Author Topic: Nation of Islam = thugs with a "cause"?  (Read 234 times)

J Bananas

Nation of Islam = thugs with a "cause"?
« on: April 25, 2005, 10:36:40 AM »
Are they aware that they aren't even close to being real muslims? If so, why do they continue to devote themselves to an institution they know isn't based on real values? It seems like the Nation of Islam is just a  last resort for burned out thugs that don't have any other choices. Here in Oakland, the NOI has a little setup on the corner of 59th st and San Pablo and those fools post up like 30 deep on the block at night being a "neighborhood watch" or whatever. In reality they don't do shit cuz people sell drugs on the next corner over and all types of fucked up shit happens and they dont do a thing about it. I also have experienced racism at their hands and was ridiculed simply for being on their block. Is the NOI really just a group of thugs in sheeps clothing or do they have any legitimate beliefs and activities? Anyone who knows somebody in the NOI or have encountered them themselves have any info on what these guys are about?

And I'm talking about the Nation of Islam, not muslims of middle eastern descent or white sympathizers. I get their deal.

Don Seer

Re: Nation of Islam = thugs with a "cause"?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 10:38:25 AM »
are they NOI or FOI?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 11:30:27 AM »
it's simply an attempt to be racist with a value-mask
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 02:44:20 PM »
it's simply an attempt to be racist with a value-mask

^^^^^You simply can't sum up a movement as prolific as the Nation of Islam has been, in just 10 words of little thought!

I'm not saying you have to agree with their message (although I doubt you even posess even rudimentary knowledge of their message anyway)..... but when a little black man who can't even speak English with proper grammer was able to stand up in an audotorium (in the 60's) with nearly 1,000,000 first generation (black-Muslims) chanting "All Praise to the Honorable Elijah Muhammad", and this is achieved in just a few decades.......  there is obviously much more at play then just simply "racism with a value mask!"

The fact that they don't consider the stories of Fard Muhammad (founder of Nation of Islam, was actually a light skinned sympathizer of the African American struggle, told his followers he was from Mekkah but historians believe he was from India or Palestine, or wherever, his story is shrouded in mystery)... the biography of Elijah Muhammad (leader of Nation of Islam when it was at it's hieght).... or the struggle of Malcolm X (Nation of Islam minister who later converted to true Islam upon his Hajj to Mekkah)......  The fact that they don't teach this in American History classes all over college campuses and highschools, just proves that they aren't teaching any real American history!  The stories of these men tell of authentic American history better than anything I ever read in school!   

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 02:59:09 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You're right he can't just say it was racist, it was also blasphemous. That fuck head Elijah told his idiot followers that he was the one solid connection with God, on Earth. That he was in fact a prophet. Now even your Muslim teachings tell you that that is a bunch of shit.

P.S. The Nazi's were also prolific, it doesn't mean we owe them enough respect to put more thought into our generalizations. (and why haven't you responeded to the White Supremacy thread? I'm still waiting to be converted).

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 03:05:44 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You're right he can't just say it was racist, it was also blasphemous. That fuck head Elijah told his idiot followers that he was the one solid connection with God, on Earth. That he was in fact a prophet. Now even your Muslim teachings tell you that that is a bunch of shit.

Ofcourse being an orthodox Muslim (and a white one for that matter) I strongly disagree with the teachings of Elijah Muhammad.  However, I do not fail to recognize the historical and racial conditions that led to the rise of the Nation, nor do I fail to realize the deeper implications of the movement, and their role in erasing the slave mentality amongst their followers.  They connnected African American's with their long lost brothers of the African and Eastern world and taught them to love and respect themselves.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

rafsta

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 03:09:55 PM »
anyone here watch the simpsons ? this reminds me of the vigilante group homer started up when the cat burgular was in town...

J Bananas

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 03:19:58 PM »
anyone here watch the simpsons ? this reminds me of the vigilante group homer started up when the cat burgular was in town...
LOL

Whenever they stand and watch the block at night there's always two or three guys with earpieces on the corners like theyre secret service.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 03:25:14 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ofcourse being an orthodox Muslim (and a white one for that matter) I strongly disagree with the teachings of Elijah Muhammad.  However, I do not fail to recognize the historical and racial conditions that led to the rise of the Nation, nor do I fail to realize the deeper implications of the movement, and their role in erasing the slave mentality amongst their followers.  They connnected African American's with their long lost brothers of the African and Eastern world and taught them to love and respect themselves.

What I never got about African Unity is how do you know you even came from the same part of Africa, or that you weren't each part of civilizations that were at war with each other. If Black or Chinese people took over the world and I was enslaved and sent in the fields to work and I came across another man with Eurpean descent, should I embrace him just because he's from Europe? What if he's from German descent and an aryan. Aryan German's were responsible for the mass killing of a whole lot of Greek's during WW2, and this was after Greece had been taken over by Germany. Is there really a historical connection between me and him. Now I would accpet him as my brother, but that's because we're both human, not because we both have the same skin colour or are both from the same continent. If I needed that kind of connection I'd be a lesser human being.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 04:53:41 AM »
Im not saying that racist people cannot have any qualities. You can be a great soccer player or really good at maths, and still be racist. Therefore, I didnt imply that they didnt achieve anything - in fact, most things are achieved by uniting people - which is, unfortunately, more often than not done through racism or nationalism. Hitler achieved a lot as well. How the hell does that make him less of an antisemitic asshole? Same goes for Elijah Muhammad. Anyway, I might be wrong, but weren't those racist blacks responsible for the deaths of 2 of the most important men in black history?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 04:55:17 AM by 7even the Annoyed One »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 04:55:29 AM »

ya'll have gone way off topic..

do any of ya'll know what FOI is in relation to NOI ?

might help you see why i asked that question...

Matrix Heart

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 05:31:26 AM »
Are you gonna say Full Of It(FOI) because all religions are FOI  :nahnah:

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 05:52:05 AM »
no...

the FOI is an (kind of sub) organisation closely related to NOI...  grow up

Matrix Heart

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 06:13:43 AM »
no...

the FOI is an (kind of sub) organisation closely related to NOI...  grow up

Fruit of Islam  ;D grow up Seer.

http://www.wonderwheel.net/work/foia/1959/041059-051959/appendix.pdf

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 07:20:54 AM »
yeah fruit of islam.... they're a militant offshoot.. and provide security/protection etc