Author Topic: Who to Blame for High Gas Prices? hmm.  (Read 827 times)

Jome

Re: Who to Blame for High Gas Prices? hmm.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2005, 02:59:33 PM »
On the gas prices; Jome's actually complaining that the prices are TOO low in America.  No; they're too high everywhere else.  In my state, gas is at about 2.19 right now.  Ultimately, you can't complain about the prices of gas wherever you are, because if it was THAT big of a deal, enough to get upset about, just move to somewhere where they're lower.  Of course you'll never do that, you wouldn't have anything to bitch about then. 

Naww, I'll never move from Norway, especially not over money, it's just too good here. 8)
At the end of the day, I'm not satisfied with the gas prices, but I can afford it..
I'd like to see lower prices, but not as low as in U.S. cuz I know what that will lead to eventually.
Many Americans who come to Norway is surprised why it's so clean here, even the cities..

More and more people have more than 1 car in Norway, if the prices was reduced with 350% to match the American level, you'd have a RUSH of people buying not only 2 or 3, but maybe up to 4 cars, and nobody would take the bus/public transportation, and bikes would be a blast from the past.
If I could import cars from U.S. without paying Norwegian taxes/import fees, I'd probably buy 2-3 cars for myself at once..

Woodrow

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »
HHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't know what you found funny, but if you paid $7.5-7.8 for gas like we do in Norway, or more than $8 like they do in Holland, I'm pretty sure you would think again before buying that Monster truck 4WD Turbo... most likely you would die of the shock when you saw the price at the gas station..  ::) :D
I find it funny that I DON'T pay 7.50 a gallon and I CAN buy a monster truck.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 01:07:59 PM »

holding hands like fags and he's telling bush : i wanna suck your cock

Suga Foot

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2005, 01:21:49 PM »
Seer, you are crazy, why do you own a car if you're not gonna use it?   :D

I've had my car for 3 months, and I've already put 8k on it lol.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2005, 04:25:44 PM »
84p for 95ron fuel here... (i was using optimax 98 ron fuel... till now since my car loves it.. but fuck paying 90p...)

84p  is $1.50
90p  is $1.72

BUT.. we buy our fuel in different measures...

the equavilent price a gallon over here is roughly $6 a gallon

i found this breaking it down...

UK
==
Petrol price 85.6p-per-litre ($6.1806/gallon)
Petrol tax* 67.1p-per-litre ($4.7923/gallon)
Actual Cost 19.4p-per-litre ($1.3882/gallon)

US/Florida
==
Petrol price $2.26/gallon (Flagler Co. Florida)
Petrol tax** $0.498/gallon
Actual Cost $1.762/gallon

this page here has a chart comparing world prices >> http://www.see-search.com/business/fuelandpetrolpriceseurope.htm
damn, you guys are getting fucked by BP
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

ecrazy

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2005, 04:39:27 PM »
damn overseer, less than 10 miles in a year and a half, im a student, and i work like 4 miles from my house, i put on like 15k miles a year if not more... yea gas is high, but i dont bitch, i got used to it, i like driving so w/e and yea if i bitch i can alsways think that in europe they would rape a sheep for our gas prices so i live with it
Yea, True..I Average about 250 miles a week in my car, going to school and to work, and taking my mom or brother or girlfriend to places

shamihundal

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2005, 01:23:18 PM »
who's to blame?  The oil companies.  European cars eat up gas as much as American cars. 

I got me a honda.
And oh yeah fuck Bush. Hes to blame.

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2005, 09:52:50 PM »
Me!

J Bananas

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2005, 10:42:21 AM »
If prices in America get over 5 dollars I'm a rob a gas station and hook yall up. it's really easy because most of the underground tanks arent locked at all. :)

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2005, 05:03:49 PM »
ppl need to buy Hybrid cars :D

J Bananas

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2005, 07:16:27 PM »
ppl need to buy Hybrid cars
u need to be sodomized with a mag light :D

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2005, 11:23:58 AM »
Los Angeles/San Diego has great transportation just too many people with cars and there nothing you can do during rush hour traffic that's just life even if it's starts backing up at 1pm  ;D

Los Angeles even has a Subway which many outsiders don't even know about  ;D

http://www.urbanrail.net/am/lsan/los-angeles-map.gif

its well known we have some of the worst public transportation in the country man. Its pretty obvious, people dont all buy cars in Southern California just cus they like to drive and spend money. They buy them, cus they have to. Like i said, i used to go to school less then 3 miles from my house. It was about a 5-10 minute drive. On the City Limo tho, shit was like 1/12 hrs with transfers n shit.

btw, "Whos to blame?" Those fuckin soccer moms who dont even work and just spend their husbands money. They drive around ALL day in a fuckin suburban, with nowhere to go...talking on their cell phone...wasting gas....stupid bitches. lol

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2005, 11:25:36 AM »
Here's what I always find funny about these type of arguments, and I'll bet nobody on the board thinks like me on this one.

If it's THAT big of a problem; move.  For instance, the guy in L.A. that says how shitty public transportation is... well, dogg, that's THERE.  HERE, we have good transportation.  You can get all the way across the city in a car, in about half an hour on the interstate, or you can take a bus, through downtown, in about an hour.  We live in a populous with well over a million people, which isn't L.A., but why live somewhere where you complain about all that shit?  If you don't like it, just move somewhere where it's better.

cus u live in the fuckin country Hillbilly Jim.  ;)