Author Topic: Who agrees that football sucks these days?  (Read 158 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Who agrees that football sucks these days?
« on: April 15, 2005, 10:57:03 AM »
First is started with that horrible champions leauge final between milan and juventus.a very interesting match  ::)
Then next year we had another fucking wierd champions leauge with monaco and porto playing the final,both of them playing very deffensive football
Then Euro 2004 happened.another trageday of football.greece with like 2 shots on goal per game,won!and the whole cup was very boring.only 2,3 good games like netherlands and checzs.
and this year?chelsead defeats barcelona with another super wack game,shooting only once in first game and even that was an own goal.not to mention all the bullshit that happened.then we had lpool and juve.another disaster.boring boring boring.

so i ask myself.is there any hope for more offensive football,like in the good old times?i really hope so

Elevz

Re: Who agrees that football sucks these days?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 11:07:38 AM »
You're making it sound like suicide is the only way out?

I bet it's not all that bad... You're just thinking back of the good games from the past, and you forgot the bad games. There have always been bad games, I don't really think it was better back then.

Jome

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 11:09:27 AM »
Gotta say Premier League is getting a little too corporate, with Chelsea buying up every top player walking around in 2 shoes..
I heard they got £50 mill + to spend just this summer.. and that Gerrard is already a done deal. Fucking Russian oil barons. :-\

Haven't really been following CL, but I think the next World Cup will be really interesting, after the somewhat strange Euro 2006.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 11:19:13 AM »
I don't think so, last year's NFL season was good, it didn't suck.

But this other football you speak of, which I call futbol, does suck. The World Cup is going to be great though, Ronaldhino is going to show the world he is the b e s t.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 11:27:53 AM »
You seem to be looking at just the poor games, in last seasons CL chelsea & arsenal had good games, and this season the 2nd leg of the Barca/chelsea game was an entertaining attacking game, also in Euro 2004 there were attacking games, think of the Dutch Czech Republic group game.  Of course some teams will play more defensive its always happened in football, and always will, Greece done what they had to do & it worked good for them, no all teams can play free flowing attacking football as they just don;t have the players to do this.

Just look at the 2 games that Barca & Real Madrid have played this season & that should say that entertaining attacking football isn't over & that football doesn't suck yet

You could say that if a game is attacking and goals are being scored that football  still sucks as the defenders don't do their job correct, but perhaps that would sound like a pundit on the TV

Bomb-A®

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 11:36:59 AM »
i dont understand this thing about offensive footbal.....clubs from different countries have different styles.....english clubs are attck minded with a fast pace.....italian clubs are defense minded that choose to score on the counter attack.....and lately the latter is succeeding.....five yrs ago english and spanish clubs were dominating.....so wtf is all the fuss about??? for me its a beautiful thing to see a strong defense keep a strong offense out

peace

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 11:46:29 AM »
You seem to be looking at just the poor games, in last seasons CL chelsea & arsenal had good games, and this season the 2nd leg of the Barca/chelsea game was an entertaining attacking game, also in Euro 2004 there were attacking games, think of the Dutch Czech Republic group game.  Of course some teams will play more defensive its always happened in football, and always will, Greece done what they had to do & it worked good for them, no all teams can play free flowing attacking football as they just don;t have the players to do this.

Just look at the 2 games that Barca & Real Madrid have played this season & that should say that entertaining attacking football isn't over & that football doesn't suck yet

You could say that if a game is attacking and goals are being scored that football  still sucks as the defenders don't do their job correct, but perhaps that would sound like a pundit on the TV

well said
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 10:05:03 AM »
AZ will win the UEFA Cup this year. What's the problem exactly?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 10:06:49 AM »
yeah and fuck AZ

go Ajax ;D