Author Topic: Dr Dre giving up production credits???  (Read 399 times)

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
Dr Dre giving up production credits???
« on: April 16, 2005, 10:17:38 AM »
For those of you in the know, has Dr Dre ever given production credits to someone else? Before the Massacre came out, there was a pre track listing that Dre produced both Disco Inferno and Candy Shop. Even some news items I found on the net said both tracks were produced by Dre. They sound like classic Dre tracks if you ask me! Even on that MTV special, 50 cent said that Disco Inferno had a different beat, 50 wanted to use another beat, sent it to dre. Dre fixed the drums and according to the album credits, Mike Elizondo added some keyboards to it. At the least, dre should have been given co-producer status, but he is only listed as mixer? Anyone heard the original disco inferno version compared to the final version? On a side note, 50 said Dre didnt do enough for his cd, but Dre sure as hell did a lot of mixing for the Massacre that added that dre touch! All of 50's hit singles were mixed by Dre! Go figure! I did hear that Truth Hurt's Addictive was really produced by Dre, but given credit to Dj Quik or so Quick said during an interview I read.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

Re: Dr Dre giving up production credits???
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 10:23:35 AM »
when did 50 say dre didnt do enough for him on his album?? you could tell candyshop was a dre beat the first second you heard it

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 10:30:47 AM »
when did 50 say dre didnt do enough for him on his album?? you could tell candyshop was a dre beat the first second you heard it

Spice, whenver that game shit blew up. I think he was on the radio in NY and complained that he could never get studio time with Dr Dre since he was working with Game all the time and other people. He said he loved Dre but if this cd didnt sell well, he would just be a Shady artist and not a Shady/Aftermath artist and that his next cd would be a double cd freeing him from his Aftermath contract. I'm pretty sure I read that report on this site and elsewhere. I hope it wasn't a fake interview like the others that were posted during that game/50 cent beef.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 10:33:37 AM »
^^kind of 50 said he was seperated from everyone else because he was worknig with game so much and he said he would leave aftermath if dr dre took games side in their argument, not if massacre didnt sell to well.

newayz im sick of 50 being praised when is whole career is based on beefs and yukmouth disses some people and gets called a bum.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 11:10:45 AM »
I think Dre obviously produced "Let's Play House" and "Smooth" on Dogg Food, but gave the credit up to Daz. 

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 11:24:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure when Dre left Death Row, he said he was going to be giving everyone fair production credits on his new label, unlike what things used to be like with Death Row. I don't think Dre would randomly give credits to Daz, Dangerous LLC or Scott Storch, if they weren't really the main producers of the tracks.

Maybe it's just Dre's mixing techniques that give the songs a typical Dr. Dre sound?

soopa-man

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 11:47:19 AM »
I think Dre obviously produced "Let's Play House" and "Smooth" on Dogg Food, but gave the credit up to Daz. 

"Smooth" was produced by:DJ Pooh, not Daz or Dr.Dre....and Daz production sounds different because Dre mixed his shyt, listen to "All Eyez On Me", DJ Quik mixed Daz's beats on there and they sound more simple just clean and more crisp with the bassline and hi-hats, effecs, sounds....

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 02:10:20 PM »

Lets play house- obviously

but I think he produced "respect"
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 04:01:52 PM »
Yeah, my bad.  Those are the two I was talking about.

"Lets Play House" and "Respect" I think Dre produced on Dogg Food. 

soopa-man

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 04:27:03 PM »
Daz was producing heat then! he produced heat after too! he is now making some beats aswell
T.I. "My Life" is dope as hell!

I see why you would say that but if this was the case why would Daz insist Dre not be involved in the production of this album? Why would Daz only let Dj Pooh produce on the album, everyone knows Dre did produce alot of songs with Tha Dogg Pound for this album, i mean it was only Dre and Daz producing for the album at first, if you look at the production credits in the booklet alot of people were involved Soopafly was Dre's (go to) Keyboardist at the time, and Dre did MIX the shyt out of the album, also Dre and Daz's beef also started when Dre wouldnt except all of Daz's material for the album, he would be hard on on every artist (like he isnt now) about Songs for the album, that's why every song is flawless production wise, but Dre was on his way out of the label TOO, Dre was unhappy when they were recording "Murdre Was The Case" soundtrack he said so himself, thats why he didnt have songs out (at the time) except for "Keep Their HEads Ringin" im not saying at all that Daz did this shyt by himself i know that BUT Dre did not produce on this album..."California Love", "Cant C Me" were for "Dogg Food" and were for other projects he had before those two albums too, so you can see Dre wasnt really giving a fuck about Death Row thats why he barely recorded there...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 04:31:20 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. That Xzibit track "Multiply" gotta be a Dre beat.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 04:32:54 PM »
but aint no way in hell Dre produced that garbage "Candy Shop" or "Disco Inferno"

newayz im sick of 50 being praised when is whole career is based on beefs and yukmouth disses some people and gets called a bum.

THANK YOU!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2005, 04:59:32 PM »
well he passes his drum patterns on to eminem, which kinda explains how eminems drums have been gettin alot mo dope recently, i remember back when he was useless with a drum machine, his shit sounded nasty, but he got gettin better.......

i doubt dre givin up production credits at this stage in his career, im sure cats get guidance when making beats which sound similar to his from time to time with producers whos affiliated to him, but nah.........multiply or candyshop dont sound like dre beats and disco inferno is a lil soft for still for dre production