Author Topic: LeBron James and the Play Offs  (Read 1005 times)

acbaylove

Re: LeBron James and the Play Offs
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2005, 01:37:38 PM »
I've never write Cavs is a good team. It's a wack team if you ask me.

You gotta be kidding me!! Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana with all its problems, and shit maybe New Jersey will make the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference and the guy supposed to be "the next/better than" Jordan, with a teammate like All Star's Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a pretty good team surrounding him.. he can't carry his team ahead those wack teams to reach a Play Offs spot?

I was quoting 7even. Read his post in the first page! ("A good coach can't change the potential of a team and its players, which Cavs don't lack, but.."). Actually i was making fun of it. That's what i think about Cavs being wack anyway.

2) The team is wack: but damn, they have 2 All Stars! A lot of teams who reached the Play Offs have none. How's that? Plus they be playing in the Wack Coast where only Miami is a good team. They were #2, everybody can be #2 in the East!

An Nik is the only one who understood the real meaning of my topic.

^^LOL...I don't understand...Kobe's playing for basically an expansion team with an assistant coach leading them who not only have 0 stars (other than Kobe), but have currently been playing without their second best player (Odom), and have been missing players throughout the season (Deavan George, Vlade Divac, Brian Grant, Kobe Bryant, Jumain Jones, Chris Mihm... shit, they've all been injured.)...Now on the other hand, you have LeBron James, a superstar with another superstar on his team and a good supporting cast who's been dubbed the next Michael Jordan and is already being called better than Kobe when he ain't even on Carter status...They both aren't making the playoffs, but only one is being hated on...Am I the only one who can see?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 01:46:14 PM by Antonio »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2005, 01:48:41 PM »
^^ wtf.. that's from the post you started the thread with.. I posted later, how the hell does that make sense?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2005, 05:08:39 PM »
^^^ Exactly... how can you quote someone, on something they havent said yet... face it, you fucked up...

and I dont care if NIK is the only one who got what you're saying, im not here for a Kobe/LA vs. LeBron/Cavs war or whatever's going on, on this topic, you have clearly proven you have no idea...

seems like all your arguments keep turning into 'an obvious joke' or 'just for reaction'...

u got rolled homie :D lol

acbaylove

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2005, 01:13:44 AM »
ROFL! Ok, anyway let me explain it without quoting 7even, lol. I'm saying that Cavs, playing in the East Coast and being #2 for a pretty long time, had a team who could have made it into the Play Offs easly, expecially if you think they have 2 All Stars in the team, and if you consider the rest of the players as role players playing for them. It's a pretty good team, under this point of view, to reach the #8 spot in the East. I wrote: "You gotta be kidding me!! Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana with all its problems, and shit maybe New Jersey will make the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference and the guy supposed to be "the next/better than" Jordan, with a teammate like All Star's Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a pretty good team surrounding him.. he can't carry his team ahead those wack teams to reach a Play Offs spot?". I was easly talking about the East Coast. Now it's obvious that if we talk in general, Cavs are wack compared to teams like San Antonio, Phoenix, Miami, Dallas, Seattle, Detroit, Sacramento, Denver, Houston, but i was comparing them to Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana and New Jersey, the teams who made the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference. Get it? I'm blaming Cavs and LeBron because it was possible for them to reach the Play Offs, considering how wack the other teams in the East are. Boston has no all stars. Washington has no all stars. Chicago has no all stars. Indiana had a lot of troubles.. But they still made it. Cavs didnt. It's too easy imo to say Cavs are a wack team. No. They are good enought (2 All Stars + role players) to reach the Play Offs. They failed. Then it's obvious the team is wack compared to the best ones of the League, but they didnt have to win the title. They had to reach the Play Offs. It's a failure.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2005, 01:50:57 AM »
ROFL! Ok, anyway let me explain it without quoting 7even, lol. I'm saying that Cavs, playing in the East Coast and being #2 for a pretty long time, had a team who could have made it into the Play Offs easly, expecially if you think they have 2 All Stars in the team, and if you consider the rest of the players as role players playing for them. It's a pretty good team, under this point of view, to reach the #8 spot in the East. I wrote: "You gotta be kidding me!! Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana with all its problems, and shit maybe New Jersey will make the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference and the guy supposed to be "the next/better than" Jordan, with a teammate like All Star's Zydrunas Ilgauskas and a pretty good team surrounding him.. he can't carry his team ahead those wack teams to reach a Play Offs spot?". I was easly talking about the East Coast. Now it's obvious that if we talk in general, Cavs are wack compared to teams like San Antonio, Phoenix, Miami, Dallas, Seattle, Detroit, Sacramento, Denver, Houston, but i was comparing them to Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Chicago, Indiana and New Jersey, the teams who made the Play Offs in the Eastern Conference. Get it? I'm blaming Cavs and LeBron because it was possible for them to reach the Play Offs, considering how wack the other teams in the East are. Boston has no all stars. Washington has no all stars. Chicago has no all stars. Indiana had a lot of troubles.. But they still made it. Cavs didnt. It's too easy imo to say Cavs are a wack team. No. They are good enought (2 All Stars + role players) to reach the Play Offs. They failed. Then it's obvious the team is wack compared to the best ones of the League, but they didnt have to win the title. They had to reach the Play Offs. It's a failure.

its true, it is a failure. Like u said, only really because theyre in the East. Shit, i could put together a team at tha local YMCA that could make the playoffs in the East lol. Now, the season is a failure for the Cavs. I dont really think Lebron himself is a failure. I mean shit, the guy is a kid. Obviously expectations are high for him. Maybe higher then any player coming into the league ever. But we gotta give him SOME time to develop.

acbaylove

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2005, 02:41:04 AM »
its true, it is a failure. Like u said, only really because theyre in the East. Shit, i could put together a team at tha local YMCA that could make the playoffs in the East lol. Now, the season is a failure for the Cavs. I dont really think Lebron himself is a failure. I mean shit, the guy is a kid. Obviously expectations are high for him. Maybe higher then any player coming into the league ever. But we gotta give him SOME time to develop.

For sure. He NEEDS some time to develop. I'm just saying it's too early to say he's the next MJ because he still needs time and he still gotta prove everything. I said he's the closest thing to Jordan ever existed at 19/20, but the media hyped him too much. I dunno how is it possible to neglect that.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2005, 02:50:12 AM »

For sure. He NEEDS some time to develop. I'm just saying it's too early to say he's the next MJ because he still needs time and he still gotta prove everything. I said he's the closest thing to Jordan ever existed at 19/20, but the media hyped him too much. I dunno how is it possible to neglect that.

of course they did. Theyre the media, they do this shit to every possible candidate lol. If the media doesnt have a story, they create one. In basketball, theres no bigger comparison u can make....then to Jordan. None of em are EVER Jordan, but how many more tickets do u think the Cavs sold this year because of the hype? lol

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2005, 11:17:15 AM »
Boston has no all stars. Washington has no all stars. Chicago has no all stars. Indiana had a lot of troubles.. But they still made it.

Damn you're on fire with bullshit facts  ::) :laugh:

lbc213

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2005, 02:33:18 PM »
OOOH man it gets heated up in here lol. I love this game. Anyway Lebron won't play for the Cavs next year, u can quote me for this.

acbaylove

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2005, 03:41:08 AM »
Boston has no all stars. Washington has no all stars. Chicago has no all stars. Indiana had a lot of troubles.. But they still made it.

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm a desperate Laker fan trying to shut LeBron down, homie. I'm on a mission! 8)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2005, 09:56:06 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm a desperate Laker fan trying to shut LeBron down, homie. I'm on a mission! 8)

what does being a laker fan have to do with shutting down Lebron's greatness?

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2005, 11:13:05 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

who knows?  ???

acbaylove

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2005, 02:03:57 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Jealousy. Cause LeBron is loved and Kobe is hated. :-\