feels pac's emotion.

PS: LMAO at 50 Cent being better then 2pac  ::)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2005, 06:30:05 PM »
lmfao, Too Short,  Dr Dre, Eminem, 50 cent? get the fuck outta here

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2005, 06:48:28 PM »

fuck u bitch ass mothafucka.i cant say pac or anybody else is the greatest of all time but pac is one of da greatest.his music speaks for himself.and iceberg who da fuck says dat pac's last album is loyal to the game dats not him dats some weak shit made by eminem to make money.how da fuck can u say dat 50,luda,lil jon and eminem are better than pac.if i were u i'll bust a cap in my ass.u so fuckin stupid.get da fuck out of dis forum.50 is not even in pacs league.50 and em r good but their not in pacs league.we cant compare them to pac or to anybody else dats a legend in da business.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2005, 07:13:20 PM »
IMO Pac is the greatest.

Rakim is on the same level though. The God influenced all the GOAT contenders (Pac, cube, Nas, ). That tells you something. Same with KRS. I wouldn't have any arguments if anyone put those two as GOAT.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion