Author Topic: The problem with democracy  (Read 198 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
The problem with democracy
« on: April 10, 2005, 02:58:15 AM »
Innefficient regimes which have no clear vision especially in the long term, they are also still corrupt. a single party state or dictatorship can provide much better value for money and won't suffer from short termishm caused by elections every few years.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 03:01:20 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Re: The problem with democracy
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 03:02:06 AM »
Yes it is still corrupt. It is impossible to have a government that is not corrupt. Democracy works for the U.S. but it doesnt mean that it will works for others.

Diabolical

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 10:21:16 AM »
It doesnt really work for the US though does it.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 12:14:21 PM »

democracy does work, is it 100% effective? no but i think the U.S. is a prime example at democracy working at its finest and that's being the most powerful nation
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 12:18:09 PM »
Innefficient regimes which have no clear vision especially in the long term, they are also still corrupt. a single party state or dictatorship can provide much better value for money and won't suffer from short termishm caused by elections every few years.

so you want to live in a dictatorship or a single party state? therefore you're very ignorant and that's that.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 01:33:44 PM »
no i'm just discussing the drawbacks of democracy and the good points of undemocratic regimes, both are corrupt just one has more scutany and the other is way more effective when power is not being abused.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

mauzip

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 01:42:09 PM »
Oh ok, my bad :cheers:

Democracy has its pros and cons. Pure democracy doesn't work, but it's always better than a dictatorship.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 09:22:34 PM »

democracy does work, is it 100% effective? no but i think the U.S. is a prime example at democracy working at its finest

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 11:18:56 PM »
you're very ignorant and that's that.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 11:36:06 PM »

???

I will say this, I'd rather live in a democracy than a dictatorship, a single party democracy or anything else you can imagion. Even though my side is down, I can at least express myself and question the government's directions.

The problem with Democracy is not whatever you mentioned, it's people blindly following the government because a democracy is meant for educated people to vote and to hear all the sides and then decide what they want. I am questioning a 2 party Democracy right now, because I think there are not enough sides heard and enough point of views express. But in the U.S. culture we like to justify all wins because it was over 50% or a majority. So our culture is about 2 parties, and that's cool. But I am not someone that thinks Democracy is failing, if anything I think we need more parties and more views with a higher educated population.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 10:39:01 AM »
erope is alot more developed in that way because we have more parties in our governments however it can have its drawbacks depending on how you see it because they can often lead to coalition governments which could potential compromise key issues. In britain this is not the case we have 3 major parties but effectivly its on faught between labour and the conservatives for ruling power.

Think of the government if it were more like a business and the population is the board of directors the current system you vote the government in and out every 3 to 5 years regardless if they're doing a good job or not. I think governments would be run more effectively if you only vote people off when someone is fucking up or not doing the things you wanted them to do, this would make it easier to maintain relationships, perfect their field, reduce uncertanty and make a more effective stable cheaper government. Lets face it we need to slim down these days because we need to do all we can to try and compete with the east.

The_One

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 11:40:59 AM »
[KRS-One] Class in session. What, is, democracy?
[student] Yo it's the rule of the people. The self rule.
[student] It's what the people want!
[Krs] That's right. But is this a democracy?
Nah, democracy is a goal to be attained.
[Krs] That's right. The character of the people should be reflected
[Krs] in the laws and the institution of the state.
Psssh, I don't see my character reflected!
[Krs] Tell me

not that I dislike democracy... just like the quote

Diabolical

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 11:26:55 AM »

democracy does work, is it 100% effective? no but i think the U.S. is a prime example at democracy working at its finest and that's being the most powerful nation

The only things it does is keep the poor people down and the rich even richer. If you think just because you are allowed to vote that it is working then you are seriously wrong. America has the highest ratings of everything it should not have for the money it makes.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 01:18:42 PM »
terms like "democracy" cannot be thrown around and applied at will.

in some countries, the last fuckin thing they need is democracy. In some countries, thats the only thing that will keep them afloat.

Look at Pakistan for example. That country is better off without being a democracy,
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll