Author Topic: Even if Phil does come back....  (Read 462 times)

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Even if Phil does come back....
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2005, 03:00:52 PM »
Trade Kobe...they could get 2, 3 good players for him. If u sign Phil Jackson he could maybe create a team that can play together and win, rather then a team with one superstar that wont win anytime soon.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2005, 03:28:24 PM »
kobe is a ballhog. get over it.

And Gilbert Arenas doesn't shoot enough... ::)

when did i say gil was/wasnt a ballhog?

acbaylove

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 03:33:54 PM »
Trade Kobe...they could get 2, 3 good players for him. If u sign Phil Jackson he could maybe create a team that can play together and win, rather then a team with one superstar that wont win anytime soon.

What if Phil doesnt want to trade Kobe & Lamar? ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 05:51:04 PM »

Phil Jackson said the current Laker team is perfect to run the triangle offense, and you do realize that Kobe is a huge part of the current Laker team, right? That means that if Phil has any interest to coach the Lakers, he's interested in coaching the Lakers with it's current star player...Phil knows that Buss would never trade Kobe. So even though they had their differences, Phil and Kobe both want to win, and together they can achieve...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 05:55:18 PM »

You didn't, but I never claimed that you said that...I was simply implying that bashing Kobe for being a ballhog with a Gilbert Arenas pic in your sig is a pretty ironic thing to do...Kobe is a scorer and a passer...A ballhog doesn't lead his team in assists.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2005, 07:16:53 PM »

Phil does want to trade Kobe. He doesn't however want to trade Odam because he likes Odam. But he does want to trade Kobe. He said it in his book that Kobe was uncoachable, he has said it in every interview he has done, plus Phil has some condition were he has weak feet and Kobe has thrown the basketball at Phil's feet to knock him down.

acbaylove

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 07:26:55 PM »

Phil does want to trade Kobe. He doesn't however want to trade Odam because he likes Odam. But he does want to trade Kobe. He said it in his book that Kobe was uncoachable, he has said it in every interview he has done, plus Phil has some condition were he has weak feet and Kobe has thrown the basketball at Phil's feet to knock him down.

Oh i strongly disagree here. First of all that team was a Shaq team. So it was possible to trade Kobe and still be competitive, simply because of Shaq. This team doesnt have Shaq no more, so to trade Kobe is a stupid move. Plus consider Kobe knows triangle well, and he fits well in triangle. Shaq didnt. Shaq and Kobe didnt. Kobe and Odom probably will. IMO the Lakers doesnt have to trade Kobe. They should keep Kobe, Odom, Mihm, maybe Divac and try to move the rest of the roster to get a good PF/C and a decent PG (maybe from the draft).

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2005, 08:19:32 PM »

You didn't, but I never claimed that you said that...I was simply implying that bashing Kobe for being a ballhog with a Gilbert Arenas pic in your sig is a pretty ironic thing to do...Kobe is a scorer and a passer...A ballhog doesn't lead his team in assists.

well to clear it up, gil played for az and the shot against chicago was so similar to the shot salim took for the win against osu. thats why i have them in my sig. and gil does shoot too much imo and needs to egt the extra pass in a lot but hes still an outstanding player. as for kobe hes a phenominal player but i still think hes a ballhog.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2005, 08:38:27 PM »

LOL, so you're his new manager? Yes, he bashed him in his book, but are you forgetting that they co-existed for 5 years, and even won 3 championships together? And am I missing something, because I seriously don't remember Phil saying Kobe was uncoachable in any of his interviews, let alone "every interview he has done"...Keep bringing this board bullshit, because it's only making you look like one of those moronic Laker haters...PeACe

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2005, 12:18:33 PM »

LOL, so you're his new manager? Yes, he bashed him in his book, but are you forgetting that they co-existed for 5 years, and even won 3 championships together? And am I missing something, because I seriously don't remember Phil saying Kobe was uncoachable in any of his interviews, let alone "every interview he has done"...Keep bringing this board bullshit, because it's only making you look like one of those moronic Laker haters...PeACe

Yeah that's why one of the guys who interviewed Phll for ESPN Magazine who was on Jim Rome is Burning, and said that Phil told him exactly what I posted before.
Plus it's been said in every form of media that Phil thought Kobe was uncoachable.
You should start listening to the radio and watching TV to see the interviews so you know what people have said about this subject.

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 04:14:42 PM »

Phil Jackson said the current Laker team is perfect to run the triangle offense, and you do realize that Kobe is a huge part of the current Laker team, right? That means that if Phil has any interest to coach the Lakers, he's interested in coaching the Lakers with it's current star player...Phil knows that Buss would never trade Kobe. So even though they had their differences, Phil and Kobe both want to win, and together they can achieve...

did u think Phil would say..."the current Laker team is shit, and im going to want to get rid of everyone if i get there"? lol The current Laker team is no where NEAR perfect for the triangle. I will give u this tho, a healthy Vlade is very good for the system. Kobe, if he gets his head strait as far as being more a team player, is good for it. Odom, is a good fit for it. But they DEFINETELY need some more shooters for the triangle. But, i still think getting rid of Kobe would be the best step the Lakers could take to improving the team. Sometimes talent isnt everything. And i just dont see Kobe winning. Like i said, unless his attitude gets better.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 07:17:42 PM »
Phil said what he said...I'm not gunna come up with all these theorys as to what he thinks, I just know what he said...Lakers will never trade Kobe, end of story...Jerry Buss said he wouldn't trade Kobe for a team, a coach, and an arena...We'll see what the future holds for the Lakers...If history is any indication, they should be on the rise pretty soon...PeACe

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2005, 10:27:28 AM »
phil wanted to trade kobe in the 2001 season. it says so in his book. phil thinks kobe is the best player in the league right now. dont bash me this is what he said. phil has always wanted to coach the best player in the league i.e. jordan shaq now kobe. thinks he can win a championship with kobe. first of all we need a pure 1. like a jkidd with some defense. we need a real powerforward. like a carlos boozer. i wish we couldve gotten one of those pf from denver. kenyon nene or camby. they have three. move odom to sf. i think mihm is fine at c if he could hold the ball better. theres rumors that lakers are going for kg. theyre going to try to trade up in the draft to get a better pick to fill the void of lamar odom. rodney peete from best damn sportshow period said he talk to isaiah thomas recently and asked him about phil. he said phil wasnt coming to ny anymore. so now its down to the lakers and kings. some insiders from clublakers are saying that everything is done with phil theyre just waiting on the announcement

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2005, 12:42:07 PM »
phil wanted to trade kobe in the 2001 season. it says so in his book. phil thinks kobe is the best player in the league right now. dont bash me this is what he said. phil has always wanted to coach the best player in the league i.e. jordan shaq now kobe. thinks he can win a championship with kobe. first of all we need a pure 1. like a jkidd with some defense. we need a real powerforward. like a carlos boozer. i wish we couldve gotten one of those pf from denver. kenyon nene or camby. they have three. move odom to sf. i think mihm is fine at c if he could hold the ball better. theres rumors that lakers are going for kg. theyre going to try to trade up in the draft to get a better pick to fill the void of lamar odom. rodney peete from best damn sportshow period said he talk to isaiah thomas recently and asked him about phil. he said phil wasnt coming to ny anymore. so now its down to the lakers and kings. some insiders from clublakers are saying that everything is done with phil theyre just waiting on the announcement

Phil wants a piece of what ever team he goes to, meaning he wants to be part owner.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2005, 01:00:42 AM »

Phil wants a piece of what ever team he goes to, meaning he wants to be part owner.

Show me where he says this, you piece of shit rumor spreader...