Author Topic: LeBron James and the Play Offs  (Read 1006 times)

Doggystylin

Re: LeBron James and the Play Offs
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2005, 11:36:49 PM »
damn thats gotta hurt, they both got the same record and new jersey gets the spot.....ouch..

acbaylove

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2005, 01:30:19 AM »
damn thats gotta hurt, they both got the same record and new jersey gets the spot.....ouch..

Hold on. Cavaliers used to have the #2 spot, and it looked like they were ready to match Miami for the Eastern Conference title. Everybody in Cleveland was screaming "MVP! MVP!", and people was happy as fuck. Then it came the real world and the dream ended. Cavaliers went from #2 to #9, and they are now officially out the Play Offs. On the other side, New Jersey acquired Carter, and Carter averaged 27.4 ppg (37 in the last decisive game vs Celtics) with 6 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game to prove he's still better than LeBron. That's what i see in my book. Jason Kidd player of the week in the Eastern Conference, Carter 37 points in the last game, New Jersey with a 8-2 record in the last 10 games (Cavs have a 4-6, but 2 games ago it was 2-8). It's so cristalline that it's not even worth other comments.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2005, 06:17:32 AM »
The eastern conference playoffs are not going to be half as entertaining now. Fucking fuck.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2005, 10:22:59 AM »
Well, now its time to wonder what kind of stats King James is going to get next year?

James hit 27.2 PPG, 7.4 Rebounds, 7.2 Assists, 2.2 Steals a game  :o :o...Finished with a .475% Field Goal. He can only go up from here.

But I bet he'd trade those numbers in for a playoff spot..or maybe a good coach.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 10:30:33 AM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2005, 06:21:57 PM »
The eastern conference playoffs are not going to be half as entertaining now. Fucking fuck.

Hell yea they are...Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson, and Jason Kidd will be a lot more entertaining than LeBron James and his piece of shit Cavs...At least Nets will be able to put up a good fight against Miami...Nobody who knows anything about basketball wants to see Cleveland get swept in the first round...It's only you...

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2005, 08:11:41 PM »
but lebron is the #1 person who ppl would pay for to watch him play. hes fuckin sick. and how serious was vinces injury? didnt he roll his ankle or some shit against boston? i didnt watch the game, but i heard ppl tlkain bout it i think. bron is the future.  :cow:

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2005, 11:52:56 PM »
I had typed out a huge ass paragraph, but just deleted it...

Antonio, your 'argument' is flawed on so many levels its not even funny...

His team is good?! LOL Jeff and Eric sharing the point guard duties, Jerri Welsch praying his jumper will fall, Traylor eating kids in the locker room, Drew Gooden forgetting every single play (while putting up 'impressive' stats at the same time to fool people who dont actually watch NBA), Big ZzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzz who is an All Star purely by default and David Stern being all on LeBron's nuts...

Kobe was 23 when he won his first ring. If LeBron was playing with Shaq, he'd have a title (see D Wade)...

Fat Magic's no look pass shits on LeBron's whole career - yeah, sorry, surprised no one else said this ealier... twat

He's gotta prove to you he can beat an international team in the Olympics = by far the dumbest 'argument' I've read about LeBron... 1. He barely got played as L Brown hates playing young guys 2. Had USA sent their full strength team, we wouldnt have this discussion 3. They play a completely different game...

Media painted the picture of him being the best player when he was still in college? God damn... Anyways, I will put that down to a typo, but even still, the media didnt say he was the best ever... they did however realise the potential to be the best ever...

No one cared about guards before Magic? lol do you know anything about basketball? And yes, we all know Magic played centre for a game, get over it man...

Lakers without Magic were a wack team... you forget just how Cleverland got that 1# pick dude? Melo carried his team now twice into the playoffs? Omg, you get worse as I re-read the post lol... Camby, Boykins and George Karl have had more impact on that than Melo (although he's been doing his thang lately)

Seriously, if you're gonna start up a thread like this and have a dip at someone, atleast get your facts straight and not make yourself out like a fool...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2005, 12:33:22 AM »
Lebron James had a sick year.

in his second year hes had a better year than the following players...

Bryant
Iverson
Wade
McGrady
Carter
Pierce
Ray ALlen

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2005, 12:37:50 AM »
If LeBron was playing with Shaq, he'd have a title (see D Wade)...

Really? And how will you ever be able to prove this...You act as if Miami already champions...In my opinion, Wade is currently a better player than LeBron, but Miami still ain't champions for sure and aren't even favored...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2005, 12:42:17 AM »
Iverson
Wade
McGrady
Carter

I'd say all those players had a better year than LeBron, especially because they either carried or got their team to the playoffs...PeACe.

acbaylove

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2005, 01:10:53 AM »
Antonio, your 'argument' is flawed on so many levels its not even funny...
His team is good?! LOL Jeff and Eric sharing the point guard duties, Jerri Welsch praying his jumper will fall, Traylor eating kids in the locker room, Drew Gooden forgetting every single play (while putting up 'impressive' stats at the same time to fool people who dont actually watch NBA), Big ZzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzz who is an All Star purely by default and David Stern being all on LeBron's nuts...

I've never write Cavs is a good team. It's a wack team if you ask me.

Kobe was 23 when he won his first ring. If LeBron was playing with Shaq, he'd have a title (see D Wade)...

I'm actually 90% sure about it too. Like Manu Ginobili, like Tracy McGrady, like Allen Iverson, like Jason Kidd, like Vince Carter, like Reggie Miller, like Ray Allen, like Stephon Marbury, like half of the NBA's Guards. But what's your point? You all said Kobe won the rings because of Shaq? Yeah, i agree. So if LeBron was playing with Shaq, he'd have a title or two, but STILL thanx to Shaq.

Fat Magic's no look pass shits on LeBron's whole career - yeah, sorry, surprised no one else said this ealier... twat

I did. And it's the truth. You can't even compare Magic's career to this kid's one. I understand if people compares Kobe to Jordan cause Kobe won 3 rings (so half people can say he won them because of Shaq, the other half because he got skills like Jordan. I'm with the first half of those people), but to compare LeBron with Magic is straight bullshit.

He's gotta prove to you he can beat an international team in the Olympics = by far the dumbest 'argument' I've read about LeBron... 1. He barely got played as L Brown hates playing young guys 2. Had USA sent their full strength team, we wouldnt have this discussion 3. They play a completely different game...

I didnt talk about the past Olympics, but about future Olympics. And you can call it a dumb argument, ok. But still i wanna see him against a team who actually defends 10x better than what Lakers do. I wanna see him against Italy, Lithuania, Argentina, France, etc.. Cause imo it's too easy in the NBA to drive in and to score when team dont even play zone. I wanna see if he can improve his game playing good offence against the zone, or defending against European's SG and SF, cause they shoot from 3pts and usually knows how to use their body to play into the painted zone. I dont think that's a dumb statement. If you wanna be universally recognized as the best player in the world, i think you should prove it to the world. Dont you think?

Media painted the picture of him being the best player when he was still in college? God damn... Anyways, I will put that down to a typo, but even still, the media didnt say he was the best ever... they did however realise the potential to be the best ever...

Yeah, high school. We call it (inferior) College here. Anyway they realized it, yeah. And i aint neglecting his potential. I'm just saying that we should talk about a potentially good SG, but right now he aint the best one in the league IMO.

No one cared about guards before Magic? lol do you know anything about basketball? And yes, we all know Magic played centre for a game, get over it man...

I can't. He won what i think it was the best game ever, man. Being 20, playing C, against Celtics. Damn. Dont put it down.

Lakers without Magic were a wack team... you forget just how Cleverland got that 1# pick dude?

No. In fact i was expecting them to play as good as the Lakers?

Melo carried his team now twice into the playoffs? Omg, you get worse as I re-read the post lol... Camby, Boykins and George Karl have had more impact on that than Melo (although he's been doing his thang lately)

If you read them all.. i already said it was just a provocation, obviously.

Seriously, if you're gonna start up a thread like this and have a dip at someone, atleast get your facts straight and not make yourself out like a fool...

You still gotta prove me where i'm wrong. Try again.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2005, 06:56:28 AM »

You gotta be kidding me!! Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana with all its problems, and shit maybe New Jersey will make the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference and the guy supposed to be "the next/better than" Jordan, with a teammate like All Star's Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a pretty good team surrounding him.. he can't carry his team ahead those wack teams to reach a Play Offs spot?

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2005, 08:27:56 AM »

You gotta be kidding me!! Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana with all its problems, and shit maybe New Jersey will make the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference and the guy supposed to be "the next/better than" Jordan, with a teammate like All Star's Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a pretty good team surrounding him.. he can't carry his team ahead those wack teams to reach a Play Offs spot?

lol, ouch

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2005, 11:17:07 AM »

lol, ouch
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2005, 12:34:40 PM »
Lebron is on another level due to his scoring, ability to hold on to the ball, good amount of assists for his possesion, good rebound ratio...too bad his team around him is below aveage, below average coach and their GM just got fired...a direct plea from the Owner telling Lebron "please dont demand a trade"