Author Topic: LeBron James and the Play Offs  (Read 1009 times)

acbaylove

Re: LeBron James and the Play Offs
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2005, 12:31:19 AM »
LOL@The same people who were bitching when I said that the Lakers are playing shitty partially due to lack of coaching are now saying the same thing about the Cavs to defend LeBron...Funny shit.

That's why i made this topic, lol.
I've read a lot of excuses for real, man.

1) The age: people are saying LeBron is the best player ever being 20, but that shit aint even funny. Like i said Magic won the NCAA tournament at 19 and his first NBA title at 20, playing C in the final game and making the winning shot. MVP of the Finals. He was 20. And Lakers without him were a wack team.
2) The team is wack: but damn, they have 2 All Stars! A lot of teams who reached the Play Offs have none. How's that? Plus they be playing in the Wack Coast where only Miami is a good team. They were #2, everybody can be #2 in the East!
3) They are too young: ok, but Bulls are #4.
4) They have no coach: ok, but why this excuse works only with the Cavs? I mean Lakers dont have a coach but you all blame Kobe?
5) LeBron was tired because of the Olympic Tournment: c'mon, they didnt even win it..

No excuses: it's time to make a step back and to consider LeBron a good player but not God.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2005, 12:54:56 AM »
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. Magic was the MVP of the Finals at his age playing Center vs the Celtics. And the previous year he won the NCAA alone! To compare the two is disrespectful for my fav player ever. Maybe in the future. Maybe. But i still remember that no-look-pass the fat ass Magic did when he returned playing with the Lakers. That move alone shits on the whole LeBron career. Please!

im not saying he's anywhere as good as Magic now. im saying, his game IMO is patterned after Magic way more then Jordan. I mean look at them, Jordan was a scorer first, passer second. Magic was a passer first, scorer second. One thing coaches complained about Lebron when he came into the league, was that he was TOO unselfish. I dont even know if he'll ever be as good as Magic. And i dont really like when young players come in the league, and they get compared automatically to some Hall of Famer. lol. You gotta prove yourself before being compared to guys like Jordan, Magic, Bird....etc. Thats why ive always hated the Kobe comparison to Jordan. Just as much as i hated the Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Harold Minor, etc...comparisons. Its takes a whole career worth of greatness to be like these legends.

acbaylove

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2005, 02:57:15 AM »
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. Magic was the MVP of the Finals at his age playing Center vs the Celtics. And the previous year he won the NCAA alone! To compare the two is disrespectful for my fav player ever. Maybe in the future. Maybe. But i still remember that no-look-pass the fat ass Magic did when he returned playing with the Lakers. That move alone shits on the whole LeBron career. Please!

im not saying he's anywhere as good as Magic now. im saying, his game IMO is patterned after Magic way more then Jordan. I mean look at them, Jordan was a scorer first, passer second. Magic was a passer first, scorer second. One thing coaches complained about Lebron when he came into the league, was that he was TOO unselfish. I dont even know if he'll ever be as good as Magic. And i dont really like when young players come in the league, and they get compared automatically to some Hall of Famer. lol. You gotta prove yourself before being compared to guys like Jordan, Magic, Bird....etc. Thats why ive always hated the Kobe comparison to Jordan. Just as much as i hated the Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Harold Minor, etc...comparisons. Its takes a whole career worth of greatness to be like these legends.

;)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2005, 11:03:19 AM »
LOL@The same people who were bitching when I said that the Lakers are playing shitty partially due to lack of coaching are now saying the same thing about the Cavs to defend LeBron...Funny shit.

1) The age: people are saying LeBron is the best player ever being 20, but that shit aint even funny. Like i said Magic won the NCAA tournament at 19 and his first NBA title at 20, playing C in the final game and making the winning shot. MVP of the Finals. He was 20. And Lakers without him were a wack team.
2) The team is wack: but damn, they have 2 All Stars! A lot of teams who reached the Play Offs have none. How's that? Plus they be playing in the Wack Coast where only Miami is a good team. They were #2, everybody can be #2 in the East!
4) They have no coach: ok, but why this excuse works only with the Cavs? I mean Lakers dont have a coach but you all blame Kobe?
5) LeBron was tired because of the Olympic Tournment: c'mon, they didnt even win it..

No excuses: it's time to make a step back and to consider LeBron a good player but not God.

Jesus Christ...who the hell is saying Lebron is God? Antonio, you crack me up when you type. I could argue those points up their easily, but you won't give up...don't be mad that the Laker's arn't in the playoffs and Lebron's Cav's *might* still get in.

Btw, in that Lakers Suck thread, I didn't say shit about the Lakers. But if I did, I'd say they didn't make it becuase of Kobe just to fuck you Kobe fans  ;D.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

BAY_BOY_408

• 'G'
  • 07 MVP
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2005, 01:03:22 PM »
LEBRON HAS NO FUTURE IN CLEVELAND! THEY'RE JUST HORRIBLE WITH Or WITHOUT LEBRON! IF WINNING IS MORE IMPORTANT TO HIM THAN MONEY...THEN HE SHOULD ASK FOR A TRADE IF HE DONT REACH THE PLAYOFF's NEXT YEAR!

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »
LEBRON HAS NO FUTURE IN CLEVELAND! THEY'RE JUST HORRIBLE WITH Or WITHOUT LEBRON! IF WINNING IS MORE IMPORTANT TO HIM THAN MONEY...THEN HE SHOULD ASK FOR A TRADE IF HE DONT REACH THE PLAYOFF's NEXT YEAR!

Maybe he's about honour and loyalty?

acbaylove

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2005, 02:20:24 PM »

Jesus Christ...who the hell is saying Lebron is God? Antonio, you crack me up when you type. I could argue those points up their easily, but you won't give up...don't be mad that the Laker's arn't in the playoffs and Lebron's Cav's *might* still get in.

Btw, in that Lakers Suck thread, I didn't say shit about the Lakers. But if I did, I'd say they didn't make it becuase of Kobe just to fuck you Kobe fans  ;D.

Isnt it clear i was talking about the media? Don't take it personal homie. I dunno how it is there, but here they pictured him as MJ before the draft. They said he was the best player ever at 20 and Jesus he aint even close to half Magic, my all time fav player. That's what i hate about it. I don't hate LeBron, but the media overhyping him. I'm not talking about you, but the media.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2005, 11:46:05 PM »
Alright it is most definitely over. Boston has #3 clinched and NJ has the most important game of the season, to me there is little doubt that Nets are going to win. Sad shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2005, 01:25:06 AM »
Yeah i think it's over for the Cavs..

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2005, 09:28:44 AM »
8. Cleveland 40-40
x. New Jersey 39-40

You gotta be kidding me!! Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana with all its problems, and shit maybe New Jersey will make the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference and the guy supposed to be "the next/better than" Jordan, with a teammate like All Star's Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a pretty good team surrounding him.. he can't carry his team ahead those wack teams to reach a Play Offs spot?

They aint that far away.

and thats why i said that magic was the greatest of all time, he paved the way for jordan,no one really cared about guards before. no one thought they could do anything but pass. the centers were THE game, but when magic came along he changed everything. he even played center! if jordan ever did that he wouldve gotten eaten alive! but i think jordan is number 2

Do you know how long it took MJ to get Chicago in the playoffs?  Let alone win a first round series?  Gimme a break man, this has nothing to do with comparing the 2 players....Plus LeBron is still only 19 or 20 now and Jordan didnt enter the league until he was 23.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2005, 11:05:50 AM »
WHat do you mean its over? There is still one more game...I hope to god Nets lose  ;D (cuz i hate VC)

Doggystylin

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2005, 11:27:58 AM »
WHat do you mean its over? There is still one more game...I hope to god Nets lose  ;D (cuz i hate VC)

yes it is over, if you heard what boston's coach said then you know its over, they want to be fair and dont care if they lose so their putting in their bench in for most of the game in both games, and new jersey would really have to fuck up to lose to boston's bench team

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2005, 12:12:31 PM »
^^^Hey...anything can happen  :-\

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2005, 07:02:38 PM »
lol...James got a triple double 27, 14, 14 and his team won..celtics had a huge lead going into the half, looked like their going into the playoffs right? Nope...celtics managed to only score 8 points and give up 32 in the 3rd quarter lol....today was a good day

Also

NEWS: April 20
SKINNY: James became the youngest player to record 3,500 points, 1,000 rebounds and 1,000 assists. He also became the second fastest to reach the milestones, getting there in his 158th career game, the Associated Press reports.

Congrats to James!

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2005, 10:27:45 PM »
lol...James got a triple double 27, 14, 14 and his team won..celtics had a huge lead going into the half, looked like their going into the playoffs right? Nope...celtics managed to only score 8 points and give up 32 in the 3rd quarter lol....today was a good day

Also

NEWS: April 20
SKINNY: James became the youngest player to record 3,500 points, 1,000 rebounds and 1,000 assists. He also became the second fastest to reach the milestones, getting there in his 158th career game, the Associated Press reports.

Congrats to James!

damn sucks for james. anyways he's stil sick. congrats to him.