Author Topic: Xbox 360 before Xmas  (Read 167 times)

Thirteen

Xbox 360 before Xmas
« on: April 14, 2005, 08:22:01 AM »
i like the price tag on it already... $250 - $299

Analysts: 3 million Xbox 360s shipped by Xmas

Goldman Sachs says it expects Microsoft's next-gen console to arrive in force this year--perhaps as early as October--for under $300.
With the unveiling of the next-generation Xbox on the horizon, doubts that the console will not arrive this year are steadily evaporating. Any lingering uncertainty was further dispelled today when the online edition of Forbes reported that top-flight investment firm Goldman Sachs "expects" the console to arrive in time for the 2005 holiday season.

According to Forbes, Goldman Sachs is predicting that the next-gen Xbox, now increasingly referred to as the Xbox 360, will "be available for retail sale in October or November at a retail price of about $249 to $299." Goldman says it "expects" Microsoft to have shipped around 3 million units by year's end and reiterated its "outperform" rating for Microsoft Corp. stock, which closed at $25.32 today.

Goldman Sachs' predictions were backed up by another high-profile analyst's report. "We expect Microsoft to announce a release date for the next-gen Xbox in the October/November 2005 period," said Boris Markovich of TerraNova Institutional.

In the same report, Goldman Sachs said it does not see the PlayStation 3 appearing on US store shelves until mid-2006. The company predicted that an earlier launch--sometime in the first calendar quarter of 2006--in Japan is likely.

By Curt Feldman -- GameSpot

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Xbox 360 before Xmas
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 08:45:53 AM »
tight to hear, the only thing that sucks about comin out with a next gen console comin out so early is that usually the newer ones come out with newer technology but i guss xbox is trying to pull a ps2

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 10:47:04 AM »
dope  8)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 04:37:11 PM »
tight,if it stays at that price i might cop one around christmas time,need to see tha launch titles first tho

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 05:38:15 PM »
it's supposed to have Perfect Dark Zero, and they think The GodFather... i forgot what other launch titles they expect

Perfect Drak Zero should alone be worth getting the system... you can't go wrong with the company that made golden eye for the 64 and free creativity

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 03:07:30 PM »
i think its way to fast to launch another consol already for xbox.....didnt the xbox just come out???.....anyway just my two cents and also it better be backwards compatible if it wants to keep fans.....im more of a ps2 fan anyway but i like sonys style better of releaseing consols like every 5-6 years makes more sense to me

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 06:48:14 PM »
cool

Matty

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 07:15:27 PM »
if it launches with perfect dark zero with online capability i really fear for the competition. i'm a massive nintendo fanboy but rare make sick sick games when they want to. goldeneye was the shit and they've been working on this follow up to perfect dark ever since the original dropped on the n64. its gonna be the best console fps without a doubt if it really comes out. forget halo cause a new perfect dark really will make halo look like a pile of crap, without a doubt.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 07:21:11 PM »

Perfect Drak Zero should alone be worth getting the system... you can't go wrong with the company that made golden eye for the 64 and free creativity

ho...lee...shit  :o

that game was awesome..i havn't found another game like that since i played it on n64...killing all those bots over and over agian..was sweet..multiplayer was the best
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Thirteen

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 07:43:28 PM »
i also odn't like the idea of buying a new system when the systems out now haven't even been fully realized... back in the day, hear the end of a system, they would always drop that one last game the pushed the power of the system and was a must get title

Killer Instinct for SNES
Final Fantasy VII for PS
Perfect Dark for 64

but then if you look at it from a technology stand point... the cycle of a computer is it gets out dated every 6 months... it's been 4 years since xbox came out.... imagine having a computer with all 4 year old parts... my one comptuer was 2 years and i had to scrap it because it couldn't keep up.

lastly...Perfect Dark 0 is gonna be the shit... i would still play the original if the graphics weren't all fucked up... easily the best multiplayer console game... the singleplayer story was good, it was Co-op... the weapons were the best group of weapons i've ever seen in a game (ping pong grenades, false guns that were mines...) and playing against those bots on Perfect was a fucking challenge...i can't wait for this game

BAY_BOY_408

• 'G'
  • 07 MVP
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 09:32:06 PM »
FucK AN X-BOX!! I'D RaTHER JUST WAIT THE EXTRA HALF A YEAR OR YEAR FOR THE PS3!! IM DAMN SURE YOUR GONNA GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH WITH SONY!! AS THEY PROVED THAT WITH the oriGiNAL PS...PS2...PSP...AND NOW THE PS3!! MY ADVicE...JUST WAIT...aND IF YOU CAN..BUY 2 PS3's AND SELL ONE OF DEM MUTHA FUCKAS ON E-BAY...CUZ PS3 GONNA BE hOTT!!