Author Topic: Italian Football News  (Read 206 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Italian Football News
« on: May 05, 2005, 09:22:35 AM »
Inter

Inter are reportedly leading the chase to sign Stefano Fiore from Valencia.

The Italian international has failed to flourish at the Mestalla since his move from Lazio last summer, and is thought to be keen on a return to his homeland.

"We are hopeful. After all, Fiore is a player who Mancini does like,” said his agent Federico Pastorello."

"Valencia are also aware that his Spanish experience is destined to end. I think we can find a solution that will satisfy all parties."

Juve

Real Madrid technical director Arrigo Sacchi has predicted that Juventus will defeat Milan on Sunday afternoon.

"Milan play a more attractive style of play, but I see Juventus as favourites," the former AC Milan boss said.

"Capello will be able to take advantage of the fatigue that has been afflicting Ancelotti’s side of late," he explained.

Sacchi also commented on the suspension that ruled Juventus striker Ibrahimovic out of the San Siro showdown.

"If Juve complain, then what should the other sides do?," he said.

Juventus and Milan are even on 76 points going into the Scudetto clash.

Milan

Paolo Maldini has reassured his fans that he is feeling better following the terrible kick he received in his head during the Champions League encounter against PSV Eindhoven. “I’m fine, I just have a slight pain, but I think that I will play against Juventus,” declared the veteran captain. Milan will host Juventus on Sunday afternoon in what will be a decisive encounter for the Scudetto race.

Parma

The Gialloblu coach, Pietro Carmignani, believes that his side has what it takes to achieve an important and unexpected qualification to the Uefa Cup final when tonight they visit CSKA Moscow.

The first leg goalless draw result means that Parma will either need to win the game or end in a scoring draw to go through to the next round, something which Carmignani hopes his team can attain.

“Let’s hope we qualify for the final, also because the Uefa Cup did well to us in the league and it wasn’t a distraction. In the league games we played, following the last seven Uefa Cup matches, we made 10 points, which means an average of 1.43 points per game.”

Parma are called for an important Serie A match this weekend as they host freefalling Roma in what could prove a decisive game for the Gialloblu’s fate in the relegation battle.

Brescia

According to latest Italian media reports, defender Gilberto Martinez is strongly linked to the Spanish giants who will send Sacchi to scrutinize the player. Martinez currently plays for relegation battlers Brescia who will host Inter on Sunday afternoon in an important and crucial encounter for the Rondinelle’s chances of staying up.

Udinese

Luciano Spalletti has masterfully guided his Udinese side to the top positions of Serie A thanks to some attractive and solid football. Now the Tuscan coach knows that these last weeks will be make or break for his team as failing in this next month would mean that all the good work done in the past season did not reap its fruits. “It’s a decisive moment for us. We are playing on two fronts, so there will be space for everyone. With regards to Lazio, we shall have to pay particular attention to Rocchi.”

Palermo

Lamberto Zauli has confirmed recent transfer rumours that he will not remain with Palermo next season. The talented midfielder hopes to join Napoli even though no negotiations have been set up as of yet.

“At the end of the season I will leave Palermo. Napoli is an important place which fascinates me; every player would like to play there. Reja used to coach me in the past, however there has been no contact as of yet.

“Napoli has a very strong team and it wouldn’t be a problem for me to play in Serie B next year, but first we must sign a contract.”

acbaylove

Re: Italian Football News
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 01:37:10 PM »
Shit man, Milan-Juve is the game of the year! We betta win.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Italian Football News
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 05:19:10 PM »
GO PARMA
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008