Author Topic: LeBron James and the Play Offs  (Read 1007 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: LeBron James and the Play Offs
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 05:40:57 AM »
The team is just not getting its stuff together at the moment, it is that simple. Coaching problems and shit. Garnett doesnt make the playoffs neither, and look at the change Denver made when the coach has been exchanged. Cavs were #2 of the EC for a long ass time. Now they barely make #8. Denver was horrible before Karl and has been the best team in the NBA since Karl came. A good coach can't change the potential of a team and its players, which Cavs don't lack, but he can make them to get their fucking shit together, and this  is what the current Cav staff isnt doing right now.

Ok so now i know why the Lakers didnt make the Play Offs. Thank God i'm happier now. We just miss Phil.

With a better coach, like Phil, Lakers should really have been able to make at least fucking spot 8. The problem is not that they didnt make it, the problem is that they won the western conference finals last year and now they are a plain joke. That's not to blame on the coach. But with Phil, they would have made the playoffs I think. Not being a contender or a feared them or anything to that degree, far from it. But at least make the playoffs and lose every game in round 1, that would have been realistic.

I still think they make the playoffs. Toronto isnt too tough to beat. Fucked up though, if they had #6, they would play vs Boston which would be really easy, compared to Detroit or Miami. First round out in 4 games vs. Miami, that's my prediction.

Man right now they are out the Play Offs. It's all up to New Jersey now. If they win they in. Game over.

Oh shit youre right   :o  :( :-\
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 05:49:01 AM »
Shit i've deleted my last post. Well you quoted it, so it's ok.

With a better coach, like Phil, Lakers should really have been able to make at least fucking spot 8. The problem is not that they didnt make it, the problem is that they won the western conference finals last year and now they are a plain joke. That's not to blame on the coach. But with Phil, they would have made the playoffs I think. Not being a contender or a feared them or anything to that degree, far from it. But at least make the playoffs and lose every game in round 1, that would have been realistic.

I agree. But look, the problem is that people forgot Lakers changed 10 players out of 12 this year. It's not the same team of last year less Shaq. It's totally a new team with 10 new players. A new PG, a new SF, a new PF, a new C, 6 new bench players, a new coach, another new coach replacing him. That's why i disagree with all this hating on Kobe. Not even Jordan was able to make the Bulls a contender team with 10 new players from a month to the other. Buss chosed to totally re-build the team. Nobody was expecting them to win the title this year. But yes, the plot was to make the Play-Offs. They failed. But like you said there are a lot of things to explain it, and none of them is called Kobe Bryant. We can blame Rudy T retiring, Hamblen not being Phil, Divac and George missing the whole season, Kobe being injured 20+ games, Odom being injured 10+ games, Butler and Mihm being injured, Grant being useless.. Kobe is the last one to blame, imo. In the same way, LeBron is the last one to blame. But shit, i'm just saying media made him MJ already, but he cant still be compared to Reggie Miller and Carter.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 06:00:11 AM »
Try to imagine LeBron being a nobody as a rookie, 20th pick or so lol - and then playing like this. I don't know what people would say. Fact is, he has been so damn hyped before he even scored his first point in the NBA.... this leads to advantages and disadvantages. One disadvantage is the embarrassment when his team won't make the playoffs. He never even attended a dunking contest because the pressure was so high that not winning it would have been an insane embarrassment, and he's still a kid, not much older than me LMAO. Not leading the team to the playoffs is really disappointing, I so didnt see this comin when they were #2 in the east and alive and kicking. But hell, one thing is sure though, he achieved great stats and I saw a lot of great plays by him, so what the hell. Maybe he can change the team after next season.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 06:04:12 AM »
Try to imagine LeBron being a nobody as a rookie, 20th pick or so lol - and then playing like this. I don't know what people would say. Fact is, he has been so damn hyped before he even scored his first point in the NBA.... this leads to advantages and disadvantages. One disadvantage is the embarrassment when his team won't make the playoffs. He never even attended a dunking contest because the pressure was so high that not winning it would have been an insane embarrassment, and he's still a kid, not much older than me LMAO. Not leading the team to the playoffs is really disappointing, I so didnt see this comin when they were #2 in the east and alive and kicking. But hell, one thing is sure though, he achieved great stats and I saw a lot of great plays by him, so what the hell. Maybe he can change the team after next season.

That's it.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 06:32:01 AM »
Just remember, like a lot of guys have been saying, MJ wasn't instant success for the Bulls.  And if you look at it, LeBron isn't putting all his trust into his teammates.  It took Jordan a few seasons to quit shooting all the time and trust his teammates.  Besides, as it's already been pointed out, the kid is 20.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2005, 07:28:02 AM »
I'm not knocking him this early, i really think he got game. But i think media hyped him too much without knowing if he's really a winner or if he's just another Tracy McGrady. "He's still 20!", that's the thing i'm keep reading as the excuse. Ok, but he wasnt even 20 when he was selected for the All Star game. He wasnt even 20 when he was selected to play in the Olympic US Team, returning home with no-golden medal. He wasnt even 20 when he signed that monster contract with Nike. So fuck age! If he's 20, then we should consider him like a good promising 20 years old guy.

Melo was 19 when he won the NCAA and he was 20 when he carried Denver over his shoulders last year, till the Play Offs. And he's doing it again at 21.
Wade was 22 when he carried Miami over his shoulders last year, advancing in the Play Offs. He's 23 now and he'll probably win his first ring.
Kobe was 23 when he first won a ring. Then 24. Then 25.
Magic was 19 when he won the NCAA and he was 20 when he won his first title playing Center. Then he was 21. 22. etc..
Bird was 24 when he won the title.

Etc..

Thing about age is...it's very very hard to actually lead a team and make players better when most are older than you. I don't know if you played sports,  but if you did, you'd definitely see where I'm coming from. If you played High School BBall, it doesn't matter if a freshman star is by far the best talent on the team, his older players aren't gonna always want to listen to him and follow his lead, only because he's yougner than them and their ego gets in the way. Magic was just a beast period, and was amazing at what he did. At the same time, you can't expect Lebron to do EVERY single thing that every other star did. Lebron is doin what 90% of all other superstars never did at his age, so don't knock him for not bein able to lead his team quite yet. And if you listen to the reporters and media, the Cavs are doin horrible because of the internal problems which don't really relate to Lebron himself.

acbaylove

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2005, 07:34:35 AM »
Thing about age is...it's very very hard to actually lead a team and make players better when most are older than you. I don't know if you played sports,  but if you did, you'd definitely see where I'm coming from. If you played High School BBall, it doesn't matter if a freshman star is by far the best talent on the team, his older players aren't gonna always want to listen to him and follow his lead, only because he's yougner than them and their ego gets in the way. Magic was just a beast period, and was amazing at what he did. At the same time, you can't expect Lebron to do EVERY single thing that every other star did. Lebron is doin what 90% of all other superstars never did at his age, so don't knock him for not bein able to lead his team quite yet. And if you listen to the reporters and media, the Cavs are doin horrible because of the internal problems which don't really relate to Lebron himself.

Yeah, i know. Like i said he got game, he got skills, he can improve a lot, etc..
The problem is that the media pictured him as the best player ever when he was still playing college basketball.
He aint God.
He's a 20 years old kid, like you all are saying.
Maybe the best 20 years old ever.
But Reggie Miller about to retire is still better than him in my book.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2005, 08:20:43 AM »
8. Cleveland 40-40
x. New Jersey 39-40

You gotta be kidding me!! Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana with all its problems, and shit maybe New Jersey will make the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference and the guy supposed to be "the next/better than" Jordan, with a teammate like All Star's Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a pretty good team surrounding him.. he can't carry his team ahead those wack teams to reach a Play Offs spot?

What's wrong with him? Should we only blame the teammates? Cause damn, you all dissed the fuck out of Kobe for the Lakers not making the Play-Offs, and Lakers have just 1 All Star player instead of 2, and they play in the Western Conference instead than in the Eastern one. Reading your comments it looks like LeBron is 10x better than Kobe and like LeBron is the future. Facts are that Melo carried his team in the Play Offs twice and LeBron is risking to do a 0-2 in the wackest Conference!

x. L.A. Lakers  34-45 (but they just dont care no more, so they're keep loosing..)

They aint that far away.

lol do u remember Kobe's first couple of years? I think youre jumpin tha gun just a little here man, u gotta give him time to develop. He's still a kid basically. Btw, i dont think he's better then kobe yet, and i definetely dont think he's the next MJ. But i do think he will eventually be better then Kobe. Ive always thought Lebron was more of a Magic Johnson kinda player, then Jordan anyways.

acbaylove

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2005, 08:26:57 AM »
lol do u remember Kobe's first couple of years?

He wasnt even close to Eddie Jones, i remember yeah. In fact i didnt hear people saying he was the best player ever without scoring a single point in the league. And i still think Kobe gotta prove me everything.

I think youre jumpin tha gun just a little here man, u gotta give him time to develop. He's still a kid basically.

I'll give him all the time he needs. It's people saying he the MVP of this Regular Season who is not giving him the necessary time. I'm giving him all the time he needs. Wishing him all the best.

Btw, i dont think he's better then kobe yet, and i definetely dont think he's the next MJ. But i do think he will eventually be better then Kobe. Ive always thought Lebron was more of a Magic Johnson kinda player, then Jordan anyways.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. Magic was the MVP of the Finals at his age playing Center vs the Celtics. And the previous year he won the NCAA alone! To compare the two is disrespectful for my fav player ever. Maybe in the future. Maybe. But i still remember that no-look-pass the fat ass Magic did when he returned playing with the Lakers. That move alone shits on the whole LeBron career. Please!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 08:32:33 AM by Antonio »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2005, 10:35:07 AM »

He aint God.
But Reggie Miller about to retire is still better than him in my book.

No one said he's God...

Well, Reggie is a vet..has proved himself in the finals minutes over and over agian...Lebron has done many times this season aswell, if he scored that last 3 pointer in the final seconds of the Pistons game, this thread would'nt have been made  ;)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

acbaylove

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2005, 11:28:17 AM »
He has to take the critics, homie. He doesnt even know what it means to be criticized.
Do you remember Kobe's airballs vs San Antonio?
They changed his career for good.
I hope that block will change LeBron's career too.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2005, 12:38:14 PM »
He has to take the critics, homie. He doesnt even know what it means to be criticized.

no what changed kobes career for good was him not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 02:11:49 PM »

no what changed kobes career for good was him not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

lol, the man's got a point.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 07:28:04 PM »

i hope James doesn't change anything..he's doing good right now..if you watch him play..he doesn't try to "force" anything...he shares the ball a lot. The problem is their coach, and the team's inexperience.

DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2005, 12:23:19 AM »
LOL@The same people who were bitching when I said that the Lakers are playing shitty partially due to lack of coaching are now saying the same thing about the Cavs to defend LeBron...Funny shit.