Author Topic: LeBron James and the Play Offs  (Read 1008 times)

acbaylove

LeBron James and the Play Offs
« on: April 17, 2005, 02:26:51 PM »
8. Cleveland 40-40
x. New Jersey 39-40

You gotta be kidding me!! Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana with all its problems, and shit maybe New Jersey will make the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference and the guy supposed to be "the next/better than" Jordan, with a teammate like All Star's Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a pretty good team surrounding him.. he can't carry his team ahead those wack teams to reach a Play Offs spot?

What's wrong with him? Should we only blame the teammates? Cause damn, you all dissed the fuck out of Kobe for the Lakers not making the Play-Offs, and Lakers have just 1 All Star player instead of 2, and they play in the Western Conference instead than in the Eastern one. Reading your comments it looks like LeBron is 10x better than Kobe and like LeBron is the future. Facts are that Melo carried his team in the Play Offs twice and LeBron is risking to do a 0-2 in the wackest Conference!

x. L.A. Lakers  34-45 (but they just dont care no more, so they're keep loosing..)

They aint that far away.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Re: LeBron James and the Play Offs
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 03:23:16 PM »
he's ok team player, he just can't make the others around him better, like Jordan did
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 03:39:20 PM »

acbaylove

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 04:08:07 PM »
he's ok team player, he just can't make the others around him better, like Jordan did

I'm not questioning his skills, but the "making the others around him better" quality.
I know Shaq is the n.1 in the League in it.
Nash and Kidd are great too.
Lebron?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »

I'm not questioning his skills, but the "making the others around him better" quality.
I know Shaq is the n.1 in the League in it.
Nash and Kidd are great too.
Lebron?

LOL....he's 20!! The only bad thing Lebron has done is set his bar too damm high. Last year, people were seriously doubting if he'd even average a good 10-12 points a game. The stats he's puttin up are better than most 25 and 30 year olds in the game. The coaching and all else has to be present for a team to do good. The team havin good players alone isn't enough. Jordan didn't learn how to make his team better until he was 28 or so. Lebron is doin an amazing job right now for his age, and he has still made players around him better. They were doin real good, but with all the drama goin on behind the scenes as far as coaching and ownership goes, it's hard for a team to keep doin good. Also, he doesn't have much experience, and he is still not as clutch as he'll need to be. Give him a chance to succeed, don't knock him this early.

acbaylove

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 05:00:11 PM »
I'm not knocking him this early, i really think he got game. But i think media hyped him too much without knowing if he's really a winner or if he's just another Tracy McGrady. "He's still 20!", that's the thing i'm keep reading as the excuse. Ok, but he wasnt even 20 when he was selected for the All Star game. He wasnt even 20 when he was selected to play in the Olympic US Team, returning home with no-golden medal. He wasnt even 20 when he signed that monster contract with Nike. So fuck age! If he's 20, then we should consider him like a good promising 20 years old guy.

Melo was 19 when he won the NCAA and he was 20 when he carried Denver over his shoulders last year, till the Play Offs. And he's doing it again at 21.
Wade was 22 when he carried Miami over his shoulders last year, advancing in the Play Offs. He's 23 now and he'll probably win his first ring.
Kobe was 23 when he first won a ring. Then 24. Then 25.
Magic was 19 when he won the NCAA and he was 20 when he won his first title playing Center. Then he was 21. 22. etc..
Bird was 24 when he won the title.

Etc..

ecrazy

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 06:13:58 PM »
IM STILL 19!! AND I AINT A MILLIONAIRE LIKE THESES PUNKS, aLL THEY DO IS SHOOT A BALL IN A BASKET, DAMN IM JEALOUS!!!

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 06:18:55 PM »
8. Cleveland 40-40
x. New Jersey 39-40

You gotta be kidding me!! Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana with all its problems, and shit maybe New Jersey will make the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference and the guy supposed to be "the next/better than" Jordan, with a teammate like All Star's Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a pretty good team surrounding him.. he can't carry his team ahead those wack teams to reach a Play Offs spot?

They aint that far away.

Do you know how long it took MJ to get Chicago in the playoffs?  Let alone win a first round series?  Gimme a break man, this has nothing to do with comparing the 2 players....Plus LeBron is still only 19 or 20 now and Jordan didnt enter the league until he was 23.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 06:23:21 PM »
LOL...hahahahhahahah..

*pause*

LMAO AT MELO CARRYING HIS TEAM..get the fuck out of here with that bullshit..lmao antonio...Melo aint doing shit, look at HIS TEAM, they got a better supporting cast for melo than they do in Cleveland..and the coach is better. Cav's changed their coach like 15 games ago? Jesus, I thought you knew shit about basketball antonio...lol, guess i was wrong

He's fuckin 20 years old, averaging 27 points, 7.2 assists, 7.2 rebounds, which is fuckin insane, I think Jordan had a 25,7,7 just once in his career....PLUS LEBRON is A 475% shooter, 3rd in the nba with steals....

From the games i've watched this year from the cav's...its that they die in the 3rd Quarter..then make a 4th quarter come back..and sometimes end up short

Lebron has another few years to win the NBA championship. Im thinking the way Cleveland is, he probably wont win a title till he's 27-28, then if they get the right cast, i can see Lebron winning a couple of more. I still believe they'll make the playoffs.

Oh BTW....Lakers are 13-17 vs the east..Cavs are 16-14 versus the West  ;D ;D ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 12:26:36 AM »
Ya'll Kobe marks crack me up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 01:02:51 AM »
^^LOL...I don't understand...Kobe's playing for basically an expansion team with an assistant coach leading them who not only have 0 stars (other than Kobe), but have currently been playing without their second best player (Odom), and have been missing players throughout the season (Deavan George, Vlade Divac, Brian Grant, Kobe Bryant, Jumain Jones, Chris Mihm... shit, they've all been injured.)...Now on the other hand, you have LeBron James, a superstar with another superstar on his team and a good supporting cast who's been dubbed the next Michael Jordan and is already being called better than Kobe when he ain't even on Carter status...They both aren't making the playoffs, but only one is being hated on...Am I the only one who can see?

acbaylove

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 01:31:34 AM »
LMAO AT MELO CARRYING HIS TEAM..

HAHAHAHAHAH OK i wrote it just to provoke you all! ;D ;)

acbaylove

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 01:47:22 AM »
^^LOL...I don't understand...Kobe's playing for basically an expansion team with an assistant coach leading them who not only have 0 stars (other than Kobe), but have currently been playing without their second best player (Odom), and have been missing players throughout the season (Deavan George, Vlade Divac, Brian Grant, Kobe Bryant, Jumain Jones, Chris Mihm... shit, they've all been injured.)...Now on the other hand, you have LeBron James, a superstar with another superstar on his team and a good supporting cast who's been dubbed the next Michael Jordan and is already being called better than Kobe when he ain't even on Carter status...They both aren't making the playoffs, but only one is being hated on...Am I the only one who can see?

That's exactly what i mean. Like i said dude got game. He's probably the closest thing to Jordan ever existed at 19. But my point is that he still gotta prove everything in his career. He still gotta prove me he can carry a team over his shoulder in the last 10 games of the season (Cavs are 3-7 in the last 10). He still gotta prove me he can get other teammates involved when he's not shooting well (4th in the league for turnovers). He still gotta prove me he can take all the responsabilities of a defeat like a real leader should do (i wanna see his interview the day it will be official he'll not make the Play Offs). He still gotta prove me he can play with another superstar in his team without being jealous and without beefing with him (it's too easy to be the 1st and 2nd and 3rd star in you own team!). He still gotta prove me he can play the Play Offs. He still gotta prove me he can win an International competition against European teams who actually defends 10x better than they do in the NBA. He still gotta prove me he aint a bluff. Maybe he will do it. That's what i wish him. But right now he's just a very talented SG who's still in the process of learning how to play in the NBA. Nothing more. I'd put Reggie Miller over this dude all day all night.

acbaylove

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 04:47:35 AM »
Oh BTW....Lakers are 13-17 vs the east..Cavs are 16-14 versus the West  ;D ;D ;D

Both are in the same situation of Toronto, New York, Milwaukee, Orlando, Charlotte, Atlanta, Minnesota, Portland, Utah, Clippers, Golden State & New Orleans. No. Worse. Cause they'll have less chance to get a good draft pick. That's the saddest truth!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 04:49:48 AM by Antonio »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 05:29:41 AM »
The team is just not getting its stuff together at the moment, it is that simple. Coaching problems and shit. Garnett doesnt make the playoffs neither, and look at the change Denver made when the coach has been exchanged. Cavs were #2 of the EC for a long ass time. Now they barely make #8. Denver was horrible before Karl and has been the best team in the NBA since Karl came. A good coach can't change the potential of a team and its players, which Cavs don't lack, but he can make them to get their fucking shit together, and this  is what the current Cav staff isnt doing right now. I still think they make the playoffs. Toronto isnt too tough to beat. Fucked up though, if they had #6, they would play vs Boston which would be really easy, compared to Detroit or Miami. First round out in 4 games vs. Miami, that's my prediction.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin