Author Topic: Bayern Celebrate Title Triumph  (Read 191 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Bayern Celebrate Title Triumph
« on: April 30, 2005, 06:10:20 PM »

Bayern Munich players and officials are celebrating a 19th German championship after sealing the Bundesliga crown with a 4-0 win at Kaiserslautern on Saturday.

A hat-trick from striker Roy Makaay lit up a scintillating finale to Bayern's league campaign and put the Bavarians out of sight of Schalke 04 who failed to beat Bayer Leverkusen to prolong the title race.

Coach Felix Magath, celebrating the triumph in his first season in Munich, said: "I can’t describe my relief, my joy, at winning a trophy at last. Personal thanks to Bayern Munich because it wouldn’t have been possible without every single person at the club."

Midfield star Michael Ballack added: "We’ve played really well across the whole season and we deserve the championship title. We’ve proved we’re the best team in the league."

Hot-shot Makaay was thrilled with his contribution, saying: "I came to Munich because I wanted to win the league. It didn’t work out last term, but it has this time. I’ve scored three goals and set up another today. It doesn’t get much better than this."

Full-back Willy Sagnol saluted Klaus Augenthaler's Bayer side for denying Schalke the points needed to delay Bayern celebrations: "We’ve brought home the title a little earlier than we expected – thanks to Leverkusen."

Countryman Bixente Lizarazu preferred to look ahead, warning: "That was just the first trophy of the season. Now we have to beat Schalke in the Pokal final."

Bomb-A®

Re: Bayern Celebrate Title Triumph
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 12:41:51 AM »
yup congrats to them

peace

acbaylove

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 04:47:41 AM »
Congratulations.

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 11:25:48 AM »
I can´t stand them but props where props are due...

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 02:32:03 AM »
I can´t stand them but props where props are due...